Over the last couple of days I have been trying to give the 156 JTDm 20V a service. This is my first Alfa and my first diesel so I have been taking things pretty steady. So far the air filter and fuel filter are done. Air filter is in a slightly awkward place but sorted, fuel filter was pretty easy. The car felt much more responsive after replacing these two. Next up was oil, oil filer, EGR valve, and MAP sensor clean up. Oil all drained, no problem. Oil filter, what a complete t**t, ordered a new removal tool, should arrive today. EGR valve was not too bad, MAP sensor was hideously gunked up, both parts are now all cleaned up and will get refitted this morning. Fitted LED side light bulbs, they look pretty good and do not give bulb error.
Noticed both front tyres are wearing on the inside edge so will have to get alignment looked at very soon. Gave both front wheels a good clean and removed all previous balance weight adhesive remains.
Need to replace thermostat so had a good look at that while I had the battery out for the air filter change so have ordered a clic hose clip removal tool so that I can hopefully get the hoses off without too much of a struggle. Brake fluid needs a change as well so that is on the to do list.
One pleasant surprise was that when I went to remove the undertray, I found that a previous owner had fitted an aluminium one, which was nice so gave that and the engine cover a little clean down.
Well, I had better go and get on with it.