What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 84 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
Put some Archoil6400 in with a full tank of diesel today. Didn't feel like it did anything performance wise but my car has always ran sweet since I blanked the egr. I'll calculate the mpg when I next fill up and post if there's a gain. Some people rave about these snake oils.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmayhead View Post
Good luck ratko but i think you're posting on the wrong site. We've all got our own problems here.
We're all Alfa owners so any spare money goes to that! Buy a lottery ticket like everyone else ...
(Post Link) post #2078 of 2909 Old 05-03-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratko View Post
Hi, to all of the alfa community here on alfaowner.com, i own alfa 156 2.0 petrol engine, recently i had bad engine failure that resulted in damaged 4 piston and cylinder. Here is the disassemble of the engine.
The cylinder block is in the machine shop and these days the machinist will be inspecting the block to see what can be done in order to make a repair.
i have started a fund raising campaign at: http://igg.me/at/WbtAR0LCuwI in order to get the engine up and running. anyone who can help me by funding or spreading the word with this is welcomed.

i will post new pictures from the cylinder block and keep you informed how the progress is going.

There will be need of cylinder head repairs also, but more on that in the next step of the procedure.

I will post all the details of the engine as the repair is going on. so please, any suggestions, comments, or interests are greatly welcomed.

thank you.
Wish you all the best with your project mate. But you have to appreciate begging for money is morally unacceptable. Some of us including myself spend a fair share of our hard earned building, fixing and working our projects. We go without holidays and other luxury's for our Alfa car passion. We are pre judged on our economic status and standing through what we spend on our cars project etc. Yet people have no idea what the other brother is earning, and what he goes through to build a project etc, and the sacrifices he makes.
Its all hard work mate. As my dad used to say "work hard play hard". Nothing wrong with asking for advice or if anyone has a spare x, y or Z. But begging for money?

Like i said, all the best buddy. I hope you do get help in the form of parts you need etc.

Damien.
joeymannero likes this.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Just ordered a fully deflapped inlet manifold from CDTI surgery, to be installed next week by the boys in Bournemouth!

Fingers crossed it arrives in time!
ALFADOIT and joeymannero like this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

First decent drive in the GT V6 for a while from Oxford to Plymouth, to watch the mighty OUFC...!!!!
AO Member

County: uk

Member car:

156 selespeed

Today I fitted strongflex rear bushes
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman557 View Post
Today I fitted strongflex rear bushes
Which ones, the whole lot?

Did you need a press to do it all?
AO Member

County: Meath
Happy day

Bought my third Alfa Romeo today. This time 147 1.6 Sept. 2004
Gave her a oil and filter change.
AO Member

County: -
Hello guys!

Im new here. Im from belgium and i drive a Gt with the 1.9jtd 16v. Cam belt broke so i am having a look at the rockers.. 4 broke..
I would love some advice! is it normal that you can just plug them off? They are loose as hell what do you guys think? Do i have to take off the head and look at the valves??
Thanks in advance!!
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage
Wheels are in need of a serious refurb. Whoever did them before I got the car did a poor job. Been contemplating a colour change to make her look a bit more aggressive. Was thinking of a very dark bronze/dark gun metal with bronze fleck. Against the black paintwork I think it could work well. Haven't seen any Alfas with that colour wheel but google has thrown up pictures of some nice looking motors with similar colour scheme.

What are your thoughts?
AO Member

County: uk

Member car:

156 selespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Which ones, the whole lot?

Did you need a press to do it all?
The whole back end anti roll bar, 8x sub frame to hub links and hub to radius arm bush. I did have a press but could be done with a decent vice
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Put a new oil filler cap on. Well I say new, I got one in great quality from clover breakers, nice guys to deal with

Garage
Yesterday I ve blanked the EGR valve, but before this my GT winked to me with check engine light and motor control system failure. But i ve added the EGR blank, then went for the PC and checked that was in a fact EGR fault (p0401), so I think I have to clean it. I only loosen it up and put the blank in. But Alfa now drives better, I thought a have turbo lag that big, and its normal. But after the EGR is no more, it's gone
AO Member

Member car:

GT jtd

Fitted an x car link, now have a Bluetooth stereo and steering wheel controls, also fitted a wireless reverse camera ran out of time though so currently grabbing power from the cigarette lighter will see if I can grab power from the fuse board next weekend so wires can be hidden away
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentos View Post
Fitted an x car link, now have a Bluetooth stereo and steering wheel controls, also fitted a wireless reverse camera ran out of time though so currently grabbing power from the cigarette lighter will see if I can grab power from the fuse board next weekend so wires can be hidden away
Got one of those to fit to the GTA when I get it going again, how you finding it?
AO Member

Member car:

GT jtd

Which one the xcar link or the camera.

Xcar is good, clear sound easy to fit and retain oem stereo not the cheapest solution but keeps the interior looking good and understated which sadly a lot of modern stereos fail to do

Wireless camera just an aid really, need to get to know what the lines mean in feat and inches but played with today and worked well so far
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentos View Post
Which one the xcar link or the camera.

Xcar is good, clear sound easy to fit and retain oem stereo not the cheapest solution but keeps the interior looking good and understated which sadly a lot of modern stereos fail to do

Wireless camera just an aid really, need to get to know what the lines mean in feat and inches but played with today and worked well so far
Sorry, meant the Xcar link, good to know it works ok, just wanted to keep the interior standard on that one so seemed a good solution.
AO Member

Member car:

GT jtd

Easy to fit sound is good enough for me when driving just need to test the phone at speed when I get the chance to do so I will post back first ever job s on the gt as only had for two weeks so pleased with end results
edraven71 likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Removed the scuttle, cleaned it all and sprayed it with satin black. 3.95 rattle can from
Wilko's and a couple of hours.

It was all grey and grim, very pleased with the results!
AO Member

Unpacked the replacement wheel for the buckled one fitted to my car atm lol hopefully be vibe free

County: Cork
Garage
March Detailing competition now open for entries http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...n-entries.html (March Detailing Competition Entries)

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if your car looks good take some pics & submit them

Full rules here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...ion-rules.html (Monthly Detailing Competition Rules)
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
March Detailing competition now open for entries http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...n-entries.html (March Detailing Competition Entries)

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if your car looks good take some pics & submit them

Full rules here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...ion-rules.html (Monthly Detailing Competition Rules)
At some point in time I'm gonna have to have a go...

It all started about 14 months ago when I bought a microfibre mitt and a bottle of Halfords 2 in 1 Wash and Wax...

Now I'm gearing up for a full decontamination and 2 stage polish with my DAS6-Pro over the long Easter weekend... I blame TommyWho entirely...
David P likes this.
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Melbourne, Australia-
Garage

Member car:

2003 147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Now I'm gearing up for a full decontamination and 2 stage polish with my DAS6-Pro over the long Easter weekend... I blame TommyWho entirely...
you probably know this already but don't try for perfection, that's only for show cars. you only have so much clear coat to polish and you don't want to take it down too far
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobulon View Post
you probably know this already but don't try for perfection, that's only for show cars. you only have so much clear coat to polish and you don't want to take it down too far
I won't go too far, don't worry!

It's my daily driver, munching 800 miles a week on the motorway... The lovely finish can only ever last so long against the road rash!

Mainly targeting some light scratching on the upper quarter panels that I picked up using a dirty wash mitt and not enough sudds... and a few stone chips that I filled with chippex and have been slowly wet-sanding back flat..

The rest of it is just because it's never been done before.. So it's getting a proper tart up for the first time in 9 years
bobulon likes this.

AO Member

County: -Hampshire
Garage

Member car:

156 & 147

Had a few days fettling. Replaced main beam bulb on 156 - horrible job which nearly dislocated my wrist trying to release the springs. Replaced window switch, slightly realigned bonnet shut lines, adapted Tom Tom mount to fit on top of central dashboard vent/info display, replaced wiper blades on 156 and wife's 147. My new thermostat arrived this morning but it started raining so came in & spent afternoon reading the alfaowner forums and will fit that tomorrow.

Last Saturday I had a new cam belt & water pump fitted by Kevin at Sussex Alfa Romeo near Brighton. What a fantastic service, it only took him 3 hours and while I was there he plugged in his code reader and identified a slight misfire which was fixed with a new plug along with giving the car a general inspection. He really knows these cars and only charged me one third of the price I was quoted by an official dealer that is only 400 yards from my house in Portsmouth.
bobulon likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today