What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 67 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Northamptonshire
County: -UK
Posts: 16
Just fitted a Leon Cupra R front splitter to the 156, looks tidy and took just 20 mins
calistic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #1652 of 2910 Old 29-10-15 Thread Starter
Status: GT clover 170 Q2 called SOOTY.:-)
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
ALFADOIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,199
Images: 12

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Well fitted the newly covered wheel tonight, and gearknob top. Love the new interior look and feel.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new wheel.jpg (112.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg new knob.jpg (52.2 KB, 33 views)
edraven71, iandudley and Bazzabara like this.
ALFADOIT is offline  
Status: The Rosso twins are here!
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
edraven71's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 1612
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Tyne and Wear
Posts: 3,674
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Well fitted the newly covered wheel tonight, and gearknob top. Love the new interior look and feel.

Damien.
Looks very nice, no dirty hands allowed on that baby!
ALFADOIT likes this.
edraven71 is offline  
Status: The Rosso twins are here!
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
edraven71's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 1612
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Tyne and Wear
Posts: 3,674
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by calistic View Post
Just fitted a Leon Cupra R front splitter to the 156, looks tidy and took just 20 mins
Pics or it didn't happen
Bazzabara likes this.
edraven71 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: United Kingdom
County: UK
Posts: 36
Cheers for all the plastidip hints. I can't really do my 147 as it is boring black, but we have a blue 2002 vw polo that we are gonna drive to Mongolia for the Mongol Rally in July and I wanna beef it up a bit with spray paint.
Bazzabara likes this.
james6546 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Simon_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 78

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Replaced the door check straps on both sides of my GT. 34 a side from Alfaworkshop. Took about half an hour a side and has made a great difference. Gives the whole car a newer and less worn feel. Service and MOT next week. Love this car!
ALFADOIT and baxter2308 like this.
Simon_GT is offline  
Status: Tin worm attack ... ARGHH!
AO Gold Member
 
gazza82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United Kingdom
County: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 8,322
Images: 12
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza82 View Post
Need to get under the bonnet this weekend to see if I can finally get the bolt out holding the intake to the inlet on my TS (cam belt end). If I had a lift or pit I might be able to see if from underneath .. I doubt it given the power-steering pump and alternator is in direct line .. but a couple of axles stands ain't that clever!

Going to try a cut-down box wrench ...
Tried the cut down box wrench idea ... nope! But finally the little bar-steward is out ... I tried everything from small 1/4" socket and ratchet to joining every socket extension I own to one another and trying from below ... and it still would not loosen.

So I gave up with that while I had a re-think and removed the aux belt and upper timing belt cover. And then prepared some silicon hose lengths for the oil filter heat-exchanger .... now I need some larger hose clips as the originals are too small (16mm reinforced silicon needs 25mm clips! )

Then I realised I now had a bit more room from the belt side and tried again with my flexi-ratchet and ... started it .. then took what seemed an age to move it one click at a time, one twisting the bolt with two fingers a bit each time ... so that's out! Relief (until I have to put the bu**er back!)

So took the cam covers off and cleaned out the tops of the head bolts ...

Now my bl**dy 13MM Ribe DOESN'T FIT!!! I asked three people who all said 13mm was the right size but it looks like I'm going to need an M12 now!

So gave up for today after about three hours of abuse and expletives. Will get the balance and timing belts off next. Then put the cam locks on, etc.

Anyway the plan will be to remove the head with the alloy inlet manifold attached, because you can't get at at least one nut, and leaving the plastic intake in the car ...

I don't fancy trying to take the intake off and trying to (a) remove the two bolts underneath and (b) getting them back in again!

Something tells me I should NOT have attempted this and gave it to someone else to do ... and take the hit in my wallet! Might get the car back on the road by xmas at this rate .... it's one hurdle after the next ...

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.
gazza82 is online now  
Status: Why bother with 3 cylinders when 6 will do?
AO Silver Member
 
Mymatemarmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza82 View Post
Tried the cut down box wrench idea ... nope! But finally the little bar-steward is out ... I tried everything from small 1/4" socket and ratchet to joining every socket extension I own to one another and trying from below ... and it still would not loosen.

So I gave up with that while I had a re-think and removed the aux belt and upper timing belt cover. And then prepared some silicon hose lengths for the oil filter heat-exchanger .... now I need some larger hose clips as the originals are too small (16mm reinforced silicon needs 25mm clips! )

Then I realised I now had a bit more room from the belt side and tried again with my flexi-ratchet and ... started it .. then took what seemed an age to move it one click at a time, one twisting the bolt with two fingers a bit each time ... so that's out! Relief (until I have to put the bu**er back!)

So took the cam covers off and cleaned out the tops of the head bolts ...

Now my bl**dy 13MM Ribe DOESN'T FIT!!! I asked three people who all said 13mm was the right size but it looks like I'm going to need an M12 now!

So gave up for today after about three hours of abuse and expletives. Will get the balance and timing belts off next. Then put the cam locks on, etc.

Anyway the plan will be to remove the head with the alloy inlet manifold attached, because you can't get at at least one nut, and leaving the plastic intake in the car ...

I don't fancy trying to take the intake off and trying to (a) remove the two bolts underneath and (b) getting them back in again!

Something tells me I should NOT have attempted this and gave it to someone else to do ... and take the hit in my wallet! Might get the car back on the road by xmas at this rate .... it's one hurdle after the next ...
Full marks for your perseverance! I think sometimes you get to a point with a job where you just think 'sod it, I'm beyond the point of no return' and a second wind kicks in and on you go.
imski likes this.
Mymatemarmite is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,233
Fitted new pedal rubbers (cheers Phil!), polished up the metal pedal treads, cleaned/polished the exhaust tips (Autosol to the rescue!), washed it, Clayed it, Cherry Glazed it

I'm pooped!

Time to bid on a tool chest on eBay now
ALFADOIT and Simon_GT like this.
_The_Editor_ is offline  
Status: Spanner wary
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Spain
County: Malaga
Posts: 303

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.9jtd

Got the mrs 147 TI's wheels repaired/refurbished/balanced and alignment done.
There was already some vibration at higher speeds so I was looking into getting this done and then she lost control and hit a very high curb the other day.
I guess better while I was looking into having it done than just after having it done.

At least that made it urgent and got the job done.
Car drives better than ever.
edraven71 likes this.
imski is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Simon_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 78

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Full annual service and MOT for the GT. Passed with no advisories. Happy days.
edraven71 likes this.
Simon_GT is offline  
(Post Link) post #1662 of 2910 Old 05-11-15 Thread Starter
Status: GT clover 170 Q2 called SOOTY.:-)
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
ALFADOIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,199
Images: 12

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Went to Autolusso to have an engine light investigated. After careful investigation by Top techie Wayne, we found it to be the smoke filter setting was a tad high. we adjusted it last time and the ecu didn't like it. Big thanks to Wayne as he really spent time on my car diagnosing the fault which was a code rarely seen before. Anyhow all sorted now. Also had a red poly exhaust hangers fitted to my wizard, yes i am a tart..lol.. Had a good chat with Ned.. He has a beautiful new red 156 GTA saloon that he is putting his 3.8 busso into from his deceased "gone but never forgotten" 156 estate. The GTA is the actual car that was tested on Top gear years ago.. Red GTA saloon in alfa red with a 3.8 conversion and sequential box ...Perfection..

Had an awesome drive home in my GT. Man and machine were completely one, i just feel so connected to this car, and cannot get enough of driving her. It never ceases to bring a smile to my face, and astound me, in every way, handling, power and the way it communicates back to me. I am really enjoying what this GT has become now. It's so far removed, from the standard car i collected from veloces a few years ago.

While my car was in the workshop i managed to buy a few little parts from the breakers section of Autolusso. 2 mint rear light units and 2 door strikers. The taillights are to be professionally tinted darker red and the strikers are to be chrome plated. They will look striking against my black paint.. No pun intended.. All in the details..

Damien.
Simon_GT likes this.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
ALFADOIT is offline  
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 75,171
Images: 20
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Had a good chat with Ned.. He has a beautiful new red 156 GTA saloon that he is putting his 3.8 busso into from his deceased "gone but never forgotten" 156 estate. The GTA is the actual car that was tested on Top gear years ago.. Red GTA saloon in alfa red with a 3.8 conversion and sequential box ...Perfection..
There's a build thread for that http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...ld-thread.html (Autolusso RE02 EKP Build Thread)
Autolusso and ALFADOIT like this.
David P is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,457
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

I'm probably going to sell mine.
Wezley is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: United Kingdom
County: UK
Posts: 36
Got 2 new tyres on Tues (which cost 70 each, compared to 180 on my last car)

Then it had it's MOT yesterday which it had no advisories for. Good times
Simon_GT likes this.
james6546 is offline  
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 75,171
Images: 20
Garage
Took some photos of Blueee for the AO Photo Challenge http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motor...ge-thread.html

More participants required
David P is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Jiberson1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,591
Images: 1
Took my GT for an mot, another years driving safe now!
Wezley, edraven71 and Simon_GT like this.
Jiberson1 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Simon_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 78

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Took some photos of Blueee for the AO Photo Challenge http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motor...ge-thread.html

More participants required
Just cleaned mine and it's started ****ing down straight away. Will enter that comp one day.
Simon_GT is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 474

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Put cataclean in it and used saddle soap on the leather. Leather is now nice and matt as it should be. Don't know weather the cataclean has done anything as I haven't drove it for nearly 2 weeks so was grinning like a Cheshire cat in any case.

Love this car so much, seem to be driving everywhere in the higher rev range with just a tad of throttle letting it build up slowly. The noise is just epic.
Simon_GT likes this.
warniegt is offline  
Status: Alfisti
AO Member
 
Tarnish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Durham
Posts: 212
Images: 6
I had a split in a turbo hose so took the opportunity to replace both with silcone types. Decided on ones from Autolusso. I wasn't brave enough to order blue, went for black, but blue got delivered.
I didn't want to faff about so got them fitted anyway, and happy with the resultant look
(sorry about the state of the engine bay)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0605a.jpg (136.3 KB, 16 views)
Tarnish3 is offline  
(Post Link) post #1671 of 2910 Old 09-11-15 Thread Starter
Status: GT clover 170 Q2 called SOOTY.:-)
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
ALFADOIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,199
Images: 12

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Fitted a gorgeous twin genuine carbon fibre splitter set to the girlfriends Pug RCZ, looks awesome. Got me thinking about the cobalt splitter for the GT..Would scoop some serious air into my FMIC..

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cobalt kit.jpg (166.8 KB, 17 views)
Simon_GT likes this.
ALFADOIT is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Pule GT V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: South Africa
County: Gauteng
Posts: 33
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Fitted a gorgeous twin genuine carbon fibre splitter set to the girlfriends Pug RCZ, looks awesome. Got me thinking about the cobalt splitter for the GT..Would scoop some serious air into my FMIC..

Damien.
Were can i get one for my GT>>?
Pule GT V6 is offline  
Status: Alive
AO Silver Member
 
Paddy OPlastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 4,103

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Drove my boy to school in the drizzle. Lovely.

I have noticed the boot light started working again but the tilt sensor stopped. The Alfa god giveth and he taketh away.
ALFADOIT likes this.
Paddy OPlastic is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,457
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy OPlastic View Post
Drove my boy to school in the drizzle. Lovely.

I have noticed the boot light started working again ....The Alfa god giveth and he taketh away.
Boot light just started working on mine a few months back. It was a relief because I had a screwdriver I could wedge in the latch to switch the light on. I could never find the feckin screwdriver in the dark....
Wezley is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
County: -
Posts: 38
Drove my new GT for the first time

I picked up my new 07 GT today and registered here

Taking it to the local Alfa dealer for a quick 'health check' tomorrow and then spending the next few days recovering from the shock of what work probably needs doing to it!

But I hope to be a regular here now I'm officially all Alfa'd up!
hunty is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome