What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 52 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Fitted a CF2 manifold (at last been in my garage for 6 months) to get rid of swirl flaps, and also removed all the EGR pipework and finally fitted one of Joels straight through inlet pipes to drop the throttle body, driving amazingly now, can't believe how fast it gets through the revs.

Oh and found a split CV boot, probably from when I changed the suspension a few weeks ago so did that as well which wasn't on the to do list
ALFADOIT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
So another wrong window seal supplied by Autoglass for my GT today meant windscreen fitting is delayed till tomorrow.

Still gave me time to refurbish and plastic colour respray my windscreen cowling. Having a black car all the grey bits show up, and although the car is pampered, the plastic had began to look a little bit weather beaten. After a good rub down, and patient tactics to applying coats of the plastic black paint, all looked a lot better. Also bought some new screws and waterproof black caps to protect the 2 in view from the elements. Looking forward to seeing it fitted when the new screen is in.

Damien.
Where did you get these from, I bought some for a 156 years ago but cannot find them online now?
(Post Link) post #1278 of 2909 Old 03-07-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Where did you get these from, I bought some for a 156 years ago but cannot find them online now?
I went to homebase and matched the size with a quality item. Simple as that..

Damien.
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf SE

Fitted a new reverse switch which has cured the bloody beeper going off randomly .
(Post Link) post #1280 of 2909 Old 03-07-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Have done some serious chassis research..

Damien..
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Aircon regas = 50 well spent.

Pleased as I assumed the system was fooked as it was blowing hot air pretty much.
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Damien, what kind of paint did you use for the cowling? That's a job that would do wonders for mine!
AO Member

County: Kent-
Garage

Member car:

Gt JTD

Removed and cleaned both turbo hoses, throttle body and EGR valve. Throttle body was really gunked up.

But found a split on the flexi pipe from the MAF sensor
ALFADOIT likes this.
(Post Link) post #1284 of 2909 Old 05-07-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

[QUOTE=Firstcaralfa;13178626]Damien, what kind of paint did you use for the cowling? That's a job that would do wonders for mine![/QUOTE

No worries..I used mean machine black plastic paint. Works great. Just take your time and build up coats..

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mean black.jpg (6.8 KB, 129 views)
AO Member

County: Bristol
Fixed both the key fobs on my new 156 today! Surprisingly easy fault to fix after previous owner spent a fortune on trying and reprogramming different alarm receivers to no avail.
AO Member

County: Limassol
I managed to do the other half of the front pads over the weekend, releasing oil did the trick! also fitted a new rear window cable kit to the 159, bloody tight to get the cable over the guide wheel, had to use hands and feet all good now though, just the new thermostat to fit when I get a mo.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Dropped mine off with Pablo to get the front end resprayed, sick of looking at stone chips.
ALFADOIT and baxter2308 like this.
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Tried to clear the "headlamp washer" error message with MES - but it kept coming back.

It doesn't have any so maybe I'll have to get some fitted so I can clear the error
Wezley likes this.
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Finally fitted the new gasket to the throttle body after finishing engine detail 2 weeks ago, also fitted new fastener to the air intake just above the maf which broke.

Performance and running now back to where it should be, a lot more responsive.
(Post Link) post #1290 of 2909 Old 08-07-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Cleaned and detailed the girlfriends coupe.. Its comfortable, not german, elegant doesn't have squeaky brakes or wishbones..already talked her into a few mods ..

Ordered my GT's new front Ultra low designed 32 levels of adjustment body adjustable coilover units..Oh and my lovely Wizard exhaust system starts to be built very soon.

"My Eibach pro S coilovers will be for sale soon". Quality setup in excellent condition done less than 10k" Great deal for somebody. Contact me if you are interested.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Simba 1.jpg (111.3 KB, 5 views)
edraven71 likes this.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Cleaned and detailed the girlfriends coupe.. Its comfortable, not german, elegant doesn't have squeaky brakes or wishbones..already talked her into a few mods ..

Damien.
One of the few French cars I'll accept I like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb.gt View Post
Tried to clear the "headlamp washer" error message with MES - but it kept coming back.

It doesn't have any so maybe I'll have to get some fitted so I can clear the error
How odd. I half have them. My car is a CAT D (before my time) and did have headlamp washers. The kit is all there on the good side but on the repaired side it is not (shortcuts to keep down the cost?). They don't work at all (as in the good side) but I've never seen an error.
ALFADOIT likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Quote:

Ordered my GT's new front Ultra low designed 32 levels of adjustment body adjustable coilover units..Oh and my lovely Wizard exhaust system starts to be built very soon.

"My Eibach pro S coilovers will be for sale soon". Quality setup in excellent condition done less than 10k" Great deal for somebody. Contact me if you are interested.

Damien.
Which set up you gone for?
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Quote:

Ordered my GT's new front Ultra low designed 32 levels of adjustment body adjustable coilover units..

Damien.
H&R Ultra Low coilovers Damien? You're definitely in the running for CEO of Modified product development for the Alfa Romeo GT. We thank you for doing the dirty work.
I'd never heard Of those coilovers before, HR website says they're ultra low and for Show Cars?

Just seen your thread in the GTA section, so not H&R coilovers.
ALFADOIT likes this.

Last edited by alcooker; 08-07-15 at 22:28.
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Chipex Road Rash kit arrived in the post, as did a tube of Molyslip Gearbox goop!

Gooped the gearbox (easier access from the top than I had remembered!), put the Chipex on the shelf for the weekend, and ordered the necessary filters for its next driveway service!
AO Member

County: England
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 147 2.0l TS

Investigated my misfire issue mostly. Also fitted a little voltmeter in my ashtray as I never used it), ready for when I stick a couple of amps in the boot.
(Post Link) post #1296 of 2909 Old 08-07-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcooker View Post
H&R Ultra Low coilovers Damien? You're definitely in the running for CEO of Modified product development for the Alfa Romeo GT. We thank you for doing the dirty work.
I'd never heard Of those coilovers before, HR website says they're ultra low and for Show Cars?
Right ..lol..

Alex your not kidding, im a fussy bugger.

The front units are presently compromised by ride height. Not ridiculously low by any means, but out of their damper length comfort zone. Meaning i hit my bumpstops far too early which is becoming tedious. You could say to me.."well just raise the car up then" But that's not me i am after quality ride and my killer practical stanced GT. Is this possible i hear you ask?
Well after some serious research and contact with a few companies and owners of cars with different kits etc, it looks like it is. Ultra low kits are not made for show queens just wanting a stanced car and sod dynamics comfort etc. The modern kits actually engineer their units to be fully functional running slightly lower ride height like myself. Also using a "body adjustable" unit as opposed to spring rate adjustable unit (ie Eibach,KW, Bilstein) means absolutely zero compromise in ride comfort is made to the coilover when you go lower.

Also with 32 levels of comfort/rebound adjustment you can find your prefered personal setting. From soft and compliant to harder for track the odd track day.

At the moment i am planning on trying 2 front adjustable Ultra low units. As i can order front and rear separately. Also choosing my prefered spring rate. A lot of the audi and jap guys really speak highly of the units made by actually BC racing.

Have to say the Eibach pro S units are exceptional quality and i have been extremely happy with them. Just at the right height i desire. I require a unit designed for what i want to achieve.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg now.jpg (115.3 KB, 15 views)
edraven71 likes this.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Sounds like a good bit of kit, will be watching your thread for them turning up.

Guess I'll be competing with you for alloy undertays before long as I seem to change mine yearly from scratching speed bumps, and my ocd won't let me have it too scratched in case I get run over by the car and see it.
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

County: West Sussex
Lower springs and shocks. Although it's taking longer than a day as I'm doing it on my own. Gonna do me wheels and calipers too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0720_1436448543657.jpg (57.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0719_1436448568604.jpg (40.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0716_1436448593650.jpg (53.4 KB, 6 views)
baxter2308 likes this.
AO Member

County: -
Will post new thread but hoping for reply from here. I have just done my first variator repair and cambelt and tensioners on my 156 1.8 ts Everything seems ok purchased all cam locks dti and sprocket holding tool. My god had to take exhaust cam out as Well as couldn't undo barstad pulley bolt. Had to sandwich in vice with 2 blocks of wood and heat up. Now tensioner sits over hole everything lined up. But sometimes when I stop the engine seems compression kick chucks tensioner to full and I have lots of play on the front side exhaust to crank. If after turning engine over twice all tension is good and over the hole is that ok Or what the he'll I tensioned loads now and I'm
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Chipex Road Rash kit arrived in the post, as did a tube of Molyslip Gearbox goop!

Gooped the gearbox (easier access from the top than I had remembered!), put the Chipex on the shelf for the weekend, and ordered the necessary filters for its next driveway service!
Tell us what you think about the Moly-Slip when you've run it a bit - I was thinking about perhaps changing the gearbox oil for Red Line to improve usability.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today