What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 62 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1175Likes

AO Trader

County: -

Member car:

GT Blackline

Sorted (hopefully....)

I sussed it was definitely the hatch, as the rattle/squeak would stop if I cornered hard enough. So last night, I got the silicone spray out and armed with a cloth, I rubbed down the rubber seal and the surface of the hatch that it touches.

I also sprayed the hinges and also the little rubber blocks that support the hinge arms (which is where I think the noise was actually coming from)

I checked where the glass seal touches the bodywork and there was hardly any marking of the bodywork, so I don't believe that was the culprit.

The result? On this morning's commute, I can now hear all the other little squeaks and rattles that were being drowned out by the (now silent) hatch.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
would be best to have a thread for each model, imo...
AO Silver Member

County: Cork

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelO View Post
The result? On this morning's commute, I can now hear all the other little squeaks and rattles that were being drowned out by the (now silent) hatch.....
That's what the radio is for.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancaster

Member car:

147 & GQV

Booked in for the 147's mid life refresh.

(Post Link) post #1530 of 2917 Old 24-09-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

My new wizard rear section, waiting for me at Autolusso for fitting tomorrow. Cheers to Dan, looks a work of art, and to Ned for the teaser pics.

Happy days.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wizard 1.jpg (105.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Wizard 2.jpg (120.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by ALFADOIT; 27-09-15 at 15:33.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
My new wizard rear section, waiting for me at Autolusso for fitting tomorrow. Cheers to Dan, looks a work of art, and to Ned for the teaser pics.

Happy days.

Damien.
Looks nice that does
You gonna be running with no silencers?
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Another oil change today!

First time I've not either dropped the sump plug or a spanner in my oil drain pan too

Got it down to a fine art now... Biggest time consumer is jacking and placing the stands... Might invest in some ramps so I can do it even quicker/easier!

Got stuck whilst attempting to fit the decat downpipe though

All nuts/bolts were slackening off nicely, and then I noticed the fixings on the old piece and new bit were slightly different.. Would only need a couple of bolts to poke through and secure, but as I didn't have any I had to do it all back up!

At least now I know it'll be a quick job next time... All the nuts cracked easily and had a good bath in WD40!

EDIT:

Just had word back from Dan, nuts/bolts/washers are on the way! Cheers Wizard
ALFADOIT likes this.

Last edited by _The_Editor_; 26-09-15 at 10:49.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

A local old timer reversed into the front yesterday right in front of us. I suspect he never even noticed. A few new nicks and scratches in the bumper.

County: -Wales
Garage
Got my GT 2.0 this week and loving it.
Have ordered new carpet mats which should arrive next week.
Gave the engine a once over everything is all good.
Stripped the sound system from my old car, looking up the best way to install into the Alfa.
Have also been looking into getting an induction kit to improve the airflow, the exhaust has already been done, after that it will off to get the engine remapped.
Started noting down all the cosmetic damage, nothing too noticeable from a distance but gonna look for quotes to get it repaired, am considering a complete respray to a pearlescent black/blue.
Went for a drive around the Wye valley couldn't stop smiling
ALFADOIT, Wezley and Simon_GT like this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by triphazard85 View Post
Stripped the sound system from my old car, looking up the best way to install into the Alfa.
Have also been looking into getting an induction kit to improve the airflow, the exhaust has already been done, after that it will off to get the engine remapped.
Started noting down all the cosmetic damage, nothing too noticeable from a distance but gonna look for quotes to get it repaired, am considering a complete respray to a pearlescent black/blue.
Enjoy
triphazard85 likes this.
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by triphazard85 View Post
Love the 2.0. Have fun!
triphazard85 likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

New alternator in my JTS plus 2 new coils. Alternator bearing was making an annoying whine and the car started to misfire and pink (bizarrely). Should be ready tomorrow. I'll have a lighter wallet as well.
triphazard85 likes this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Replaced front drop links today. I'll do the rear later in the week.
ALFADOIT likes this.
(Post Link) post #1539 of 2917 Old 27-09-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Picked up a late cloverleaf steering wheel with red stitching..So i can send mine away to be worked on. Doing it this way as my wheel has no red stitching.
Going for a full race Porsche GT3 style look. Full top quality alcantara..Cannot bloody wait to be honest. Will fit the new steering wheel to the car while mine is away. I like the idea of having a lovely oem red stitched item in my possession if i ever feel the need to swap back..

Also picked up a new maf side airbox part, to replace mine, which i found had a small hole in, which was metering un filtered air..

Damien.
triphazard85 likes this.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Also picked up a new maf side airbox part, to replace mine, which i found had a small hole in, which was metering un filtered air..

Damien.
Thought you were looking at a VTDA option? Or is this simply a stop-gap until you get the custom induction system you're after?
ALFADOIT likes this.
(Post Link) post #1541 of 2917 Old 27-09-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Thought you were looking at a VTDA option? Or is this simply a stop-gap until you get the custom induction system you're after?
Absolutely...Should be picking up the VTDA in the usa soon. But it will take a little bit of fettling to get fitted..With aspects such as directing cool air flow, and fitting a new internal K&N cone filter that will fit my maf. As the genuine one was designed to fit the audi 1.8t maf. All exciting stuff as i know it has a lovely induction growl when fitted. I had one on my last car putting out near 300bhp. Thing is, will i be able to hear it on the jtd? Will see. Its all developmental..

Ps..The_Editor do you have a name pal..lol

Damien.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Absolutely...Should be picking up the VTDA in the usa soon. But it will take a little bit of fettling to get fitted..With aspects such as directing cool air flow, and fitting a new internal K&N cone filter that will fit my maf. As the genuine one was designed to fit the audi 1.8t maf. All exciting stuff as i know it has a lovely induction growl when fitted. I had one on my last car putting out near 300bhp. Thing is, will i be able to hear it on the jtd? Will see. Its all developmental..

Ps..The_Editor do you have a name pal..lol

Damien.
Noice

Looking forward to seeing your update in the build thread! Nice knowing there's one mad person willing to try all these mods and feedback to the rest of us!

I'm especially keen to see/hear the results of this bonnet blanket! Anything that can deaden the clatter will get my attention!

Yea I got a name, you can call me Ed
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Fitted new richbrook chrome speed top gearknob. This has made a big difference to the interior as the old leather knob was really in a sorry state. This, along with getting by steering wheel back to looking matt as it originally was, instead of shiny and smooth, has made me feel a lot more positive about the interior.

Just a quick note about the fitting of the gear knob on a lift up reverse car. Many have said you need the grind away at the inside of the knob, so that the lift up reverse plastic err.. thing can slide inside. I had this problem but then found that the 3 grub screws need to be screwed in at exactly the same rate so the bottom part sits exactly centre. When this was done the bit slid right up....ooh err

3.2GT V6 - Gabbiano Blue - Jetfins - M-Tec Shortshifter - Wizard Cat Back - Rest standard
AO Silver Member

County: Kent

Member car:

147ts plus bits

Changed headlight lamps for two new ones as the pirate look doesn't suit the 147!
AO Silver Member

County: Kent

Member car:

147ts plus bits

Only to find I've put them in upside down. Drove to work in innit mode (foglights on).
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Only to find I've put them in upside down. Drove to work in innit mode (foglights on).
I don't understand how this is done... Isn't the metal retention collar keyed so it only fits in the correct way round?!?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
I don't understand how this is done... Isn't the metal retention collar keyed so it only fits in the correct way round?!?
different on the 147 than the GT?
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

147 1.9 JTDM 8V

Today she went in for Eibach prostreet coilover kit, ally under engine cover/guard and bi-zenon headlight conversion, yay been waiting a while to do this
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Continued preparing for the Eibach ARBs by fitting the metal Meyle drop links at the rear today. The old ones were really slack and I'm hoping that the back won't be so skittish now - I wanted to change them before the new ARB so I can properly gauge the difference. I had to cut off one of the original's bolts which was a faff. There's still a suspension clonk going on so I'm hoping the new ARBs and bushes will fix it. That's something I'll leave to my spanner man - should be on Monday.
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy OPlastic View Post
Continued preparing for the Eibach ARBs by fitting the metal Meyle drop links at the rear today. The old ones were really slack and I'm hoping that the back won't be so skittish now - I wanted to change them before the new ARB so I can properly gauge the difference. I had to cut off one of the original's bolts which was a faff. There's still a suspension clonk going on so I'm hoping the new ARBs and bushes will fix it. That's something I'll leave to my spanner man - should be on Monday.
I've had my Eibach ARB's on for a couple of weeks now and difference in longish high speed corners is great, the car feels really planted and the the fat 5 pot needs all the help it can get. The front strut brace helped a lot as well.
Paddy OPlastic likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today