What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 49 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1175Likes

County: Dorset
De cat and custom straight through rear section on my 2.4 20v 156 still not that loud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #1202 of 2917 Old 06-06-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Had an awesome drive home from work ,and respectful game of cat and mouse with a Porsche Caymen. Think the Caymen driver got a pleasant surprise, that this particular GT cloverleaf was not all it first seemed..

Also began to plan and discuss the possibility of a new stainless full bigger bore exhaust system.

Damien.
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

Removed and cleaned the EGR and fitted a EGR delete.
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage

Member car:

Mito Cloverleaf

Touched up my calipers ready for my freshly refurbed wheels to go back on tomorrow/Tuesday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1433701276388.jpg (139.5 KB, 15 views)
RomeoDone likes this.
AO Member

County: -
Garage
Cleaned EGR and replaced leaking vacuum hoses. Still something wrong though, so I tried unplugging the MAF. And failed.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberson1 View Post
Got my GT back from the body shop yesterday and am actually disgusted at what has been given back to me. The paint on the car is more orange peel than an orange, it is covered in fish eye, it's not even flat either. There are masking lines on the lower skirt which are visible with the door closed. The arch liners are bright red where they decided they didn't want to mask it off. There is laquer overspray all over the boot lid, all over the sill on the opposite side of the car, the door on the opposite side, the bumper on the opposite side, well let's just say pretty much every panel. Can't believe they can call that repaired.
I hope you get it fixed.
AO Silver Member

County: Cork

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberson1 View Post
Got my GT back from the body shop yesterday and am actually disgusted at what has been given back to me. The paint on the car is more orange peel than an orange, it is covered in fish eye, it's not even flat either. There are masking lines on the lower skirt which are visible with the door closed. The arch liners are bright red where they decided they didn't want to mask it off. There is laquer overspray all over the boot lid, all over the sill on the opposite side of the car, the door on the opposite side, the bumper on the opposite side, well let's just say pretty much every panel. Can't believe they can call that repaired.
You don't have much luck with your car. I hope you get it sorted without too much bother.
AO Silver Member

County: Cork

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

When I got the GT the screen wash tube had been eaten by the bonnet mechanism. I made a temporary fix by wrapping the tube in electrical tape but this finally gave up on the way home from the Irish Munster meet yesterday. Today I spliced in the connector I bought over a year ago and screen washing is better than ever.
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

County: Essex
Changed the gear knob, I hope the rest of car is affixed as well as the old one.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Finished fitting my Zeatek Z8's today, drives lovely with no noises

Dropping her off tomorrow for some fettling at Turbo Pacs.

Roll on Friday,
ALFADOIT likes this.
(Post Link) post #1211 of 2917 Old 08-06-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Received my alu engine guard cover from Germany. And Autolusso have sent my rear suspension arms to be powdercoated Alfa red before the new poly bushes are fitted to them.

Damien.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancaster

Member car:

147 & GQV

Took mine on holiday.

But in the middle of the Yorkshire Moors:
'Motor System Control Failure'.

Pfft, it still seems to run fine, so I will sort this when I get home. It didn't die on me so who knows. Started up fine this morning too.
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 166

Cleaned the washing splitter as the washer jets were being incredibly pants.

Hello everyone.

Could you help me find the code of the Blaupunk radio of my father? He received the wrong code with it...

Its serialnumber is 815 BP037834853469.
Productnumber is 7 640 378 316.

Many thanks in advance.
Luis
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by David WB View Post
Took mine on holiday.

But in the middle of the Yorkshire Moors:
'Motor System Control Failure'.

Pfft, it still seems to run fine, so I will sort this when I get home. It didn't die on me so who knows. Started up fine this morning too.
I see that from time to time, that and water in your tractor. As you say pfffttt.
AO Member

Member car:

GT V6

Does this ever end? (I know the answer is no!).

After my recent escapades, including replacing all 24 lifters, then the alterntor failing, I now have a clunk as the car takes up the drive. Preliminary diagnosis: n/s driveshaft!!!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_809_rd View Post
Hello everyone.

Could you help me find the code of the Blaupunk radio of my father? He received the wrong code with it...

Its serialnumber is 815 BP037834853469.
Productnumber is 7 640 378 316.

Many thanks in advance.
Luis
Luis, not sure if you already know but your code request has been moved to the sticky thread. See the link here:-

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...-here-281.html (Need a radio code? Ask here...)

AO Member

Garage

Member car:

Mito Cloverleaf

Finally got my wheels back from having a refurb. Very happy with how they've come out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1433965712502.jpg (167.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg image_1433965778363.jpg (75.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg image_1433965815030.jpg (102.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg image_1433965845527.jpg (122.7 KB, 16 views)
ALFADOIT, baxter2308 and RomeoDone like this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs93 View Post
Finally got my wheels back from having a refurb. Very happy with how they've come out
Lovely job done on those, bet your well pleased, and also parking 2 foot from the kerb
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

Mito Cloverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraven71 View Post
Lovely job done on those, bet your well pleased, and also parking 2 foot from the kerb
Thanks Ed, I'm chuffed with them They should be a good job for the price I paid for them though It's hard to believe they are the same wheels as I sent them as two of them were in such bad condition before. Touching up the calipers, the new centre caps and the chrome wheel bolt covers have finished it off nicely. For anyone that's interested, the company I used was Pristine wheels, I got in touch with them via my local indie I use for MOT's.

And from now on, 2 foot from the kerb It is
AO Silver Member

County: Lancaster

Member car:

147 & GQV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
I see that from time to time, that and water in your tractor. As you say pfffttt.
Not seen it since. The revs keep dropping quite low so I am suspecting a possible camshaft sensor failure may occur at some point. Its nearly time for a full cambelt,variator and water pump change anyway so I might just change the camshaft sensor too.

I think if the sensor is failing then the engine will drop the revs lower on management failure and is also causing an oil pressure warning. Not sure though.

Only learned just how bad the TS can get trying to pull the car around the Yorkshire Moors. Terrible compared to the Swift Sport's engine.

There are now just random oil pressure warnings but no MCSF warnings, that seems to have corrected itself somehow. I suspect causal linking through the sensor.
(Post Link) post #1222 of 2917 Old 11-06-15 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs93 View Post
Thanks Ed, I'm chuffed with them They should be a good job for the price I paid for them though It's hard to believe they are the same wheels as I sent them as two of them were in such bad condition before. Touching up the calipers, the new centre caps and the chrome wheel bolt covers have finished it off nicely. For anyone that's interested, the company I used was Pristine wheels, I got in touch with them via my local indie I use for MOT's.

And from now on, 2 foot from the kerb It is
Gorgeous mate..Bet you are chuffed.

They diamond cut faces and lips? I need my jet fins doing and i fancied the lips diamond cutting for some extra detailing..

Damien.
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Well then, This covers my last week or so on my Alfa but here goes...
Got fed up (after a year of searching) trying to find a suitable replacement ecu/immobiliser/lock set for my 156 V6. In the end I overcame the problem by buying a much newer 156 V6. Happy days! OK, so this one wasn't without a few small issues. I only paid 650 for a 56 plate 156 V6 Veloce with 85k. A bargain in my opinion! First job fixed - airbag light - this was the boot airbag connector, but I did the under seat ones too. Next, a REALLY GOOD clean - I don't think it had ever seen polish or any kind of love that any Alfa needs. After some T-Cut and a couple of layers of colour polish, the 156 is looking beautiful again! While cleaning I made a discovery too - it has heated seats! Next job completed was a K&N filter - there is nothing better than the sound of an Alfa V6 engine! I am currently sitting in work (on a quiet night shift) polishing the chrome air inlet pipes. Soon, I will have my new 156 purring like a kitten and roaring like a lion!
In a few weeks there will also be a full stainless steel exhaust. Other issues to sort: Dent in boot and rear bumper after a previous owner kissed a post a little too hard. But as luck would have it, I have all the spare parts I need on my previous 156, so not really an issue. But on that note, I do have a whole 156 of parts now if anyone wants anything... I'll get around to putting an ad in the right place shortly. PM me if anyone needs anything from a CF2 156 V6. There was nothing wrong with my other 156 (also lovingly cared for) until the immobiliser died on me.
I simply cannot explain how good it is to have a 156 V6 again! (I don't even mind the 530 a year road tax - robbing bloody DVLA). The joy or driving has returned! I will add pictues to my profile when I can. This car is my new pride and joy and will be treated with love and lots of polish / cleaning and whatever it needs!
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Well then, This covers my last week or so on my Alfa but here goes...
Got fed up (after a year of searching) trying to find a suitable replacement ecu/immobiliser/lock set for my 156 V6. In the end I overcame the problem by buying a much newer 156 V6. Happy days! OK, so this one wasn't without a few small issues. I only paid 650 for a 56 plate 156 V6 Veloce with 85k. A bargain in my opinion! First job fixed - airbag light - this was the boot airbag connector, but I did the under seat ones too. Next, a REALLY GOOD clean - I don't think it had ever seen polish or any kind of love that any Alfa needs. After some T-Cut and a couple of layers of colour polish, the 156 is looking beautiful again! While cleaning I made a discovery too - it has heated seats! Next job completed was a K&N filter - there is nothing better than the sound of an Alfa V6 engine! I am currently sitting in work (on a quiet night shift) polishing the chrome air inlet pipes. Soon, I will have my new 156 purring like a kitten and roaring like a lion!
In a few weeks there will also be a full stainless steel exhaust. Other issues to sort: Dent in boot and rear bumper after a previous owner kissed a post a little too hard. But as luck would have it, I have all the spare parts I need on my previous 156, so not really an issue. But on that note, I do have a whole 156 of parts now if anyone wants anything... I'll get around to putting an ad in the right place shortly. PM me if anyone needs anything from a CF2 156 V6. There was nothing wrong with my other 156 (also lovingly cared for) until the immobiliser died on me.
I simply cannot explain how good it is to have a 156 V6 again! (I don't even mind the 530 a year road tax - robbing bloody DVLA). The joy or driving has returned! I will add pictues to my profile when I can. This car is my new pride and joy and will be treated with love and lots of polish / cleaning and whatever it needs!
AO Member

Garage
Wheels painted and decals added to calipers

Finally got round to painting my wheels black and adding my 'Alfa Romeo' decals to my recently painted red calipers...pretty chuffed with the results;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.9 KB, 17 views)
baxter2308 and djs93 like this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today