What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 73 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
I was thinking about my short shifter this evening on my drive home...

Gotten completely used to the new shorter throw, couldn't imagine it being longer any more... In fact I could go shorter again

Lovely piece of kit, really complements the driving experience!
It doesn't feel like a 'mod' to me. It feels factory, and that's the biggest compliment I can give it. Can't wait to try it out properly over Christmas
ALFADOIT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: -
Hi, I just put led indicators with running lights into a gta style front bumper on my 147 tspark, I've opened the loom but am not sure which wire to splice into to connect the running light to the side lights? Any advice....
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage

Member car:

Mito Cloverleaf

Put my Christmas present to good use
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1451254084274.jpg (93.1 KB, 23 views)
edraven71 likes this.
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs93 View Post
Put my Christmas present to good use
Mmmmmmmmmm, an iced 147, very festive.
Mav666 likes this.
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Garage
Well today , I've been poking around the crankcase breather hoses to see it that is where a strange smell is coming from. Not sure if I've fixed it but time will tell.

Re-fitted the freshly charged battery as the car was cranking a little slower than normal, better now.

Finally a quick wash as it was pretty filthy.
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage
Today I installed a new head unit with Apple car play. Nice to have lovely touch screen double din system and it certainly gives the interior a modern clean look.

Carplay works well too. No need to buy a sat nav now..

County: Cork
Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Anyone got any nominations for the AO Car Of The Year 2015, more info & rules here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gener...on-thread.html (AO Car Of The Year 2015: The Nomination Thread)

And remember you can't nominate yourself

Any more nominations before the end of the month ?
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage

Member car:

Mito Cloverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs93 View Post
Put my Christmas present to good use http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Mmmmmmmmmm, an iced 147, very festive.
It seems it's the closest were going to get to having some real snow this winter!
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Took the sandpaper to the rear bumper to wage war with the scuffs that I totally didn't put there, when I totally didn't reverse into the garage wall....

A little before/after shot below of the same area... Really happy with how it turned out! It ain't perfect, but it's a darn-site better than it was

More details can be found here: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...l#post14147921 (Bumper scuffs - easy to fix?)

OH - and I fiddled about with the passengers side slam-panel position and got the door to line up better with the bodywork

Miles away from the position indicator marks, which I guess are more for reference and actual positioning... Looks much nicer in the door mirror now - one less thing to bother me whilst bombing up/down the motorway!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Polish 2.jpg (37.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Before 2.jpg (40.1 KB, 26 views)

AO Gold Member

County: Berkshire
Washed on Monday morning (good weather) and yesterday morning she said 'it wasn't enough' and didn't start. Had to treat her with a new battery.
(Post Link) post #1811 of 2909 Old 31-12-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Well finally after getting home after my Christmas work trip, I could get stuck into a few jobs i have been wanting to do to my GT.

Firstly i managed to plumb the crankcase breather fumes into my new Evap valve. I picked this up from the usa a little while ago. Ryan at wizard kindly integrated into my mid down pipe. So now the fumes are going straight out the exhaust happy days.

Second i fitted my new Cobalt carbon fibre splitter. No easy task, but with a bit of patience and trial and error, taping up and measuring i got it spot on and bolted on.
I definitely need to raise the front coils a tad now the splitter is fitted. A small price to pay for the new look of the front of the car. I am very happy with the results. Looks a little 156 GTA esk now..lol. I know there will be haters of this but hell i like it, gives the car a bit of individuality. Not to mention scooping up some air into the FMIC..

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6058c4e6-2636-4680-b047-bcee964f675c_zpsxzprxrpe.jpg (129.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2375.jpg (73.9 KB, 20 views)
warniegt and Neddyboy like this.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
AO Member

County: -
Fixed the infamous broken door hinge for the 147. Bought the part and was quite surprised a few cars shared it including the Fiat 500.

I have made a door hinge replacement fix video as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuLDMqSCmqc
AO Member

County: West Cumbria
Garage
After last nights trip to Carlisle for New Year managed to clock up 1000 miles in 8 days of ownership of the GT
AO Member

County: Carmarthenshire
Garage
well after a prang and being on a budget my bella met her new matt black bonnet today.. First phase done, next is a small crack in her bumper that opened up when I accidentally parked her front end under a 4x4's hard wheel cover (hence the new bonnet as mine had a crumple in it). So Bella is getting a new look. Not for everyone so go easy on me. Some mechanics to be done soon and then black rims.
(Post Link) post #1815 of 2909 Old 01-01-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by warniegt View Post
It doesn't feel like a 'mod' to me. It feels factory, and that's the biggest compliment I can give it. Can't wait to try it out properly over Christmas
Couldn't agree more lads, its an awesome mod...Seems like the car has gotten used to it too? Juts adds to the whole driving enjoyment. Could never go back to that row the boat oem shift again..

Damien.
AO Member

County: essex

Member car:

147 1.6 ts

I got rid of the old gold badges and fitted new silver ones......sexy time
(Post Link) post #1817 of 2909 Old 02-01-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyandgriss View Post
I got rid of the old gold badges and fitted new silver ones......sexy time
Pictures or it never happened!!!

Damien.
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

What have I done to my GT today? Tried to turn it into a fish tank.

I discovered this morning that I'd somehow managed to open both front windows fully sometime overnight. Key in trouser pocket probably sat on it or something. Well we had rain all night so the front seats are pretty wet (they're the Alfatex ones so hopefully no long term damage). I've given them and the dash and doors a wipe over with towels and microfibre and I've put a dehumidifier inside hopefully it will dry out eventually. I'll need to use seat pads if I do any journeys in the next couple of days. (It never rains around here - it just comes pouring down)
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb.gt View Post
What have I done to my GT today? Tried to turn it into a fish tank.

I discovered this morning that I'd somehow managed to open both front windows fully sometime overnight. Key in trouser pocket probably sat on it or something. Well we had rain all night so the front seats are pretty wet (they're the Alfatex ones so hopefully no long term damage). I've given them and the dash and doors a wipe over with towels and microfibre and I've put a dehumidifier inside hopefully it will dry out eventually. I'll need to use seat pads if I do any journeys in the next couple of days. (It never rains around here - it just comes pouring down)
Ah ****, tough luck

If it were me, I'd get the carpet up ASAP and let it dry out underneath thoroughly.. Last thing you want is rust setting in then the floor rotting out from the inside out!
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Thanks editor good call - I will at least take the mats out to see how wet it is under there - maybe I'll look deeper when it finally stops raining for a couple of hours.
AO Member

County: Halland
Garage
Made a giulia style rear spoler lip for the gt out of an old e46 one that I had around, havent decided on the color yet, might be putting cf wrap on it.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451753559.201773.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451753576.210292.jpg
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Well finally after getting home after my Christmas work trip, I could get stuck into a few jobs i have been wanting to do to my GT.

Firstly i managed to plumb the crankcase breather fumes into my new Evap valve. I picked this up from the usa a little while ago. Ryan at wizard kindly integrated into my mid down pipe. So now the fumes are going straight out the exhaust happy days.

Second i fitted my new Cobalt carbon fibre splitter. No easy task, but with a bit of patience and trial and error, taping up and measuring i got it spot on and bolted on.

I definitely need to raise the front coils a tad now the splitter is fitted. A small price to pay for the new look of the front of the car. I am very happy with the results. Looks a little 156 GTA esk now..lol. I know there will be haters of this but hell i like it, gives the car a bit of individuality. Not to mention scooping up some air into the FMIC..

Damien.

I love the cobalt front splitter except for one small little thing, that it sticks out on the sides aswell.. But overall it makes for a better and much more agressive look, im personally gonna go for the cheaper option and put the cupra splitter, found a pic on google with one on.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451755640.462817.jpg
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzabara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post

Damien.

I love the cobalt front splitter except for one small little thing, that it sticks out on the sides aswell.. But overall it makes for a better and much more agressive look, im personally gonna go for the cheaper option and put the cupra splitter, found a pic on google with one on.. [iurl="http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=595481&d=1451755638"]http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/attac...&stc=1&thumb=1[/iurl]
I think that looks awesome, I would worry about clearance though especially as my work place is riddled with speed humps my GT already scrapes over.
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic2115 View Post
I think that looks awesome, I would worry about clearance though especially as my work place is riddled with speed humps my GT already scrapes over.

Are you on stock suspension or aftermarket?
Personally I havent had any issues with scraping, then again mine is on stock suspension and looks waaay to high with the multispoke 18s. I will be lowering it about 40mm and putting the cupra splitter on
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzabara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic2115 View Post

Are you on stock suspension or aftermarket?
Personally I havent had any issues with scraping, then again mine is on stock suspension and looks waaay to high with the multispoke 18s. I will be lowering it about 40mm and putting the cupra splitter on
Aftermarket, my stock failed on me :-(

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today