What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 36 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
scottyf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 5,198
Images: 26
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 166

I know I really want to brake hard when someone hasn't put a bulb in correctly and the beam is shooting up to the moon and my eyes.
scottyf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #877 of 2913 Old 13-03-15 Thread Starter
Status: GT clover 170 Q2 called SOOTY.:-)
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
ALFADOIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,199
Images: 12

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Drove down to Southampton to see my pal Nick at the wheel alignment centre. He did an awesome job of getting her totally straight and steering wheel dead centre again. She felt planted on the way home.

Damien.
ALFADOIT is offline  
Status: stress free
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: United Kingdom
County: Derbyshire
Posts: 17
ive fixed the downshift paddle today and now I love my 147 even more than I did before
markenise is offline  
Status: OEM++
AO Silver Member
 
Egon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 2,012
Images: 2

Member car:

147ts plus bits

absolutely caned the living bejesus out of it. 101% flat out in 1,2 & 3.

God i love my car sometimes.
The S type jag that i battered looked gobsmacked and gave me a thumbs up at the traffic lights.
Egon is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
scottyf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 5,198
Images: 26
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 166

Mine gets a daily beating. Probably why its falling to bits.
scottyf is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Jiberson1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,591
Images: 1
Fitted a new double din head unit. Works with bose and steering controls, extremely happy with how it worked out
Jiberson1 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Diego67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 67
Images: 7
My upgraded 147/166 auto dim mirror now works all wired up!!
Looks better than original one
Diego67 is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,234
Dropped the GT in at Autolusso South this morning for Loz to take care of for a week.. On the to-do list:

1. 48k Service
2. EGR Delete, remap if I make my mind up by Friday.
3. AC Service
4. MOT
5. Possible GBox oil change
6. Underseal check/advise
7. Literally anything/everything that he can get done on the remainder of the warranty the dealer gave me with it (hoping for the oil cooler to get done!)

Got myself the blue loaner 156 to play with for the week now instead!
_The_Editor_ is offline  
Status: Down to half as many Alfas
AO Silver Member
 
Firstcaralfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Derbyshire
Posts: 1,871
Images: 2
Fixed the GT snapped clutch pedal pin today.. Only thing was the bush that sits in the piston for the master cylinder popped out too. That is a complete ******* to get back in. Was at it for the best part of 2 hours.

On the plus side I'm now very well acquainted with the GT footwell.

Also gave the 147 a wash and wax, forgotten how good alfa red looks when clean and shiny!
Firstcaralfa is offline  
Status: Lowered!!
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
Durty dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northampton
County: Northamptonshire
Posts: 73,506
Images: 18
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstcaralfa View Post
Fixed the GT snapped clutch pedal pin today.. Only thing was the bush that sits in the piston for the master cylinder popped out too. That is a complete ******* to get back in. Was at it for the best part of 2 hours.

On the plus side I'm now very well acquainted with the GT footwell.

Also gave the 147 a wash and wax, forgotten how good alfa red looks when clean and shiny!
What pin did you use? i need one for a spare.

Top hat bushes done today completely stripped down cleaned and regreased all the ball joints on the gear linkage. Really smooth gear change at last.
Durty dog is offline  
Status: Down to half as many Alfas
AO Silver Member
 
Firstcaralfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Derbyshire
Posts: 1,871
Images: 2
I made a new one out of a thin bit of steel, copied the original shape only took 2/3 minutes. I have kept a keyring and hair grip in the armrest for emergencies though

Will see how it's faring in a few days time and report back.
Firstcaralfa is offline  
Status: Alive
AO Silver Member
 
Paddy OPlastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 4,105

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

It was dry so the weekend was spent washing, de-tarring and washing again. I removed sun-cream hand-prints with T-Cut and beeswax. Then a good polish all over. It looks lovely and shiny - the best it has looked since we've owned it.

So, why am I unhappy? I'm talking about the wife's S40, not my beloved GT.
Paddy OPlastic is offline  
(Post Link) post #888 of 2913 Old 16-03-15 Thread Starter
Status: GT clover 170 Q2 called SOOTY.:-)
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
ALFADOIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,199
Images: 12

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstcaralfa View Post
Fixed the GT snapped clutch pedal pin today.. Only thing was the bush that sits in the piston for the master cylinder popped out too. That is a complete ******* to get back in. Was at it for the best part of 2 hours.

On the plus side I'm now very well acquainted with the GT footwell.

Also gave the 147 a wash and wax, forgotten how good alfa red looks when clean and shiny!
I think one time or another every GT owner has painfully had to endure the clutch pedal pin head in footwell caper.. One of the first things i did to my present GT when i got her..lol..Im hoping with my new lighter clutch this new pin will last for a good while. I always have a spare in my glovebox.

Damien.
ALFADOIT is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Dropped the GT in at Autolusso South this morning for Loz to take care of for a week.. On the to-do list:

1. 48k Service
2. EGR Delete, remap if I make my mind up by Friday.
3. AC Service
4. MOT
5. Possible GBox oil change
6. Underseal check/advise
7. Literally anything/everything that he can get done on the remainder of the warranty the dealer gave me with it (hoping for the oil cooler to get done!)

Got myself the blue loaner 156 to play with for the week now instead!
Just heard back from Loz.... Nothing too scary

A bit of play in the upper wishbones, and the bushes on the lowers are starting to perish, lower turbo hose could use replacing, the handbrake cable is starting fray/crack, and a slightly noisy alternator.. Nothing that needs immediate attention, and most of them are gonna be simple enough DIY jobs to sort out

Pulled the trigger on the remap too, can't wait to pick it up on Friday... Not that I don't like the 156, but I will enjoy having my GT back
_The_Editor_ is offline  
Status: Bonding
AO Member
 
Alfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bristol
Posts: 200

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Just heard back from Loz.... Nothing too scary

A bit of play in the upper wishbones, and the bushes on the lowers are starting to perish, lower turbo hose could use replacing, the handbrake cable is starting fray/crack, and a slightly noisy alternator.. Nothing that needs immediate attention, and most of them are gonna be simple enough DIY jobs to sort out

Pulled the trigger on the remap too, can't wait to pick it up on Friday... Not that I don't like the 156, but I will enjoy having my GT back
Which one have you gone for?
Alfer is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,234
Loz's recommended one.. I believe it peaks at 195 bhp, but power delivery is smooth and manageable.. The most balanced one apparently!
_The_Editor_ is offline  
Status: Down to half as many Alfas
AO Silver Member
 
Firstcaralfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Derbyshire
Posts: 1,871
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
I think one time or another every GT owner has painfully had to endure the clutch pedal pin head in footwell caper.. One of the first things i did to my present GT when i got her..lol..Im hoping with my new lighter clutch this new pin will last for a good while. I always have a spare in my glovebox.

Damien.
Did your bush pop out of it's housing too, or has anyones? The pin is a 5 minute job but getting that busy back in was a ****take!!
Firstcaralfa is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
TOX1C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amesbury
County: Wiltshire
Posts: 4,353
Images: 9
A can of Forte diesel treatment went into the tank as a pre-MoT treat; the engine feels so much smoother already and there's another 500 miles to go.

And the b*****y squeaky belt has been changed by Paul @ AL South. All pulley grooves cleaned and the oil leak investigated - that'll be next then!
TOX1C is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Tyne and Wear
Posts: 13

Member car:

147 jtd

put a blue spark tuning box on my 147 jtd 115hp ,results are not bad at all much better torque.
next job replacing the intercooler pipe
hallsta is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
County: -
Posts: 15

Member car:

GT

What have I done to my GT today (actually last few weeks)?

Changed the CV's, the brake discs the pads, a top wishbone, a wheel bearing, repaired the leaking oil cooler repaired and sprayed the boot, repaired the sill (all good!!)

But yesterday - I snapped the ABS sensor putting it back together and have to wait another month till payday to buy it

If I could find the guy who owned it and didnt look after it before me I would clout him
marvwoodburn is offline  
(Post Link) post #896 of 2913 Old 18-03-15 Thread Starter
Status: GT clover 170 Q2 called SOOTY.:-)
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
ALFADOIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,199
Images: 12

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstcaralfa View Post
Did your bush pop out of it's housing too, or has anyones? The pin is a 5 minute job but getting that busy back in was a ****take!!
Yes and i was in Calais in the que for the bloody ferry, not funny i can tell you. Just made the ferry in the end, after a lot of scrabbling around in the footwell in the rain , getting my jeans filthy and passengers laughing at me as they drove by. Probably thinking "typical Alfa" Anyhow after being resourceful using a makeshift pin out of a peg spring i just made it.. I fell out of love with the car for 1 hour on that crossing. lol

Damien.
ALFADOIT is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
t3yls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,813
Images: 4

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

admired the split in my lower turbo hose today.
t3yls is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Forza Tranmere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 76
Images: 14
Had the wheels balanced.

Drove 5 miles home.

And for the first time in years kerbed the front near side alloy as I parked up!
Forza Tranmere is offline  
Status: Down to half as many Alfas
AO Silver Member
 
Firstcaralfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Derbyshire
Posts: 1,871
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Yes and i was in Calais in the que for the bloody ferry, not funny i can tell you. Just made the ferry in the end, after a lot of scrabbling around in the footwell in the rain , getting my jeans filthy and passengers laughing at me as they drove by. Probably thinking "typical Alfa" Anyhow after being resourceful using a makeshift pin out of a peg spring i just made it.. I fell out of love with the car for 1 hour on that crossing. lol

Damien.
Firstcaralfa is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,457
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3yls View Post
admired the split in my lower turbo hose today.
You have to do that don't you.
Wezley is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome