What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 51 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1179Likes

(Post Link) post #1251 of 2932 Old 23-06-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Our GT has gone back on its original number plate in readiness for sale to new owner.
I thought she had left you ages ago mate?

She still for sale??

Damien.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
I thought she had left you ages ago mate?

She still for sale??

Damien.
She's spoken for

Will be going when the GT86 arrives
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
New steering wheel

Today I fitted my new wood steering wheel to my 156. Looks awesome!
AO Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTDm

Just had the Aircon re-charged, used a Mr Clutch groupon deal, I was expecting it to be colder though. I also replaced the little clips that hold the passenger airbag cover on.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

New wiper blades, fluid top ups and got rid of that faded boot badge, didn't realise how bad it was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg badge1.jpg (148.3 KB, 14 views)
pendragonfalls likes this.
AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Nothing quite like replacing a badge. That feeling of 'job well done'
baxter2308 likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
In the ever-ending search for a cure to the engine squeaking, Autolusso South replaced the crankshaft timing belt pulley and while at it replaced the aux belt, cam belt and water pump.

The crank aux pulley does seem to run straighter now.
AO Member

County: Surrey
Had fitted the Pioneer Apple Carplay - finishes off the front consol and looks amazing!!
Autolusso likes this.
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Garage
Had a couple of part worn tyres put on the wagon as a temporary measure until I get the wheels referbed, they have loads of tread and came off a set of wheels that I bought a while back.

HI-FLY is the brand, damn are they noisy and they ride like they are made out of solid rubber.

Can't wait to get some proper rubber back on but at these will keep me rolling for a few weeks.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Had a little colour change today. Went for a darker grey with a glossy finish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (96.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by t3yls; 27-06-15 at 19:51.
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Went to Goodwood Festival of Speed yesterday. We averaged 33.4 mpg over 181 miles going down to Brighton, then after a bit of town work and stuck in Goodwood FOS traffic jam for an hour, back to Brighton to pick the wife up and then home again. Total trip distance 427miles at 31.4 mpg, not bad for a 3.2 V6.
The car runs beautifully apart from the stiff suspension which is ruining the ride comfort.
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

147 1.6 Lusso

Swapped over a jammed Drivers door mirror that does not fold back and has a broken vertical adjustment cog for a second hand one bought off the bay. Missed the 3rd adjustment screw under the rubber flange and stripped the door trim off to get at what I thought was the 3rd screw inside the door casing...this screw being covered in paint does not move easily and eventually jammed. Dropped the top screw down the inside of the door(!) and the second screw seized solid too! Eventually drilled off screw 2, found the proper screw three and replaced door trim. Swapped over the mirror covers too. All good, might re-seat the mrror however as wind noise seems to have increased...
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret-ears View Post
Went to Goodwood Festival of Speed yesterday. We averaged 33.4 mpg over 181 miles going down to Brighton, then after a bit of town work and stuck in Goodwood FOS traffic jam for an hour, back to Brighton to pick the wife up and then home again. Total trip distance 427miles at 31.4 mpg, not bad for a 3.2 V6.
The car runs beautifully apart from the stiff suspension which is ruining the ride comfort.
Good to know, but I can't manage that, the dam thing is too addictive. You must have been up some wagons arse for some of the way or you had no fun
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by warniegt View Post
Good to know, but I can't manage that, the dam thing is too addictive. You must have been up some wagons arse for some of the way or you had no fun
Wife and child in the car too, so cruise control set to 70mph.
Plenty of people rubber-necking the car (it's loud) around Brighton town centre, so no need to go fast.

Drove through a "fly storm" on the way home, I've never seen anything like it, one minute the car was as clean as when we left home, the next minute my wife is asking if I can see out of the windscreen!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jl6HBieEXmyXXT8HC6lFLBpJsoTdyGPvMWzmoaYRvZ8[1].jpg (136.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by ferret-ears; 29-06-15 at 13:48.
AO Member

County: England
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 147 2.0l TS

Fitted my new Alpine headunit today, not helped by the awful fascia adapter I bought of eBay. Took quite a bit of filing, cutting and bodging to get it in, but it's in and working. Also been up on the lift looking for options to route the power cable for an amp (once the alternator's sorted!) and I've just been round the whole car with tar remover. I've never seen so much tar on a car before, looked like the car's been smoking 60 a day! Next job is a full wash, clay, polish and wax! I love days off!

2004 147 2.0L TS

Bought a 147, now I want an 8C
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

Replaced the Thermostat in my GT JTD - wasn't too bad a job.
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMClark View Post
Fitted my new Alpine headunit today, not helped by the awful fascia adapter I bought of eBay. Took quite a bit of filing, cutting and bodging to get it in, but it's in and working. Also been up on the lift looking for options to route the power cable for an amp (once the alternator's sorted!) and I've just been round the whole car with tar remover. I've never seen so much tar on a car before, looked like the car's been smoking 60 a day! Next job is a full wash, clay, polish and wax! I love days off!
I think there's a useful cable tunnel hidden down the outer side of the passengers side with some spare cable clips running along side the main harness!!
AO Member

County: England
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 147 2.0l TS

Cheers, I'll have a look. Bigger issue could be running the audio signal and turn-on signal cables. On my Stilo there was room under the sill so hopefully that's the case on my 147 too.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyred159 View Post
Swapped over a jammed Drivers door mirror that does not fold back and has a broken vertical adjustment cog for a second hand one bought off the bay. Missed the 3rd adjustment screw under the rubber flange and stripped the door trim off to get at what I thought was the 3rd screw inside the door casing...this screw being covered in paint does not move easily and eventually jammed. Dropped the top screw down the inside of the door(!) and the second screw seized solid too! Eventually drilled off screw 2, found the proper screw three and replaced door trim. Swapped over the mirror covers too. All good, might re-seat the mrror however as wind noise seems to have increased...
Both of mine are seized, otherwise working fine. I tried to remove one and gave up
AO Member

County: Limassol
Cured the oil leak on my 07 Gt jtd oil cooler and fitted half a set of new front brake pads to my 07 159, the bottom pin on the caliper would not budge after an hour of trying, so I've soaked it in penetrating oil and hopefully tomorrow it will move!
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

GT

Finally fixed the leaky oil cooler ! (If anyone has the corroded oil cooler problem I know what to do!!) next just one or two rattly sounding suspension componets (one of which was advisory on MOT) to do and then wait to see what happnes next................
ALFADOIT likes this.
(Post Link) post #1272 of 2932 Old 01-07-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

So another wrong window seal supplied by Autoglass for my GT today meant windscreen fitting is delayed till tomorrow.

Still gave me time to refurbish and plastic colour respray my windscreen cowling. Having a black car all the grey bits show up, and although the car is pampered, the plastic had began to look a little bit weather beaten. After a good rub down, and patient tactics to applying coats of the plastic black paint, all looked a lot better. Also bought some new screws and waterproof black caps to protect the 2 in view from the elements. Looking forward to seeing it fitted when the new screen is in.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cowling.jpg (73.8 KB, 9 views)

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
So another wrong window seal supplied by Autoglass for my GT today meant windscreen fitting is delayed till tomorrow.

Still gave me time to refurbish and plastic colour respray my windscreen cowling. Having a black car all the grey bits show up, and although the car is pampered, the plastic had began to look a little bit weather beaten. After a good rub down, and patient tactics to applying coats of the plastic black paint, all looked a lot better. Also bought some new screws and waterproof black caps to protect the 2 in view from the elements. Looking forward to seeing it fitted when the new screen is in.

Damien.
This is a rewarding repair......I did mine a few weeks ago and once back on the car the difference is night and day
ALFADOIT likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Berkshire
Garage
Despite the call to be careful, my son and fellow alfaowner member littlestu25 managed to remove the door handle from the passenger side of Bianco.
Still, just over 48 hours later a brand new handle was delivered, now to pluck up the courage to pull the door apart
(Post Link) post #1275 of 2932 Old 02-07-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

So new screen fitted, with my lovely new refurbished skuttle pieces, all looks really nice. Quite a treat to have a new screen too..

Damien.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today