What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 12 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Gave Bess a well deserved exterior valet.

Last edited by Tommywho156; 07-06-15 at 11:20.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Somerset
[QUOTE=dunhookin;10232369]Cursed, swore and threatened torturous mutilation on the muppet who designed the air filter arrangement on the GT JTD...! What a faff - the old filter was totally filthy, been there a long time, not surprising it gets neglected when it's such a pain to change. Realising that the new filter supplied was nothing like the original and meant I couldn't wrap the job up compounded the irritation - which was later eased by a couple of glasses of fine ale!

Oil and filter change, new pollen filters and new diesel filter did get done - but the car will sit idle for a couple of days until I can get over to change the wrong air filter for the right one! So looking forward to locking horns with fitting that goddam air filter again - deep joy...!

Today, having got the air filter design tantrum out of my system, the car was much more compliant for the fitting of the correct air filter, which was wrapped up in 10 or 15 minutes! Result!

Having just got the car I checked it over whilst doing this big service - and found the cause of an occasional front end clunk. The NSF upper wishbone is shot, so that's the next spannering engagement on the GT - collecting the new bit tomorrow, so getting oily on Saturday for that job probably...still love my Alfa despite cussing it's ass this week..!
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Northamptonshire
Garage
[QUOTE=dunhookin;10275793]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhookin View Post
Cursed, swore and threatened torturous mutilation on the muppet who designed the air filter arrangement on the GT JTD...! What a faff - the old filter was totally filthy, been there a long time, not surprising it gets neglected when it's such a pain to change. Realising that the new filter supplied was nothing like the original and meant I couldn't wrap the job up compounded the irritation - which was later eased by a couple of glasses of fine ale!

Oil and filter change, new pollen filters and new diesel filter did get done - but the car will sit idle for a couple of days until I can get over to change the wrong air filter for the right one! So looking forward to locking horns with fitting that goddam air filter again - deep joy...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhookin View Post

Today, having got the air filter design tantrum out of my system, the car was much more compliant for the fitting of the correct air filter, which was wrapped up in 10 or 15 minutes! Result!

Having just got the car I checked it over whilst doing this big service - and found the cause of an occasional front end clunk. The NSF upper wishbone is shot, so that's the next spannering engagement on the GT - collecting the new bit tomorrow, so getting oily on Saturday for that job probably...still love my Alfa despite cussing it's ass this week..!
You have to love em mate
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
Just bought some lovely new bosch wipers for the GT and fitted them, lifted passenger side arm up, pulled the old one off and *crack* goes the arm. Linkage is now flopping about and smacks the bonnet at the bottom.
Why do alfa make things out of cheese?!
(Post Link) post #280 of 2909 Old 18-09-14 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberson1 View Post
Just bought some lovely new bosch wipers for the GT and fitted them, lifted passenger side arm up, pulled the old one off and *crack* goes the arm. Linkage is now flopping about and smacks the bonnet at the bottom.
Sorry to hear that James..

I went to the crew car park to drop off some stuff before my next work flight..And took a really bad photo which looks like its from the 1950's...
I call this my retro black and white stance silhouette pic..

Damien.

Last edited by ALFADOIT; 02-10-14 at 11:15.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Sorry to hear that James..

I went to the crew car park to drop off some stuff before my next work flight..And took a really bad photo which looks like its from the 1950's...
I call this my retro black and white stance silhouette pic..

Damien.
You'll never be out of stuff to fix on an Alfa lol.

Looking good even if a bit blurry
Oh and black
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Northamptonshire
Garage
Fitted new engine undertray but i have noticed my oil cooler pipes are not looking good. Next job this weekend is to clean them up and keep an eye on them.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
"fixed" the linkage on the passenger side but in the process the drivers side snapped too plastic has gone brittle tried to fix the drivers side but only had enough material for the passenger side. Hopefully it holds up for a week until I can get a new one.
(Post Link) post #284 of 2909 Old 19-09-14 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
"fixed" the linkage on the passenger side but in the process the drivers side snapped too plastic has gone brittle tried to fix the drivers side but only had enough material for the passenger side. Hopefully it holds up for a week until I can get a new one.
Geez James, you got grizzly bear hands fella..Hope you get sorted soon bud.

Damien.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Geez James, you got grizzly bear hands fella..Hope you get sorted soon bud.

Damien.
All I did was undo the nut and I think the twisting motion cracked it, will just replace it when I get back off my hols.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Quote:
All I did was undo the nut and I think the twisting motion cracked it, will just replace it when I get back off my hols.
Thats unlucky. Is your car running better yet?

I moisturised and waterproofed my seats yesterday, in preparation for winter, with... Leather Balsam | Leather Conditioner | Leather Restorer

Used this stuff for years on my shoes lol. You have to let it dry and then rub it off.
AO Member

County: Hants

Member car:

GT...Golf GT

Collected mine from the garage yesterday after engine repairs following the cambelt snapping, despite having been changed 15 months/18k ago...not too chuffed tbh.

MOT is looming and I know it also needs 4 new tyres and 2 front top arms to pass, we had it up on the ramp and it could also do with some attention to the serious lack of underseal on the chassis under the rear seat area too before much longer....Oh and the tax is up at the end of the month.

Joy
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3yls View Post
Thats unlucky. Is your car running better yet?
So so, living with it at the moment, suspect most of the problems are bearing down on the swirl flaps, just got to get some time to remove them.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Fitted some HIDs this morning. Big difference over the bulbs. Great upgrade for 27!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.1.jpg (74.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2.2.jpg (76.5 KB, 15 views)
AO Gold Member

County: Berkshire
replaced wiper blades. Had Halfords that were not good and got Valeo retrofit. What a great idea! They fit well and have no issues - clean the windscreen perfectly
(Post Link) post #291 of 2909 Old 24-09-14 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Seltzer View Post
Collected mine from the garage yesterday after engine repairs following the cambelt snapping, despite having been changed 15 months/18k ago...not too chuffed tbh.

MOT is looming and I know it also needs 4 new tyres and 2 front top arms to pass, we had it up on the ramp and it could also do with some attention to the serious lack of underseal on the chassis under the rear seat area too before much longer....Oh and the tax is up at the end of the month.

Joy
Feel your pain brother..I have mot, tax and cambelt change looming next month.. I prefer modding ..lol..

Fitted my new black and satin, grill and mirror cover matching aeriel today. Looks nice.

Damien.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Finally had the wet passenger footwell sorted. Aircon drain. Great service my Johnson's near Solihull as Clare is up there at present.

Just need to sort the engine oil leak out now (think Exzon Valdiz) & the stupid ticking sound from the manifold.
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

With the long nights approaching I finally did something about the dangerously bright main beam warning light - that thing is so dazzlingly bright it ruins your night vision. I had developed a technique of keeping my right hand, while steering, always in the line of sight of the panel light - I could see but it is distracting and dangerous.

My fix involves the decidedly low tech solution of sellotaping a small piece of white paper over the offending bit of the instrument panel (I was sure I had a bit of masking tape around somewhere ho-hum).

Having removed the "glass" from the instrument binnacle and then not finding the masking tape and not having the courage to apply some paint I had to come up with something as a temporary fix - it's working for me so far.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancaster

Member car:

147 & GQV

Went to Blackburn Alfa to get my key recoded. Apparently it was never coded from new anyway.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb.gt View Post
With the long nights approaching I finally did something about the dangerously bright main beam warning light - that thing is so dazzlingly bright it ruins your night vision. I had developed a technique of keeping my right hand, while steering, always in the line of sight of the panel light - I could see but it is distracting and dangerous.

My fix involves the decidedly low tech solution of sellotaping a small piece of white paper over the offending bit of the instrument panel (I was sure I had a bit of masking tape around somewhere ho-hum).

Having removed the "glass" from the instrument binnacle and then not finding the masking tape and not having the courage to apply some paint I had to come up with something as a temporary fix - it's working for me so far.
despite possibly being the most bizarre issue i've heard on here! so congrats for that lol ...I take it you've already tried dimming the instrument lights in the menu

County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

Alfa romeo 147

i have a lot of picture whith my one! my car is actually an project whith i have started it last year! i made my one from an 1.6 petrol in an 1.9 diesel!all done by my self!i have modified front light and rear ones too! if anyone want to se picture!?

Member car:

Alfa romeo 147

hey guys any idee about code p0380 and turning the key in the ignition and nothing happening just a click? but when the car is pushed starts?thanks!

Member car:

Alfa romeo 147

ideea*
(Post Link) post #299 of 2909 Old 01-10-14 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Decided after testing the new ride height, it was a touch too low. So gone up one adjuster rotation all round. Sometimes you have to depass your boundary to go back a step to find a happy medium.

Damien.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Decided after testing the new ride height, it was a touch too low. So gone up one adjuster rotation all round. Sometimes you have to depass your boundary to go back a step to find a happy medium.

Damien.
I thought it wasn't too low until it was resting on the floor?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today