What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 50 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage

Member car:

Mito Cloverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Gorgeous mate..Bet you are chuffed.

They diamond cut faces and lips? I need my jet fins doing and i fancied the lips diamond cutting for some extra detailing..

Damien.
Thanks Damien

They look fabulous, with the great weather today and the sun shining on the diamond cut face they looked awesome.

I asked for the exact finish that Alfa gave the wheels from new, so they are anthracite on the back of the wheels and inside the wheel 'spokes' but all the outer face of the wheel is diamond turned with the red pinstripe around the rim. If your thinking of having anything done to your wheels, get in touch with Pristine, they are based in Milton Keynes so I'm not sure If you are local to them or not, but the work they have done to my wheels is first class.
ALFADOIT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
Garage
Partially blocked the EGR and fitted a K&N filter instead of the old one (which the previous owner probably never changed)...
AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside
Garage
Stuck the K from the T.Spark badge back on after it fell off yesterday.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancaster

Member car:

147 & GQV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAlfa147 View Post
Stuck the K from the T.Spark badge back in after it fell off yesterday.
Just be glad it wasn't the 'r'.

Now that would be inappropriate.
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
I've cleaned my EGR and MAP sensor on the GT. My friend popped round and asked me to change the rear section of the roof on her Spider.
Straightforward job but it fought us all the way...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1434390516789.jpg (134.7 KB, 17 views)
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

County: Devon
Detailed my new 3.2 GT. First time I have ever done this (I'm 52) ! on any car. Washed with AG shampoo, microfibre mit, 2 bucket method and dried with waffle weave cloth. Sponge, chamois and 1 bucket gone forever.

Clay bar (1st time ever), Polished with AG super resin polish, glazed with Poor Boys Back Hole dark paint glaze and sealed with Bilt Hamber double speed wax. Took a handfull of painkillers and collapsed into chair.

Car has come up pretty well. It really needs a MOP but I can't justify spending more money. Very impressed with the glaze and wax - highly recomended.

Old dog has learned some new tricks
ALFADOIT likes this.

Last edited by Alan Walker; 16-06-15 at 08:22.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommywho156 View Post
I've cleaned my EGR and MAP sensor on the GT. My friend popped round and asked me to change the rear section of the roof on her Spider.
Straightforward job but it fought us all the way...
I did many years ago on ours. It is a tricky job from what I recall.
Regularly clean the EGR on the GT too, we have much in common
AO Silver Member

Gave the Blackline the first wash since polishing/waxing a few weeks ago... Can't believe how much quicker it was!

The wash-mitt was gliding along and the dirt was just slipping off, then when it came to towelling off there was barely any water left on the paintwork

Also, thanks TommyWho for the Hellshine Reaper recommendation! That thing is an absolute moisture magnet... Whipped over the bodywork in minutes, and only cost 10 (plus postage) from Autobrite Direct

A quick spritz of Quickshine Detailer, a few squirts of Vision over the windows, and some tactical silicone spray up the wishbone bushes, and she's looking good in top shape again

Good thing too as the trip up to Download and back resulted in the front looking like the site of a mosquito/bug genocide!!
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Walker View Post
Detailed my new 3.2 GT. First time I have ever done this (I'm 52) ! on any car. Washed with AG shampoo, microfibre mit, 2 bucket method and dried with waffle weave cloth. Sponge, chamois and 1 bucket gone forever.

Clay bar (1st time ever), Polished with AG super resin polish, glazed with Poor Boys Back Hole dark paint glaze and sealed with Bilt Hamber double speed wax. Took a handfull of painkillers and collapsed into chair.

Car has come up pretty well. It really needs a MOP but I can't justify spending more money. Very impressed with the glaze and wax - highly recomended.

Top tip for future reference. Autoglym Super Resin Polish is a glaze just like PoorBoys Black Hole so there's no need to use both. The use of the word 'polish' is misleading because it was reformulated a few years ago and they removed the abrasives and added fillers (to temporarily hide scratches and swirls).
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Finally got round to cleaning the filthy engine bay (not as clean as ALFADOIT) which needed some attention, after some Meguiars, toil, many rags and sweat it looks a bit more presentable.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0577.JPG (378.3 KB, 33 views)
ALFADOIT, edraven71 and djs93 like this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter2308 View Post
Finally got round to cleaning the filthy engine bay (not as clean as ALFADOIT) which needed some attention, after some Meguiars, toil, many rags and sweat it looks a bit more presentable.

Nice job,, isn't it therapeutic?
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraven71 View Post
Nice job,, isn't it therapeutic?
Ta muchly. There's an element of futility about cleaning the engine bay because it will be dirty again in 5 minutes, but like you say, there's definately something to it.

(Post Link) post #1238 of 2909 Old 19-06-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter2308 View Post
Ta muchly. There's an element of futility about cleaning the engine bay because it will be dirty again in 5 minutes, but like you say, there's definately something to it.

Helps me relax..

So today i gave her a 6k oil change. Used Millers Nanotech 5w40. Fitted a new pipercross spongebob airfilter, and removed my slightly dirty K&N. Also fitted my lovely new Alu undertray. And gave everything a clean and polish under there. Had to tighten a few hose clamps on my FMIC setup..As a few small leaks..
All ready for the annual RR meet on saturday, with my old pals from the Audi TT club..Be interesting to see how she runs. And finally i will have a print out of power and torque curves..

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg undertray 1.jpg (84.8 KB, 15 views)
edraven71 and baxter2308 like this.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Garage
MOT time yesterday ... PASSED after some concerns over emissions ... then we found the pre-cat lambda sensor was loose ... (wonder who that was, thinking I'm sure I tightened that when I changed the front section!

Anyway 202,622 miles covered and going strong.

Cost me more this year that many: two new rear struts, two new rear tyres, exhaust system inc cat, replacement rear box for the cr@p Klarius one that rusted and split inside 12 months, cam belt/balance belt kit, cam locks/balance belt tool ...

and ordered new thermostat unit yesterday as something isn't right in that department ...

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Garage
Took the wagon up to Alfashop yesterday for a ''health check'' to see if there were any other nasties lurking before taking the plunge with the DMF/clutch replacement.

As it happens there were a few odds and ends, some that I already was aware of and some that I was not.

All in all not bad for an 11 year old car with 150k on it.

Just waiting for the final quotation so that I can go ahead as I am getting well and truely p1$$ed off with the DMF noise.

County: Cork
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Walker View Post

Take some pics & enter the Detailing Competition for June http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...ion-entry.html (June Detailing Competition Entry)
AO Member

County: Surrey
Put some new wind wipers and got the front tow realigned, nothing too exciting lol
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf SE

Changed the broken front hinge on my drivers side door handle. Only took an hour thanks to pubsingers guide from way back in 2010.
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Finished off top half of engine detail, just the cam belt cover to go and a new autolusso intake pipe to replace my split one, which is letting the side down some what.

Pleased with transformation although it's not perfect by a long way as chrome pipes need doing properly as well as many other things, but its an engine at the end of the day

2b388d4b-d6c8-4ecf-8435-dedb38eaed32.jpg

8c8ea551-7468-4545-ae80-56f807510ef8.jpg
ALFADOIT and edraven71 like this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Very nice lot of work in that.

So jealous when I look at my Diesel plastic cover
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraven71 View Post
Very nice lot of work in that.

So jealous when I look at my Diesel plastic cover
cheers

Yeah lot of work and 2 sleepless nights wishing I'd never started the dam thing. I've not had much experience tinkering with cars so each job is a worry fest, but I'm learning each and every time.

Headlights next, need to paint the inside black ala the blackline's lights. Need to find a guide 1st though..
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warniegt View Post
cheers

Yeah lot of work and 2 sleepless nights wishing I'd never started the dam thing. I've not had much experience tinkering with cars so each job is a worry fest, but I'm learning each and every time.

Headlights next, need to paint the inside black ala the blackline's lights. Need to find a guide 1st though..
Whilst you're in there, I'd retrofit some HID Projectors where the mainbeams live.. Once you've got the headlight out and the lense taken off it's really no extra work! You can get on with that whilst the paint is drying

Polish up the lenses too while they're out and you'll have a lovely new set of shiners!
AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

2005 GT JTS 2.0l

Thought I'd do a quick job on Saturday, slight oil leak from the rocker cover area near the cam belt cover, dripping onto the alternator. An hours job I thought, easy...

Bloomin' sheared one of the bolts off didn't I, cue much swearing, heartache, mental anguish, self criticism, life analysis...

6 hours later (including begging a lift to Halfords for a stud extractor kit) I finally got the little b***** out!

I could have layed down in the road and cried. I did them finger tight and then just nipped them up lightly with the wrench, seem they are made from chocolate.

Just need to get a replacement bolt now, they seem to be like rocking horse poo...

There's nothing like drilling a hole in a bolt in your cylinder head whilst holding the hoover to suck up all the swarf. The neighbours think I'm mad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (95.8 KB, 6 views)
warniegt likes this.
AO Member

County: Merseyside
Got fed up of peeling gear knob. Got some Barry m glitter nail varnish 5 coats of that and 2 of clear nail varnish and I'm left with a sparkly gear knob looks great in the sun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1434998660217.jpg (34.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg image_1434998686795.jpg (45.2 KB, 12 views)
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Our GT has gone back on its original number plate in readiness for sale to new owner.
ALFADOIT likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today