What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 17 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1179Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: 156 2.4 jtd
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: South Yorkshire
Posts: 2
Just replaced all 4 cv boot rubbers today and anti-roll bar linkage bar next is find out why o/s rear tail light is slightly on all the time ????
Richardbeaumont is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Rupert Gaylord Egger of Eggington Hall
AO Gold Member
 
rugbymike7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 6,919
It will be the Rev counter. If you do a search for it it'll come up its quite common on 156. I can't remember. The exact details off the top of my head.
rugbymike7 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 21
Images: 12
Do it yourself chrome strips

I put two chrome strips on my GTs nose only cost four quid. Two pound a mtr from eBay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (122.8 KB, 20 views)
ALFAROMALE is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,462
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Got parking sensors sorted by Roy at RPM Motor Services (formerly of Auto Italliana)
I replaced one sensor (15 off eBay) this weekend. Took me about 45mins - 1 hour to remove the bumper. Put it back in about 20mins - 30mins

It's so weird putting the car in reverse and hearing a single bleep. I'm reversing everywhere currently (took me awhile to do 18 miles to work) just to hear them bleep when I get close.

I've noticed though when I get full on bleeeeeeeep there is still enough room behind to park my elephant
Wezley is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
I replaced one sensor (15 off eBay) this weekend. Took me about 45mins - 1 hour to remove the bumper. Put it back in about 20mins - 30mins

It's so weird putting the car in reverse and hearing a single bleep. I'm reversing everywhere currently (took me awhile to do 18 miles to work) just to hear them bleep when I get close.

I've noticed though when I get full on bleeeeeeeep there is still enough room behind to park my elephant
Yea I considered the DIY route, but as the fault was present when I purchased it from the dealer and the dealer included parking sensors in the advert as a working feature I decided to just let the garage sort it so I can pass the cost directly on to the original dealer..

They blatantly mis-sold it, so they pay to sort it!
_The_Editor_ is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
bogdan gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France, Metropolitan
County: Haute Savoie
Posts: 8

Member car:

gt 1.9 jtd

I put an alarm system on my GT, but I have to connect it properly on lock and unlock wires and the trigger on and off. Do you have any ideas where I can find these four, or at least lock and unlock wires and what colors should I look for? I suppose I have to look for them in the driver's door, right?
bogdan gt is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,462
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Yea I considered the DIY route, but as the fault was present when I purchased it from the dealer and the dealer included parking sensors in the advert as a working feature I decided to just let the garage sort it so I can pass the cost directly on to the original dealer..

They blatantly mis-sold it, so they pay to sort it!
Of course. It was bit of hassle anyway
Still love reversing any chance I get
Actually after nearly three years of owning it without them (and A/C) I'm expecting another sensor to fail over the next month!
Wezley is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
Of course. It was bit of hassle anyway
Still love reversing any chance I get
Actually after nearly three years of owning it without them (and A/C) I'm expecting another sensor to fail over the next month!
See this is why I went with the local garage!

They left the original parking sensors in place, disconnected the whole system, and fitted an electromagentic strip system to the inside of the bumper..

Looks like a stock/standard installation, but is an all new system without the vulnerable sensors to go wonky and break!
_The_Editor_ is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,462
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
See this is why I went with the local garage!

They left the original parking sensors in place, disconnected the whole system, and fitted an electromagentic strip system to the inside of the bumper..

Looks like a stock/standard installation, but is an all new system without the vulnerable sensors to go wonky and break!
Sounds good
For the record, I don't know one is going to fail I'm just being a 'glass half full chap' about it.
Wezley is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: South Yorkshire
Posts: 292

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

This morning I changed the number plate light bulbs in response to the very first bulb fail warning I've had in my almost 4 years of ownership.

Thinking about it the only other bulbs I ever changed on it have been to upgrade the headlights - not bad really when I read on here of some changing sidelights every few weeks.

I've sent for some canbus LED front sidelights to get rid of the yellow -and I'm now thinking about some of those super bright LEDs for the main beams - but they're quite expensive still (maybe I'll leave a note for Santa).
jonb.gt is online now  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Roscommon
Posts: 24
Garage

Member car:

GT 1.9 jtdm

Changed the front outer door handle hinge, bit of a tight squeeze but managed to get it on.

Got the front hinge where the screw goes in at an angle only to find I had the straight one.

Still fitted ok although handle sits about a 1mm proud of door, can live with it for now until I get the proper part.
the alm is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,462
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb.gt View Post
This morning I changed the number plate light bulbs in response to the very first bulb fail warning I've had in my almost 4 years of ownership.

Thinking about it the only other bulbs I ever changed on it have been to upgrade the headlights - not bad really when I read on here of some changing sidelights every few weeks.

I've sent for some canbus LED front sidelights to get rid of the yellow -and I'm now thinking about some of those super bright LEDs for the main beams - but they're quite expensive still (maybe I'll leave a note for Santa).
Just check as I think LED's are OK for foglights but I'm not sure of their legality for headlamps.
Wezley is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
jayceb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK - North West
County: Lancashire
Posts: 213
Garage

Member car:

147 2.0TS Lusso

Replaced the rear back box exhaust rubber hanger with a heavy duty replacement - original split and causing back box to hang too low.
Also replaced the dipped beam bulbs with Osram Night Breaker Unlimited as one of the existing bulbs had blown.
jayceb is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: South Yorkshire
Posts: 292

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

"Just check as I think LED's are OK for foglights but I'm not sure of their legality for headlamps."

I'd be pleased to learn anything about them - there's loads of confusing regs about aftermarket HIDs - which everybody ignores now - but I haven't seen a thing about the LEDs.
jonb.gt is online now  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,462
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb.gt View Post
"Just check as I think LED's are OK for foglights but I'm not sure of their legality for headlamps."

I'd be pleased to learn anything about them - there's loads of confusing regs about aftermarket HIDs - which everybody ignores now - but I haven't seen a thing about the LEDs.
I've got that bit of info from bulb supply websites. Other than that nothing official.
Wezley is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 21
Images: 12
Finally got my new reg plate and put it straight on. So lucky cos my name is Alfaredo romaine and I've got a 54in waist .
ALFAROMALE is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 21
Images: 12
Just put my new reg number on, so lucky to get it as my name is Alfaredo Romalinne and I've got a 54 inch waist RESULT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.9 KB, 10 views)
ALFAROMALE is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,462
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAROMALE View Post
Just put my new reg number on, so lucky to get it as my name is Alfaredo Romalinne and I've got a 54 inch waist RESULT.
I like that
Wezley is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
t3yls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,813
Images: 4

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
I like that
me too. Where did you get it from?
t3yls is offline  
Status: Petrolhead again !
AO Member
 
The Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 141

Member car:

G QV TCT 240

That looks great ! Just noticed on the photo a dual exhaust tip I thought V6's had quad exhaust or have you had a mod done ?
The Bat is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 21
Images: 12
The exhaust is custom made stainless. I don't who made it as it was already on car when I got it (Alfa specialist. Haslingden ) the Number plate came from the DVLA and was on there for weeks there are a lot on there but with different numbers ie AL56 ROM mine was 499 including swap charge. Whoever did make the exhaust made a good job of it and I should know as I've been a sheet metal worker for over 20 years. Quads are always after market on 156 and GT V6s .
ALFAROMALE is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Jiberson1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,591
Images: 1
Got fed up with the alarm constantly going off!
Jiberson1 is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,462
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberson1 View Post
Got fed up with the alarm constantly going off!
Ouch, mine went off yesterday but my GF's son had left the passenger door open!
Wezley is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Jiberson1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,591
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
Ouch, mine went off yesterday but my GF's son had left the passenger door open!
Mine was the volumetric sensors keep setting it off, finally worked out how to disable them when it is set.
Jiberson1 is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Wezley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,462
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberson1 View Post
Mine was the volumetric sensors keep setting it off, finally worked out how to disable them when it is set.
Ah right, could be useful as in my VW there was a button on the B pillar low down. How on the GT do you do that?
Wezley is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome