What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 81 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Bedfordshire
Only posted to make it 2000 posts on this thread

Ned
ALFADOIT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Second set of problems - haven't touched the damage to the exhaust or the handbrake cables, which u specifically asked the photographer to get as I didn't think the garage would see it.
AO Silver Member

County: East Sussex
Changed the offside rear wheel bearing. Been rumbling for a couple of weeks, rumble went away when steering right, wisdom suggests this is the OSR...and so it was.

Spinning the wheel while in the air the worn bearing could be felt while holding the spring.

Armed myself with a hub puller and angle grinder to remove the potentially stuck inner race, didn't need either as the old bearing practically fell off.

Went much better than I could have hoped, lovely and quiet now.

All the best

Pub
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Had both my front indicator s in the oven today trying to dry out condensation, 50 degreesC for 40 mins did the job. I then ran clear sealant around the lenses to ensure they were sealed properly and hopefully avoid them misting up again.
AO Silver Member

First wash in a month after getting it back yesterday, and I've gotta say I do like the feeling of fresh paint under my microfibre mitt!

Also manged to pry out the number plate bulb housing at long last... When it eventually came out it looks like the mechanism was stuck solid, there was no sliding.. Ended up chewing up the plastic surround a bit which isn't ideal.. But it's well hidden, and now both bulbs are replaced with LEDs.. Shouldn't need to go in there again any time soon!
joeymannero likes this.

Last edited by _The_Editor_; 21-02-16 at 19:13.
AO Silver Member

County: Cork

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
First wash in a month after getting it back yesterday, and I've gotta say I do like the feeling of fresh paint under my microfibre mitt!

Also manged to pry out the number plate bulb housing at long last... When it eventually came out it looks like the mechanism was stuck solid, there was no sliding.. Ended up chewing up the plastic surround a bit which isn't ideal.. But it's well hidden, and now both bulbs are replaced with LEDs.. Shouldn't need to go in there again any time soon!
Sorry to hear the repairs weren't up to spec. What will you do about the outstanding issues?
AO Silver Member

County: Cork

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolusso View Post
Only posted to make it 2000 posts on this thread

Ned
Tart.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy OPlastic View Post
Sorry to hear the repairs weren't up to spec. What will you do about the outstanding issues?
Left a message on the garages voicemail, so they should get back to me tomorrow. Undertray I'd imagine it sat in their goods-in pile forgotten about (it was on the list of parts), and the exhaust/handbrake cable should be simple enough for them...

It's only the hanger broken off on the mid-section, which makes naff all difference to the system but would fail the MOT so I want it put right..

The handbrake cables are functioning fine, but the passengers side has taken a clout and are hanging down low..

I'm most miffed that the garage wasted a week with me arranging for a photographer to get pictures of the damage in order to make a preliminary estimate, only to then chuck that estimate out and strip the front end as soon as it was in the shop and re-estimate based on what was found.. They know with front bumper damage that they've got to strip back to assess, so why bother with the pics... The whole exercise of trying to get hold of the bl**dy photographer was made entirely pointless, and put the whole job back by a week!

Also irked that when on the phone with them the first time they said it'd be only 100% new and genuine parts, and upon inspection the "new" intercooler support bracket is almost as corroded as the last one. I understand this is a hard part to find, and wouldn't mind a second hand part at all if they'd have asked me about it... But they never did, and they're claiming 100% new parts (and charging the claims company for new parts!) where clearly it's not..

Oh and they did a naff job of cleaning the car too, hence I re-did it today. Looks like they cleaned in on Weds/Thurs when they had finished the mechanical work (left water spots and runs), and then left it parked outside for a few days to accumulate bird mess and general detritus

Needless to say I've sent a letter to my insurers letting them know that their choice of subcontractors is giving them a bad rep, so hopefully that'll prompt them into acting a bit quicker about getting the work done!

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
[QUOTE=_The_Editor_;14394665]Left a message on the garages voicemail, so they should get back to me tomorrow. Undertray I'd imagine it sat in their goods-in pile forgotten about (it was on the list of parts), and the exhaust/handbrake cable should be simple enough for them...

It's only the hanger broken off on the mid-section, which makes naff all difference to the system but would fail the MOT so I want it put right..

The handbrake cables are functioning fine, but the passengers side has taken a clout and are hanging down low..

I'm most miffed that the garage wasted a week with me arranging for a photographer to get pictures of the damage in order to make a preliminary estimate, only to then chuck that estimate out and strip the front end as soon as it was in the shop and re-estimate based on what was found.. They know with front bumper damage that they've got to strip back to assess, so why bother with the pics... The whole exercise of trying to get hold of the bl**dy photographer was made entirely pointless, and put the whole job back by a week!

Also irked that when on the phone with them the first time they said it'd be only 100% new and genuine parts, and upon inspection the "new" intercooler support bracket is almost as corroded as the last one. I understand this is a hard part to find, and wouldn't mind a second hand part at all if they'd have asked me about it... But they never did, and they're claiming 100% new parts (and charging the claims company for new parts!) where clearly it's not..

ed,

you are not alone with your experience of bad workmanship/poor customer service.....

here is a run down of our start to the year...

1) bought the wife a brand new Peugeot 208 GT line (not my choice) on the 26th sep last year. it has been in the garage for a total of seven weeks and 5 visits for electrical faults that are still unresolved...we are rejecting the car, dealer and Peugeot U.K have displayed awful customer service and have been truly unhelpful and often derisory with their offers to remedy the situation and are fighting us all the way on rejection saying we should give them a 6th chance to fix the car.

2) new basin,toilet and cistern from a well known plumbers supplier, on fitting found both cistern and basin have casting faults and are leaky,cistern also had a faulty re-fill valve. been 3 weeks and we are still awaiting replacements ...will have to pay a plumber for two fitting costs. compensation promised. nothing yet...

3) ordered a custom built basin unit for the bathroom specifying the size required, when it arrived it was 6 cm to wide and 5 cm to deep, seller refused to rebuild saying he would lose money!

after much negotiation got half the money back, broke out the tools and took it apart and re -sized it...what craftsman can't use a measuring tape?!

4) having a custom built guitar amp made, we are now on our 3rd go! it has arrived with wrong valves,wrong speaker cabinet, first one one didn't work at all due to a faulty transformer. and hoping these idiots get it right this time...3000 worth of kit that as of now is unusable and unreliable.

5) my turbo dynamics turbo is not right...will speak with them today and hope it turns out better than all the other companies we are dealing with (which BTW are well known reputable companies) we have not tried to do anything on the cheap and have paid up front for everything.

when did workmanship and customer service become so poor? , they are all bending over backwards when selling to you but it seems cannot be to help after this point if anything goes wrong

I feel your pain is what I'm saying!

Last edited by joeymannero; 22-02-16 at 08:00.
(Post Link) post #2010 of 2909 Old 22-02-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

[QUOTE=joeymannero;14396105]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Left a message on the garages voicemail, so they should get back to me tomorrow. Undertray I'd imagine it sat in their goods-in pile forgotten about (it was on the list of parts), and the exhaust/handbrake cable should be simple enough for them...

ed,

you are not alone with your experience of bad workmanship/poor customer service.....

here is a run down of our start to the year...

1) bought the wife a brand new Peugeot 208 GT line (not my choice) on the 26th sep last year. it has been in the garage for a total of seven weeks and 5 visits for electrical faults that are still unresolved...we are rejecting the car, dealer and Peugeot U.K have displayed awful customer service and have been truly unhelpful and often derisory with their offers to remedy the situation and are fighting us all the way on rejection saying we should give them a 6th chance to fix the car.

2) new basin,toilet and cistern from a well known plumbers supplier, on fitting found both cistern and basin have casting faults and are leaky,cistern also had a faulty re-fill valve. been 3 weeks and we are still awaiting replacements ...will have to pay a plumber for two fitting costs. compensation promised. nothing yet...

3) ordered a custom built basin unit for the bathroom specifying the size required, when it arrived it was 6 cm to wide and 5 cm to deep, seller refused to rebuild saying he would lose money!

after much negotiation got half the money back, broke out the tools and took it apart and re -sized it...what craftsman can't use a measuring tape?!

4) having a custom built guitar amp made, we are now on our 3rd go! it has arrived with wrong valves,wrong speaker cabinet, first one one didn't work at all due to a faulty transformer. and hoping these idiots get it right this time...3000 worth of kit that as of now is unusable and unreliable.

5) my turbo dynamics turbo is not right...will speak with them today and hope it turns out better than all the other companies we are dealing with (which BTW are well known reputable companies) we have not tried to do anything on the cheap and have paid up front for everything.

when did workmanship and customer service become so poor? , they are all bending over backwards when selling to you but it seems cannot be to help after this point if anything goes wrong

I feel your pain is what I'm saying!
Sorry to hear that Joe.. F'king shocking mate. Let me know how you get on with Turbo Dynamics.

Damien.
AO Silver Member

[QUOTE=ALFADOIT;14398129]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymannero View Post

Sorry to hear that Joe.. F'king shocking mate. Let me know how you get on with Turbo Dynamics.

Damien.

well,

had a chat with Tom this morning and predictably this is the position.

whilst he accepted its ''possible'' the VNT actuation could be incorrectly adjusted he said its unlikely, and either way the cost of removing and re-fitting the turbo will be ''down to me'' although they are ''happy to test it again''

now seeing as all the turbo related sensors,and hoses were replaced with new when the new turbo was fitted I am at a bit of an impasse...the only ''unknown'' is the red dot map.

when I say unknown what I mean is its not the same map as on Damien's car. so the only way for me to get a straight forward comparison is to load Damien's map onto my car. I trust red dot's work but I need a direct comparison in order to progress.

so the plan is this.

down to AL south tomorrow where Loz will re-check all the work done and make sure nothing silly is going on.if no physical reason for the late boost is discovered then it will be on with Autolusso duplicate map from Damien's car.

same turbo spec+ same map should = the same response.

if it doesn't then we can be sure that its the turbo that is at fault.

turbo dynamics make a lot of turbo's and are confident in the work they have done stating that generally when things go wrong is is down to something else, some disturbed hoses or a sensor fitted wrongly or indeed the wrong spec sensor or that the turbo was damaged during fitting.

to this end I will get loz to fit a Genuine Alfa maf and map as a ''control group'' (although all mine are genuine Bosch one with the same part number) Tom's logic s that if I am prepared to accept a brand new turbo can be faulty then I have to also accept that it could equally be a faulty new maf or map sensor or that the VNT actuator is not moving freely.

I can't really argue with that logic and its easier to rule them out with temporary replacements than to go down the route of taking the turbo off the car and it makes sense to do this first as its much cheaper.

can you imagine how I would feel if after removing it, re -fitting it and finding myself in the same situation again it then turned out to be a faulty new MAF from eurocarparts....

so that's the situation as it stand's whatever way you look at it it's more expense for me....I just could live with it and maybe fit the stainless steel turbo pipes from Italy to further reduce the lag.

however it has to be said 177 BHP and 267.4 ft -Lb before the red dot map is disappointing fro the new hybrid even though it just had AL's 180 map. there SHOULD have been some improvement. i think the midrange was much punchier and that was what I assumed would be be extended across the entire rev range when it was mapped.

sadly not..!

if you look pre and post map the curve is identical implying that the power train for some reason is not responding to the altered fueling in the way it should.

if i didn't know better and I saw this curve on another car I would diagnose maf or VNT as all the power comes in after 2300 k.....

post red dot map a peak figure of 196.4 and torque of 314.1 ft-Lb is disappointingly low for a car with a brand new hybrid turbo a de-cat down pipe and a custom map. its not the peak figures that I am annoyed about its the not very broad or flat curve and the late boost.

there are standard cars pushing that out all day long with no mods and a stock turbo.

It SHOULD be better for the money I have spent.

on the left is after red dot map...both are with hybrid...on the right is AL map that had previously been on the car with the standard turbo for 30k...must say this map with the standard turbo was not at all laggy,pulled fom 1500 rpm and was much freer in its response...I think the peak power was higher as well but must admit that is just ''butt dyno''

the car was much more fun to drive though as all the gears felt linked up.

it now feels like 1 and 2 are separate...and requires a lot of gear and right foot work to keep it on boost. in fact i have generally been selecting a gear lower than i would normally to keep the revs up an the car on boost.

its early days but fuel economy looks as though it is suffering.

thoughts on a postcard please gents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160222_155132.jpg (97.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20160222_155119.jpg (58.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by joeymannero; 22-02-16 at 16:46.
AO Member

County: Timiș

Member car:

156 8v

Fixed boot light in my 156 by drowning the switch in contact cleaner, then some wd40 and a lot more contact cleaner again.
Then fitted a new (well, used) button on the parking brake lever, as mine had been cracked and disgusting since I got the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buton-frână-de-mână.jpg (118.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by sneaker; 22-02-16 at 17:40. Reason: Just realised there's a huge dialogue going on in here, sorry for bulging in :))
AO Member

Member car:

GT 1.9 16v

Here's what I did today! Went to check the tracking.... massively out!! Think further investigation might be needed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160222_153707_1456163030472.jpg (41.9 KB, 18 views)
_The_Editor_ likes this.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGTV View Post
Here's what I did today! Went to check the tracking.... massively out!! Think further investigation might be needed!
Had mine done at the weekend..

Had negative toe angles on both rear tyres (about -1.2 mm on each side), causing the inside shoulders to get shredded up!

Just replaced the faulty LED sidelight on the drivers side... A single SMD on the cluster had failed... it was kinda flickering, but that was enough to cause an annoying bulb out error message on the dash... Replaced that in about 5 mins (flexible monkey hands!), and no more dash error!

Last edited by _The_Editor_; 26-02-16 at 09:24.
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
I sold the 147! Though not before giving it a good once over for the new owner, Italian bloke called Andrea from Sardinia and it's his first Alfa!

Genuinely sad to see it go, even though it was 'only' a 8v Turismo, it was my first car I couldn't keep it though, with the GT on the drive and my Qashqai company car it was just costing me money sat there.

Question is now, do I put the money into making the GT as good as it can be or bite the bullet and look for a 147 GTA...?
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Mid week, cold air, sun shining, so I decided to go out for a joy ride, just to lift my spirits....
"Cars As Therapy" a new business venture who's in?
sneaker likes this.
(Post Link) post #2017 of 2909 Old 24-02-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

[QUOTE=joeymannero;14398809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post

well,

had a chat with Tom this morning and predictably this is the position.

whilst he accepted its ''possible'' the VNT actuation could be incorrectly adjusted he said its unlikely, and either way the cost of removing and re-fitting the turbo will be ''down to me'' although they are ''happy to test it again''

now seeing as all the turbo related sensors,and hoses were replaced with new when the new turbo was fitted I am at a bit of an impasse...the only ''unknown'' is the red dot map.

when I say unknown what I mean is its not the same map as on Damien's car. so the only way for me to get a straight forward comparison is to load Damien's map onto my car. I trust red dot's work but I need a direct comparison in order to progress.

so the plan is this.

down to AL south tomorrow where Loz will re-check all the work done and make sure nothing silly is going on.if no physical reason for the late boost is discovered then it will be on with Autolusso duplicate map from Damien's car.

same turbo spec+ same map should = the same response.

if it doesn't then we can be sure that its the turbo that is at fault.

turbo dynamics make a lot of turbo's and are confident in the work they have done stating that generally when things go wrong is is down to something else, some disturbed hoses or a sensor fitted wrongly or indeed the wrong spec sensor or that the turbo was damaged during fitting.

to this end I will get loz to fit a Genuine Alfa maf and map as a ''control group'' (although all mine are genuine Bosch one with the same part number) Tom's logic s that if I am prepared to accept a brand new turbo can be faulty then I have to also accept that it could equally be a faulty new maf or map sensor or that the VNT actuator is not moving freely.

I can't really argue with that logic and its easier to rule them out with temporary replacements than to go down the route of taking the turbo off the car and it makes sense to do this first as its much cheaper.

can you imagine how I would feel if after removing it, re -fitting it and finding myself in the same situation again it then turned out to be a faulty new MAF from eurocarparts....

so that's the situation as it stand's whatever way you look at it it's more expense for me....I just could live with it and maybe fit the stainless steel turbo pipes from Italy to further reduce the lag.

however it has to be said 177 BHP and 267.4 ft -Lb before the red dot map is disappointing fro the new hybrid even though it just had AL's 180 map. there SHOULD have been some improvement. i think the midrange was much punchier and that was what I assumed would be be extended across the entire rev range when it was mapped.

sadly not..!

if you look pre and post map the curve is identical implying that the power train for some reason is not responding to the altered fueling in the way it should.

if i didn't know better and I saw this curve on another car I would diagnose maf or VNT as all the power comes in after 2300 k.....

post red dot map a peak figure of 196.4 and torque of 314.1 ft-Lb is disappointingly low for a car with a brand new hybrid turbo a de-cat down pipe and a custom map. its not the peak figures that I am annoyed about its the not very broad or flat curve and the late boost.

there are standard cars pushing that out all day long with no mods and a stock turbo.

It SHOULD be better for the money I have spent.

on the left is after red dot map...both are with hybrid...on the right is AL map that had previously been on the car with the standard turbo for 30k...must say this map with the standard turbo was not at all laggy,pulled fom 1500 rpm and was much freer in its response...I think the peak power was higher as well but must admit that is just ''butt dyno''

the car was much more fun to drive though as all the gears felt linked up.

it now feels like 1 and 2 are separate...and requires a lot of gear and right foot work to keep it on boost. in fact i have generally been selecting a gear lower than i would normally to keep the revs up an the car on boost.

its early days but fuel economy looks as though it is suffering.

thoughts on a postcard please gents.

Can you possibly get the previous Autolusso map up to have a comparison. So having been out in my GT with what should be the same setup bar injectors, fuel pump and exhaust and fmic. We should be give or take experiencing the same power onset? I had a think about what you said about on off power, i do get an extra boost of power just before 3k but she pulls like a freight train to the red line. So much the stage 1 clutch cannot cope with the power. But also is no way laggy and difficult to drive at lower speeds? What percent is the map sensor at? What psi is she putting out? Does she hit an early rev limit barrier?

Damien.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
AO Silver Member

[QUOTE=ALFADOIT;14409961]
Quote:

Can you possibly get the previous Autolusso map up to have a comparison. So having been out in my GT with what should be the same setup bar injectors, fuel pump and exhaust and fmic. We should be give or take experiencing the same power onset? I had a think about what you said about on off power, i do get an extra boost of power just before 3k but she pulls like a freight train to the red line. So much the stage 1 clutch cannot cope with the power. But also is no way laggy and difficult to drive at lower speeds? What percent is the map sensor at? What psi is she putting out? Does she hit an early rev limit barrier?

Damien.
the autolusso map is there....

its the one with 177 bhp and 214 ft lb of torque.

it is difficult to drive at lower speeds.

Loz ,Linford,and paul have all been out in it and are ''underwhelmed''

just drove back from bristol and in the dark i can see the car IS smoking loads, it putting out a steady stream of haze under load....

this is looking more and more like turbo actuator the further we go.

can't answer any of your questions until Tues when Ned will have a look at the red dot map and get some live telemetry, Ned is being very helpful and between Loz ,Ned and Tom i am sure we will get the car right.

however from my point of view the problems started when the new turbo went on and we have all but ruled out all of the physical reasons why it would run as it is.

we are now down to the map.

I am pretty confident its not that TBH as i can't imagine red dot messing it up and the turbo has under performed since being fitted.

no joy on Tues and its coming off the car and going back to to TD.
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

Replaced the thermostat on my GT 3.2 and sensor, running nice again now. Oh, and I sold my XKR 😒
(Post Link) post #2020 of 2909 Old 24-02-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

[QUOTE=joeymannero;14410217]
Quote:

the autolusso map is there....

its the one with 177 bhp and 214 ft lb of torque.

it is difficult to drive at lower speeds.

Loz ,Linford,and paul have all been out in it and are ''underwhelmed''

just drove back from bristol and in the dark i can see the car IS smoking loads, it putting out a steady stream of haze under load....

this is looking more and more like turbo actuator the further we go.

can't answer any of your questions until Tues when Ned will have a look at the red dot map and get some live telemetry, Ned is being very helpful and between Loz ,Ned and Tom i am sure we will get the car right.

however from my point of view the problems started when the new turbo went on and we have all but ruled out all of the physical reasons why it would run as it is.

we are now down to the map.

I am pretty confident its not that TBH as i can't imagine red dot messing it up and the turbo has under performed since being fitted.

no joy on Tues and its coming off the car and going back to to TD.
I think my Autolusso map will improve matters. Smoking is safety Joe. I'd be more worried if she wasn't. You can alter the smoke filter settings, but Red dot should have known this.
Wayne will have a good look at her, you will know what's going on soon. Just doubting the capability of Red dot at the moment. But will hold my views till Wayne has a look at what is going on, and what psi she is putting out and at what percent your Map sensor is at. Really look forward to seeing what is going on.

Damien.
AO Silver Member

[QUOTE=ALFADOIT;14410289]
Quote:

I think my Autolusso map will improve matters. Smoking is safety Joe. I'd be more worried if she wasn't. You can alter the smoke filter settings, but Red dot should have known this.
Wayne will have a good look at her, you will know what's going on soon. Just doubting the capability of Red dot at the moment. But will hold my views till Wayne has a look at what is going on, and what psi she is putting out and at what percent your Map sensor is at. Really look forward to seeing what is going on.

Damien.
me too!

just having a clear indication of whats going on will be great.

I am more than happy to eat humble pie in the event that its not the Turbo but the map. that would be the best case scenario to be honest, as it is the easiest and cheapest thing to fix...

will update when i have been over to Ned.

cheers

Joe
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage
Fitted door handle and had her serviced and MOT'd yesterday. Everything is peachy and no advisories Only problem I have is front ARB is knackered....or at least bushes are. Not worth fixing until I get the Eibach set. Every time I intend to order them, another financial setback rears its ugly head.....but such is life. Took advantage of the decent weather today and got busy with a bottle of black t-cut and some super resin polish. Best she's looked since owning her.
Also been in touch with Wizard who, although don't currently have a system for the 147, have said they are able to make a one off cat back system for me. So I'll be confirming a date around April/May hopefully.
ALFADOIT likes this.

SO MANY ROADS

County: -

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

Mine's Alfa 147, I've been reading here in this thread here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...for-147-a.html (recommended tyres for 147)
Dunlop Direzza are said to be best tyres for Alfa, I'm from Australia, so I'm trying to find one, I looked up on this site https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyres/br.../direzza-dz102 but Im still looking checking out other brands like Goodyear or Pirelli..still depending on the price though, I'm quite considering the budget $$$$

Last edited by ivsmik3; 11-04-16 at 06:52.
(Post Link) post #2024 of 2909 Old 26-02-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstcaralfa View Post
I sold the 147! Though not before giving it a good once over for the new owner, Italian bloke called Andrea from Sardinia and it's his first Alfa!

Genuinely sad to see it go, even though it was 'only' a 8v Turismo, it was my first car I couldn't keep it though, with the GT on the drive and my Qashqai company car it was just costing me money sat there.

Question is now, do I put the money into making the GT as good as it can be or bite the bullet and look for a 147 GTA...?
You fitted uprated ARB's yet or a set of quality coilover units?

Damien.
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Quote:
You fitted uprated ARB's yet or a set of quality coilover units?

Damien.
I'll be honest it's not been used massively at all! I can't part with it though, but not the 147 has gone I think it makes sense to sort this out.

It has been polybushed. Suspension if I do it would be a complete overhaul in one, much better that way I think. Then it's the choice of what to put on!

Premium service with cam belt etc will be done in next few weeks at Autolusso, the bent sill will be sorted and the alloys refurbed.

I like the GT for its understated-ness and it never fails to put a smile on my face when I take it out. With it being a few hundred miles off 100k, do I just put money into it and keep it for a long, long time? I'm leaning this way I think as the clutch was done along with oil cooler pipes and scorpion not so long ago.

But then the other option is to sell to someone, and invest in a lowish mileage GTA.

Decisions, decisions.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today