What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 90 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1179Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Is the grill cross missing on purpose?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Durham
Garage

Member car:

156 v6

sorn'd it, garaged it and started ordering the parts needed to bring her back to life
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Melbourne, Australia-
Garage

Member car:

2003 147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzabara View Post
It does! Do they make one that will fit a 147 GTA??
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Melbourne, Australia-
Garage

Member car:

2003 147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroBeanz View Post
On my day off and in between showers I have been attempting to do some chip repair to the GT because a respray is not practical or economical right now but the sight of white (primer)freckles is bugging me.

Having Googled information, the "Chipex" approach seemed practical and has positive reviews but somewhat expensive, for what it is. Basically, the system uses the appropriate paint colour applied to a chip or scratch and later a solvent "blender" to remove excess paint. Further research has led me to source my own Lipari Grey paint and isopropanol 70% (a kind of alcohol but not too harsh) as a blender, recommended by body shop repair people. I have dabbed on paint with a fine artist brush on various chips, then half an hour or so later, have rubbed away any excess or proud paint with the blender, leaving just the paint in the chip or scratch. to do this I wrap some material round an old credit card and drop some blender onto it. Then I just wipe it across the touch ups. So far the results are encouraging, I've not destroyed the GT or made it worse and the acne looks less offensive.

The next stage will be to touch up with some clear coat to seal and then blend that but all in good time.
need to do some of that too, car came with some touch up paint when I bought it so just need some clear coat. The method I've been told is to mix the clear in with the paint as putting it on after will juat make a lump there again
AO Member

County: Halland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobulon View Post
It does! Do they make one that will fit a 147 GTA??
Its actually made specifically for the Seat leon cupra R, but its one of the most adopted splitters to any brand of cars with a round front end, (would not fit a volvo 740 very well), i believe it would fit great to a 147 gta since it has the same widened fenders as the gt and similar front end.. But you will need to to some cutting and adjusting until you get it fitted nicely but that goes for any brand of car except the seat leon cupra, but I would say its fairly straight forward and took me about 2 hours to get it perfectly fit all by myself..

Here is the article number for the splitter and you can order one from your local vw (vag) dealer for about 30-50 euros, 1ML 805-903

Here is a pic I googled with a 147 gta and a cupra splitter fitted, you could probably request someone to post some more pictures of their 147 gta here one the forum, I bet there are a couple of gtas on here with cupra splitters.. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d2fe6536a1.jpg

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk
bobulon likes this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Its actually made specifically for the Seat leon cupra R, but its one of the most adopted splitters to any brand of cars with a round front end, (would not fit a volvo 740 very well), i believe it would fit great to a 147 gta since it has the same widened fenders as the gt and similar front end.. But you will need to to some cutting and adjusting until you get it fitted nicely but that goes for any brand of car except the seat leon cupra, but I would say its fairly straight forward and took me about 2 hours to get it perfectly fit all by myself..

Here is the article number for the splitter and you can order one from your local vw (vag) dealer for about 30-50 euros, 1ML 805-903

Here is a pic I googled with a 147 gta and a cupra splitter fitted, you could probably request someone to post some more pictures of their 147 gta here one the forum, I bet there are a couple of gtas on here with cupra splitters.. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d2fe6536a1.jpg

I think the above is not a real 147gta , doesnt look wide enough but its still a pretty good if you just want to know approximately how it would look

bobulon likes this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstcaralfa View Post
Is the grill cross missing on purpose?
If the question was for me than the answer is no, some a**hole backed up to my car and broke the grille and dented the hood, but its going through the insurance soon, just havent gotten around to it..

County: West Midlands
Garage
Not today but yesterday, collected the car from the garage, after it failed the MOT on Friday and then passed yesterday after £100 of work so not a disaster...

Now all I need to do is sort out the clunking sound which I think is coming from the front - advisory about small amount of movement in the anti-roll bar sounds like it may be the culprit...
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
so, a really good day today..

stainless turbo pipes fitted and well worth it for anyone wishing to keep the stock intercooler, throttle response is improved without a doubt and the car just seems a bit more willing..they also look the business IMO.

Thanks to Fabrizi racing in Italy who were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish, and the link to these puppies from one of you gents on the forum, (rxe?)

also picked her up from Primo alloys in Guildford who did a fantastic job of refurbing the wheels, a full back to bare metal and powder coat bake and top coat job. Colour is Alfa Anthracite, I am very happy with the job these boys have done...they even allowed national windscreens to fix the stonechip on the premises and paid the man the £10 excess as I had forgotten to leave it.

They genuinely love what they do and really liked the GT and Alfa's in general.

price was £288 including VAT including removing the wheels and re balancing when replaced. a fantastic price for around these parts a strong recommendation for these gents.

Then off to the local car wash and I gave her a good carnuba-ing and buffing with my new rotary buffer.

caliper paint arrives this week and i will get that done in the next couple along with gear linkage top hat bushes and the short shifter as and when it arrives in the post courtesy of rxe.

its all coming together very nicely
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160401_150642.jpg (191.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 20160405_145846.jpg (230.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 20160405_145823.jpg (176.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 20160405_145829.jpg (194.3 KB, 36 views)

GT blackline,Bilstien B12's and Eibach Anti roll bar kit,Quaife Diff,Autolusso performance pads, de-cat downpipe,hybrid turbo,stage one clutch,autolusso re-map, swirl flap and egr delete, leon cupra front splitter,novitec light covers,simone racing gear knob.
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire-
Sprayed up a quarter of me bumper ! Excellent colour match thanks to st Helens auto paint 😀
AO Silver Member

Swore at it, a lot. Then swore at it some more. Then got my phone stuck between the washer bottle and side wing, then swore at myself. Now trying to figure out where the **** my expansion tank cap went.
edraven71, AussieAlex and bobulon like this.
AO Member

County: Renfrewshire
Garage
Well, having the 156 diesel off the road to sort out the clutch and clutch lines I had some spare time so decided to fabricate some new items for the car. The bottom turbo hose felt about as solid as a paper bag so that was going and always fancied getting a decat pipe so that was fabricated too. Only had steel tubing around but fabrication wasn't as bad as i thought and managed to get the flange for the exhasuet and some tight 90degree bends from ebay. Both came out not too bad and car feels a lot more responsive after fitting them! Turbo note sounds better too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160401_141655.jpg (78.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20160402_120716.jpg (123.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20160318_085059.jpg (95.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20160318_085115.jpg (95.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20160401_141633.jpg (94.1 KB, 17 views)
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Not that the sidelight bulbs were blowing themselves up that often, 9-12 months for each one, decided to install LED CANBUS friendly ones to see how they go.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4008892859...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bright enough to scare the bejesus out of any gremlin, and for the first time the fitting was so easy I had to double check the badge on the front still said Alfa Romeo.

Now just to see how long they last.
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

2005 GT 3.2 V6

Resprayed the faded and rusted brake discs a nice new black and de-rusted with a Dremel.
bobulon likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
Resprayed the faded and rusted brake discs a nice new black and de-rusted with a Dremel.
I hope you mean calipers not discs!
AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
Fitting new wipers today, adjusting the jets so they hit my windscreen (not the car behind) and raising the headlight beams. I suspect the headlight beam is already at full height and lifting it higher is going to take much arsing about.
Any tips with the beam. I know it has 2 hexes for adjustment up/down and left/right but it cannot be adjusted any higher with these. I'd rather not be taking the bumper off.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmayhead View Post
I hope you mean calipers not discs!

I think he meant the central part of the disc!
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Bedfordshire
Autolusso Hybrid turbo CF4 147 & GT

Now this is a bargain

We can now offer a hybrid turbo built by Turbo Dynamics supplied, fitted with a custom remap for £1,000 inc VAT

This deal is on CF4 147 and GT's from 2007 and on

Depending on how far the customer wants to push the mapping this will produce up to approximately 240 + BHP, we advise not to push it this hard but it is possible

Autolusso - Hybrid Turbo

Ned
Tommywho156 and joeymannero like this.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolusso View Post
Now this is a bargain

We can now offer a hybrid turbo built by Turbo Dynamics supplied, fitted with a custom remap for £1,000 inc VAT

This deal is on CF4 147 and GT's from 2007 and on

Depending on how far the customer wants to push the mapping this will produce up to approximately 240 + BHP, we advise not to push it this hard but it is possible

Autolusso - Hybrid Turbo

Ned

I can without doubt say both map and hybrid are epic...
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

cambelt and waterpump swap this aft , all going swimmingly till the belt refit , turns out that even though the parts supplier had my chassis number to ensure the correct kit , the belt was too long ! it turns out my 54 reg GT has a CF3 jtd engine fitted and 198 teeth on the cambelt , the belt I had was 199 teeth , doh ! so the car is half rebuilt , hope the new belt is here on Saturday as promised

County: -
Replaced the reverse switch on the gearbox, however turned out to be a broken wire, all sorted now though, my first job on the 147, nipped.
bobulon likes this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman1207 View Post
Sprayed up a quarter of me bumper ! Excellent colour match thanks to st Helens auto paint 😀
How much did you lower yours, and do you have any problems with scraping since you have the cupra splitter fitted? I am wondering because I like the way yours is looking and my new wishbones and coilovers finally arrived today and I was looking to get the same look as yours as long as I dont have to watch out for every single little pothole that is..

AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymannero View Post
so, a really good day today..

stainless turbo pipes fitted and well worth it for anyone wishing to keep the stock intercooler, throttle response is improved without a doubt and the car just seems a bit more willing..they also look the business IMO.

Thanks to Fabrizi racing in Italy who were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish, and the link to these puppies from one of you gents on the forum, (rxe?)

also picked her up from Primo alloys in Guildford who did a fantastic job of refurbing the wheels, a full back to bare metal and powder coat bake and top coat job. Colour is Alfa Anthracite, I am very happy with the job these boys have done...they even allowed national windscreens to fix the stonechip on the premises and paid the man the £10 excess as I had forgotten to leave it.

They genuinely love what they do and really liked the GT and Alfa's in general.

price was £288 including VAT including removing the wheels and re balancing when replaced. a fantastic price for around these parts a strong recommendation for these gents.

Then off to the local car wash and I gave her a good carnuba-ing and buffing with my new rotary buffer.

caliper paint arrives this week and i will get that done in the next couple along with gear linkage top hat bushes and the short shifter as and when it arrives in the post courtesy of rxe.

its all coming together very nicely

How much did you lower yours, and do you have any problems with scraping since you have the cupra splitter fitted? I am wondering because I like the way yours is looking and my new wishbones and coilovers finally arrived today and I was looking to get the same look as yours as long as I dont have to watch out for every single little pothole that is..

AO Silver Member

Quote:

mine is around a 25-30 mm drop so not huge, there is on occasion a bit of splitter contact but only on a very steep incline or a decline (when reversing), my neighbours garage used to be were I would put the nose for a 3 point turn but I can no longer do that. potholes are not an issue at all and we have more than our fair share around here so that would not concern me..

speed humps are fine as long as you slow down to a crawl but that is a good policy anyway with Alfa GT wishbone bushes..

all in all the car is handling very nicely and beginning to look a bit special.

once the front grille is painted to match the wheels and the calipers a nice red with the Alfa decals that arrived in the post today it will be a real looker!

short shift kit goes on next week as well (cheers rxe) along with some new top hat bushes.

happy days!
bobulon likes this.
AO Member

County: Stockholm
Garage
Quote:

Are your roads better over in the west? The roads in Stockholm are atrocious! I thought Australian roads were absolute rubbish until I moved to Sthlm.....I will never complain again about our lovely roads in Aus. Between the giant, numerous potholes and the stupid number of steep speed humps.....I am considering not lowering my 156 when I change the suspension xD

Maybe you will have better luck in Halland!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today