What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 13 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

AO Gold Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyxiDixi View Post
hey guys any idee about code p0380 and turning the key in the ignition and nothing happening just a click? but when the car is pushed starts?thanks!
Sounds like starter motor sticking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Cork

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Replaced the volumetric sensor alarm unit. I can now categorically confirm that the tilt sensor is in the same unit for the GT.
(Post Link) post #303 of 2910 Old 02-10-14 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy OPlastic View Post
Replaced the volumetric sensor alarm unit. I can now categorically confirm that the tilt sensor is in the same unit for the GT.
Paddy after reading about your t.it sensor, i have gracefully retired to the back of my GT to enjoy the new alcoholic bar you suggested fitting..hmm cognac..

Damien.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Paddy after reading about your t.it sensor, i have gracefully retired to the back of my GT to enjoy the new alcoholic bar you suggested fitting..hmm cognac..

Damien.

It's such a shame that booze and driving are so incompatible. *hic*
AO Silver Member

County: Lancaster

Member car:

147 & GQV

Ordered some plastic Autosol for the 147's whiskers after a while of meanimng to buy it.
AO Gold Member

County: Berkshire
realised last night that MOT expired on 23rd September(I thought it would be end of October so pulled the folder out to check... ). So, I dropped her in a shop for an MOT today.
AO Member

County: Dublin
I rotary polished it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (139.5 KB, 28 views)
AO Silver Member

County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 Gta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patterson View Post
I rotary polished it...
Looks stunning
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

GT3.2

Cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body.
Tidied up some of the harness and then gave the car a good wash.
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Full detail and winter prep carried out today. Products used:
Autobrite Direct Purple Rain (iron fallout remover/wheel cleaner.
Autobrite Direct Magifoam.
Autoglym shampoo/conditioner.
Reaper drying towel.
Autoglym Super Resin Polish.
Poor Boys Black Hole.
Soft99 Fusso Wax.
Autobrite Direct Project 32.

Last edited by Tommywho156; 07-06-15 at 11:20.
AO Member

County: Languedoc Roussillon

Member car:

156 sportwagon

Time to pay the piper!

So here we are then, 2 years on and i still have the 156 Sportswagon (1.9jtd M) i bought 2 years ago on a whim, and regretted on the first day.
It still has issues and they are being redressed as time allows, but with hindsight and a decent set of spanners owning one of these cars is not so much a challenge but a way of life.
I changed the upper and lower arms as the knocks and tyre wear were beyond a joke, the links and anti roll bar bushes.At the same time i tried to get the tracking done but the (French) garage said it was not possible as the rod ends were seized on the rack, and it would all need changing.Changed the rear o/s wheel bearing to quieten the humming which drowned out the wife complaining about speed etc.
Back in the UK for Christmas i had the wheels straightened and painted, 15 dings and bends by all accounts, which allowed the extremely expensive tyres to deflate with monotonous regularity.
Day to day the "*****" has been ok apart from rear wiper seized and the brakes getting tired.
In July i needed to get back to the UK in a hurry and from the Millau bridge to Calais dock, through Paris, I managed it in 8 hrs 13 minutes....(only 1 speeding fine at the Lille interchange) with a 32 mpg average.
All was forgiven, i promised the old cow i would look after her and replace whatever whenever in future. (no i have been married too long to fall into that one)!
She took it to heart unfortunately, because within 3 weeks of my return she disgraced herself by peeing all over the supermarket car park on our next visit. (we are still talking about the Alfa)!
Radiator...thank the lord so at least not too much of a problem.
Where i live it is hard not to go anywhere without climbing the side of a mountain or plunging back down again, so brakes are a must, in the event of "Philippe Flop" trundling his dying Clio out in front of me. Brakes on the new list were to be the next challenge.
So here we are today, new front discs and pads, rear discs and and pads, new radiator (waiting for delivery from, so far, the excellent Mr Auto), two new track ends, Headlamp bulb o/s, and repairing the damaged and paper thin undertray, which the local council uses instead of a road sweeper! Wash and polish the now tatty bodywork and try to sort out the gutlessness below 2,500 rpm (answer on a postcard please).
Watch this space because i'm sure it aint going to go according to plan!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozereman View Post
... and try to sort out the gutlessness below 2,500 rpm (answer on a postcard please).
Typical Alfa owner then.

Gutlessness at lower revs on mine was due to a leaking turbo intake pipe which meant air was bypassing the MAF and so wasn't being metered.
AO Member

Member car:

156 sportwagon

Aha! Thanks i have tried that by resealing every pipe so it could be the MAF sensor but the problem only gets worse when she's warm, so there could be a tie up with either MAF or EGR valve.Whilst she's sitting here naked i will go through everything.
AO Member

Member car:

156 sportwagon

Ongoing Saga

How's this for an extraordinary occurrence, handbrake releases ok when cold but will not ratchet back up until the car has done 20 kms or so. As i have the rear callipers apart i slackened off the cables to allow for the correct adjustment, and it suddenly hit me!
Loads of white grease around the ratchet and pawl. Press the button the pawl stays up and no locking! Gently using a hot gun i watched as the pawl released slowly and made contact with the ratchet.Solution clean and oiled no white grease and hey presto...no more watching it gently roll passed me while i stand at the local Tabac!
So far today....calliper frame bolts Pre rounded by some Richard Sole who has tried it before!
Big buckle in rear wheel recently refurbished; caused by rubbish road repairs around here.(hence bad wobble over 110 mph).
All the rear bushes look like my wife when we first met; soft and compliant! (inner tyre wear confirms problem occurring).
Rounded off bleed nipples to both rear callipers, thank you for Quick Fit and the most recent service history for rear pads!
Two stripped wheel bolts o/s/r hub needs changing now as pre stripped by local French Garage changing tyres. Held tight with loctite!
Bottom of intercooler bracket missing and rusted away!
Peeling under seal everywhere!
Under tray misshapen buckled worn away and most bolts stripped or missing.
French MOT jacked up on the side skirts and have badly warped the plastic skirt and it flaps loose from the body.
Both rear windows slow and will not open fully nor retract properly.
Seized rear wiper down to bushes dry rusting in the turret causing it to get slower and slower and stop. (front ones going the same way i think).
Only the first day and here we go into a second; third; hey ho its an Alfa!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Replaced passenger window regulator. I hope I don't have to do that again any time soon.
AO Silver Member

County: Kent

Member car:

147ts plus bits

Decatted the down pipes on the 147.
That's an improvement!!!
AO Member

Member car:

56 GT JTDM

Today,

Both Drop link rods
Both Lower Control arms
n/s/f Drive shaft

Oh and a new Battery... because y'know, she didn't really want to go to the garage so had to break something before I got a chance to take her in.
AO Member

County: West Cumbria
Garage
Fitted a new front badge

Missed out a what I did over couple of weekends of what I dids...., 2 weekends ago was pretty standard 156 JTD stuff - cleaned the EGR (again) after replacing the MAP sensor and finding out that wasn't the fault lol
Oh and fitted new EGR gaskets, now runs wonderfully.
Last weekend fitted cruise and clocked 54pmg back from London to Newcastle, very happy (although all the 50mph roadworks no doubt helped achieve that figure!
(Post Link) post #319 of 2910 Old 12-10-14 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Ordered some protection for my precious coilovers, each one will have a waterproof sealed jacket this winter.

Damien.
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
Looked at the dead one outside my window, thinking how much better condition it was in compared to the one that actually runs!!
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
Refitted my egr restrictor plates and modified my swirl flap rod so that it keeps them in the open position, so much more responsive now
AO Member

Member car:

GT3.2

Oil and filter changed on Saturday.
markw2014

Just replaced the n/s handbrake cable as the old one was sticking a bit. Simple enough, took about 20 mins on my back on the drive.

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Took the GT for a run out this afternoon. Just under 100 miles up the Brecon Beacons & the Black Mountains

Treacherous conditions though. Even with the slippy diff & decent tyres, the running water & camber changes meant the car was a right handful. Getting the power down was nigh on impossible :eek

Fun though....

Alfa GT V6 Black Mountains - YouTube

Cheers,
AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage
Ok, I'm gatecrashing here as Breras aren't technically part of this thread ........
Today I fixed some embroidered patches onto my bog standard car mats to make them look posh
Detail cleaned my tailpipes with wire wool, and gave my horseshoe alloys a damn good clean.
Feeling pleased

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today