What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 19 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 166

Powerflexed top mount and replaced rear mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Got my GT back with a new clutch today....feels like a different car!
The owner of the garage studied a few of the heavy clutch threads and took the time to make sure everything was lubricated. He also took notice of things Ned from Autolusso had said and found no reason to change the flywheel. Also matched the price too. Anyone need work doing in Leicestershire look up Htec-Elite, I can highly recommend them....
AO Silver Member

County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 Gta

broken the alternator on the gta..

looking like 430 quid for a new one
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Put it out for the class to take pride and place on the drive/s.

Last edited by Wezley; 08-09-16 at 14:40.
AO Member

County: Blaenau Gwent
Fitted my 330 discs and 166 callipers to my GT.
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
Cleaned the righthand side of my car as had the drivers door repainted yesterday....again.looks loads better now mind.
AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Garage
Fitted the n/s/r strut for the second time ... spring mount turned and spring dislidged. So I'll tighten the top nut ehen on the wheels and wright helps kerp mount in place.

Start to strip down o/s/r for that new strut.
AO Member

Today my old gal is going off to alfatechnico to have surgery. Its in for new waterpump, aux belt, alloy rad, silicone hoses, thermostat, temp sender and maybe a new header tank so it looks shiny.hope this cures my overheating problem.
AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis88 View Post
Fitted my 330 discs and 166 callipers to my GT.
Were the callipers easy to do..? Much fettling needed..?
AO Member

County: Conwy
Oil cooler replaced with one from Autolusso (great service from them). Next up MOT....
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
Failed at removing the sidelight on the passenger side, the drivers side was easy and just pulled out but it's almost like someone has superglued in the passenger side one. Any tips? Might take it down Halfords and pay to laugh at them try.
AO Gold Member

County: Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberson1 View Post
Failed at removing the sidelight on the passenger side, the drivers side was easy and just pulled out but it's almost like someone has superglued in the passenger side one. Any tips? Might take it down Halfords and pay to laugh at them try.

Or be amazed at how quick the 17 year old does it. That's what I did
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbymike7 View Post
Or be amazed at how quick the 17 year old does it. That's what I did
Haha true, might give it another try tomorrow before I give up
AO Member

Today I made my wallet a bit(ok a lot) lighter! I picked the wagon up from alfa technico after having my alloy radiator fitted, new thermostat, new metal impeller waterpump, cam/aux belts and idlers and also brought another rocker cover to have powdercoated.car now runs loads better, no nasty screatch from knackered waterpump either and my shiny rad looks cool through my bumper mesh:-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141122_132449.jpg (56.0 KB, 10 views)
AO Gold Member

County: Hampshire
Your more dedicated than I was! I spent 20 mins faffing then decided I'll give up a go to Halfords. Bonus was that they did both but only charged for one.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Quote:
is it the passenger side that has the plastic arm? if its broken, usually long-nosed pliers are needed or prised out with a small screwdriver.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3yls View Post
is it the passenger side that has the plastic arm? if its broken, usually long-nosed pliers are needed or prised out with a small screwdriver.
Does feel like there is something snapped off the plug yeah, is it meant to twist and pull or just pull out as it won't move at all.
Why don't they just make it the same as the drivers side?
AO Member

Picked up my 147 Collezione on Wednesday, had her first extended run out yesterday. Birmingham to Lincoln.... Didnt want to stop driving her when we got here! Got the drive back to look forward to today though! ��
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1382
Garage

Member car:

alph a ramayo

Bring it to the meet this Wednesday at The Fountain in Clent if you need an excuse to drive it
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Quote:
Does feel like there is something snapped off the plug yeah, is it meant to twist and pull or just pull out as it won't move at all.
Why don't they just make it the same as the drivers side?
I think its just meant to pull out, with no twisting. I think thats how they get snapped off .....by people twisting them! I've heard of them coming out by just pulling on the wires that attach to the bulb socket, but that carries an obvious risk! A tiny flat-head screwdriver should work, but half the battle is being able to see what your doing. Are you fitting LEDs? they do seem to last much longer than halogens (mine kept blowing).
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3yls View Post
I think its just meant to pull out, with no twisting. I think thats how they get snapped off .....by people twisting them! I've heard of them coming out by just pulling on the wires that attach to the bulb socket, but that carries an obvious risk! A tiny flat-head screwdriver should work, but half the battle is being able to see what your doing. Are you fitting LEDs? they do seem to last much longer than halogens (mine kept blowing).
It just won't budge, the drivers side pulled out nicely. I am trying to replace the leds as the passenger side one is flickering and getting on my nerves.
AO Member

County: East Sussex
Plugged my Tiger Tuning chip back in... 156 2.4 JTD becomes growling monster.

Uprated brakes next please and thank you
AO Member

@Evel....Might do actually, what's the deal with the meet up?
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Quote:
I changed the sidelights on mine just a few days ago - it is a bit of a faff but I think the owners manual is misleading for the passenger side. Mine didn't have the "handle" on the passenger side and it didn't look as if it had been broken off but had been made that way intentionally.

Are you sure you have been pulling at the right bit - because it is different from the driver's side it's easy to get disoriented in there. I don't think there's any way to actually get hold of the bulb holder with your fingers so anything you have been pulling at really should be left in there.

It should pull out very easily - it's only an interference fit; so don't twist or turn it. As mentioned long nosed pliers or teasing it out with a small flathead screwdriver would work - but I opted for pulling it out by its wires. If you watch the effect of your work from outside the headlamp glass you can see if you're on track.

I worked on the wires blindly but watching for which movements affected the bulb. Once I'd settled on which wires to pull it was easy. There were two, by the way, one brown and one white - but you can't see them until you've got the bulb holder out anyway.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb.gt View Post
I changed the sidelights on mine just a few days ago - it is a bit of a faff but I think the owners manual is misleading for the passenger side. Mine didn't have the "handle" on the passenger side and it didn't look as if it had been broken off but had been made that way intentionally.

Are you sure you have been pulling at the right bit - because it is different from the driver's side it's easy to get disoriented in there. I don't think there's any way to actually get hold of the bulb holder with your fingers so anything you have been pulling at really should be left in there.

It should pull out very easily - it's only an interference fit; so don't twist or turn it. As mentioned long nosed pliers or teasing it out with a small flathead screwdriver would work - but I opted for pulling it out by its wires. If you watch the effect of your work from outside the headlamp glass you can see if you're on track.

I worked on the wires blindly but watching for which movements affected the bulb. Once I'd settled on which wires to pull it was easy. There were two, by the way, one brown and one white - but you can't see them until you've got the bulb holder out anyway.
On mine the plug on the passenger side looks identical to the one on the drivers side, I have tried pulling on the wires like you said but it was actually pulling the wire from the connector rather than pulling the connector out.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today