The Demon Foam smells great, it doesn't really work as a prewash though (I think the instructions even say to agitate it with a sponge while it's dwelling). I'd recommend either Mainz Equilibrium or Bilt & Hamber Autofoam. I'd also say before you buy either to get a proper foam lance (not the Karcher one).
This is mine with a coat of Equilibrium.
Leave to dwell for 20 mins, rinse off and then 2-bucket wash....
Yea it smelled gorgeous as the thin foam disappointingly slopped onto my driveway and left the muck on the car... In the mood for marzipan now!
I was surprised at how well it foamed up, seeing as it was being blasted out of one of these: Power Tools Outdoor Detergent Spray Bottle Attachment 300ml Fits most pressure washers with screw thread and twist lock fittings. 300ml capacity.: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
Need a new hose/gun/lance for my pressure washer really, the rubber sheathing had inflated like a baloon under pressure today! Must be a slow leak from the internal hose, as a load of water spilled out when I pricked it to let down the pressure (compressor was off, hose discharged fully...).
Tried Simoniz protect shampoo today, which is so so so much better than the halfords of stuff! Also dead cheap as they're clearing old stock.. 2L for about £4!
So today I:
1. Pre-washed with demon foam (mmmm almonds!), and whipped round the wheels with foaming alloy cleaner and a brush.
2. 2-bucket washed with Simonez protect shampoo.
3. Rinsed off with wide fan from pressure washer.
4. Wiped dry with microfibre.
5. Cleaned/conditioned/fed the leather seats/steering wheel etc.
6. Cleaned windows with Angelwax Vision.
7. Nice thick layer of Turtlewax all over!
8. Regretted the thick layer of wax as I spent well over an hour trying to buff off the thick bits (Doh!).
9. Secured my Connects2 box in behind the ashtray with heavy duty velcro - no more annoying rattle from that!
10. Topped up oil from last weeks oil change, wanted to run in at mid-level to make sure it wasn't over-full.. Plus a week of running makes it that much easier to spot on the dip-stick
11. Topped up screenwash, re-aimed washer jets to just clear the wipers... Rather than fire over the top and wash the car behind me!
12. Thoroughly checked over top-turbo hose.. Still intact but looking like it's starting to perish over the battery.. re-fitted the clamp that holds it clear of rubbing points.. Bottom turbo hose looked silicone when I checked last weekend, so will just look after the top until it goes pop!
13. Hung my complementary Opie oils air freshener!
Problem is that when you spend that much time looking at the car, you notice every single bloody stone-chip, scuff, scratch, or dodgy patch on the bumper where the previous owner tried to fill the scuffs! Chippex is on the to-do list as well!