What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 108 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1179Likes

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymannero View Post
Photos are not well lit bud..

Sounds to me like you need a tighter angle off the fmic outlet.

If you can send me pics of what you have I may have a solution in the garage as I didn't fit mine after the testing I undertook.

Just cover postage and its yours.

I suspect you need a small 45 degree coupler off the fmic out to a 45 mandrel pipe which will "twist" round to take a route past where the the old cooler sat in a straight line and then a small straight coupler to a 45 round to the engine intake.

Its a faff and mandrel and coupler position is key in this...but it does work like this ,I have done it 3 times now!

Let me know what you need.

Cheers

Joe
Thanks for that Joey, I'll keep it in mind if this doesn't work out. This experience has taught me that I'm certainly no technician which is why I think I've smegged up somewhere, mainly because Joel designed this kit specially for the 147 facelift and has one fitted to his own car. I probably only need half an inch before everything is happy and where it needs to be. The next task will be to shave a little more off the airbox which will widen the angle of the 45 degree silicone and mandrel pipes behind the rad fan, which is the join that keeps blowing. Clearance on the left side is fine, altering anything there will cause the mandrel to foul the foglight. I think both mandrel pipes which leave the IC are fouling the bumper which is telling me that it's too far forward. Failing that I will have to move the IC back ever so slightly to create more space that way, failing that... one will not be amused.
ALFADOIT and joeymannero like this.

147 Sport Q2: Autolusso Remap + Swirl Flap & EGR Delete, Mocal Oil Cooler Kit, JTD Performance FMIC Kit + High Flow Elbow, Wizard Downpipe, PF Pads + 5.1 Fluid, Autolusso Braided Brake Lines, MTech Short-Shifter, Autolusso Silicone Turbo-to-MAF Hose, Refurbed Q2's + Some to add later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Checked and adjusted tyre pressures on all 4 corners, then rotated all wheels to even up the wear (FR to RR, RR to FL, FL to RL, RL to FR), then re-adjusted the pressures because I'm an idiot and put too much in the fronts before I re-positioned them at the rears....

Also noticed a slight oil leak on my drivers side rear shock! Another job on the list for Loz on my next trip over...

Then a quick wash and a spritz round with some Bouncers Done n' Dusted... Lovely QD spray to use, smells delicious too!
ALFADOIT and baxter2308 like this.

AO Member

County: Timiș

Member car:

156 8v

Followed this excellent guide (Infocenter replacement.) and replaced the LCD in the infocenter. Everything went well, including the soldering bit which I was rather scared of.
The screen is now bright and fade free!
(Post Link) post #2679 of 2932 Old 31-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Had a very pleasant Sunday evening detailing my GT. Always lovely to have a coffee stand back and admire your machine. Its where ideas for more perfecting pop into my head.. She is a joy to own and drive at the moment. Trip to Ned planned soon for a couple of items to be fitted. One being at the powder coaters at the moment.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41f6012c-ab91-4571-8cba-089318e19d8d_zpsydgyynwr.JPG (354.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg dea665d1-7553-4cd1-9e29-eefd7cd0b3cb_zpstzwrpxm8.jpg (97.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 2f12e2ef-12d6-40ff-a4b7-3209b79e17b9_zpsgdjxgqd7.jpg (85.2 KB, 28 views)
AO Member

County: West Cumbria
Garage
Spent the day overhauling the front suspension on the GT,since I bought it last Dec I've never been 100% happy with the handling, improved when I put 2 new tyres on the front, so had a look Friday and there was a PO bodge on the o/s damper, thread was all but gone!!! Washers and bolts all the way up and the last one barely holding damper was basically held in place by the weight of the car, so full strip down started.

o/s top wishbone was either original or very old, little resistance but I'd ordered a set anyway to fit, n/s one had been changed more recently so was in better nick but it's been swapped anyway, replacement Bilston damper installed, well a whole strut as it goes lol
So strut in top wishbones replaced on both sides along with ARB drop link and off for a run down the coast to enjoy a very solid drive, best it's ever felt since I bought it

And then sorted the front brakes on SWMBO's Landy, all in all a productive day!!

75 in 2002, 156 in 2014, GT since 2015....
AO Member

County: Dorset
I successfully fitted a brand spanking lower wishbone to my 156. God so much work! Had to take the hub nut off but got there in the end.
Mav666 and bobulon like this.
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

156 2.4 20v

Fitted a pre cat de-cat to the 2.4 and now looking at removing the rest of the silencers and cats.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

County: Cork
Garage
Voting now open for July http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/poll-...tion-vote.html (July 2016 AO Detailing Competition Vote)

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win

And August Detailing competition now open for entries http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...n-entries.html (August 2016 Detailing Competition Entries)

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car

Check out the updated rules here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...ion-rules.html (Monthly Detailing Competition Rules)
(Post Link) post #2684 of 2932 Old 03-08-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

So removed all her boot badges today for a more modded clean look. Much better.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4f706af7-facc-4676-997a-a0cfc7334ba8_zpsvuwev8l3.jpg (137.3 KB, 25 views)
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
So removed all her boot badges today for a more modded clean look. Much better. http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/image...es/thumbup.gif

Damien.
Looking awesome, could i interest you to replicate your rear light clusters for mine? I like the solid red look alot.

Cheers

County: UK
Garage
This evening I removed my aux belt on my 156 2.0 to confirm the grinding noise was not the water pump (phew), and its the idler wheel bearing so new one, belt tensioner and aux belt on the way.
All this in prep to swap my alternator....not looking forward to that job at all!

....and just bought a set of clean teledials with branded tyres for £100 to replace my scabby ones, tidy .

I have a feeling this project might get expensive!
(Post Link) post #2687 of 2932 Old 03-08-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic2115 View Post
Looking awesome, could i interest you to replicate your rear light clusters for mine? I like the solid red look alot.

Cheers
Thanks Dominic. I have a spare set i am working on at present. Not promising anything but if i have time soon i will finish them and let you know.

Damien.
AO Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic2115 View Post

Cheers
Thanks Dominic. I have a spare set i am working on at present. Not promising anything but if i have time soon i will finish them and let you know.

Damien.
Cheers ;-)
I am surprised I have never passed you considering we appear to be quiet near each other.
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

GT 1.9 16v

Today I had both driveshafts replaced as the inner cv's knocked like a b!tch. So much better now, no more knocking when rolling
Also....... quick shift is now fitted. Gear change feels a lot tighter, and the throw is considerably shorter. Might take a bit of getting used to lol.
baxter2308 likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDM

Today I added some weight to my car, the tip of my finger. Replaced the negative connection for the battery as it kept coming off. In doing so had to elongate a hole so I could fit it. Slipped and slices the tip of my finger off. Oh well who says working on cars ain't fun

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
pendragonfalls and bobulon like this.
AO Member

Member car:

GT 1.9 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_f View Post
Today I added some weight to my car, the tip of my finger. Replaced the negative connection for the battery as it kept coming off. In doing so had to elongate a hole so I could fit it. Slipped and slices the tip of my finger off. Oh well who says working on cars ain't fun

We pour our blood sweat and tears into these machines!!
AO Member

Finally finished 156 front suspension. TRW lower wishbones on, small amount of rust on inner wings. Tackled it with wire brush attachment on power drill, 5 coats of Hammerite. Lovely.
warniegt likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmerydolmeo View Post
Finally finished 156 front suspension. TRW lower wishbones on, small amount of rust on inner wings. Tackled it with wire brush attachment on power drill, 5 coats of Hammerite. Lovely.
Just went for a drive today, night and day difference. Strongflex uppers, TRW new lower arms and TRW drop links makes a 17 year old 156 feel 3 years old. Smooth but sturdy, snappy handling no creaks or clunks (although I didn't drive it hard).

ARB power flexing coming up Autolusso!
ALFADOIT likes this.
(Post Link) post #2694 of 2932 Old 10-08-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

So fitted my new boot spoiler today. I know this will not go down well on here. But i needed a bit of rear downforce to counteract the FD from the front carbon splitter. I am pleased with how it turned out. Not overly eye catching. And fits nicely to the contours of the boot.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6b7d344f-6cf6-40d5-a5fd-9d3a2f2f566d_zps1rtofmt0.jpg (84.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 3e653f53-1ce3-401a-8d67-57cce3b6d634_zps27xifsn4.jpg (99.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 90109bfc-42cf-4a39-b897-efe462efb5c8_zps2mpes2ww.jpg (108.5 KB, 25 views)
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDM

Quote:
So fitted my new boot spoiler today. I know this will not go down well on here.
I like it, suits the rear end. 👍

ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_f View Post
Quote:
So fitted my new boot spoiler today. I know this will not go down well on here.
I like it, suits the rear end. 👍

+1 I like it
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

County: Stockholm
Garage
Nothing wrong with a little boot lip spoiler
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Received some goodies from Autolusso today!

New silicone MAF to Turbo hose, and an extremely well packed set of Performance Friction brake pads

Counting down to the weekend now... In the mood for a fettle!
AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
Quote:
So removed all her boot badges today for a more modded clean look. Much better.

Damien.
Less is more.
(Post Link) post #2700 of 2932 Old 13-08-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

So after this week getting the rear under brace fitted and recently fitting the OZ wheels to my GT, an alignment check was in order. Went to Southampton to see my buddy Nick, who has been doing my cars for years. Absolute master at what he does and top bloke with it. Both front and rear were slightly out, and now the car is spot on. Amazing the improvement an alignment check can make. Nick has the latest state of the art machines, and sets up race cars to drift machines. And some super cars too. Hence why i travel so far to have my car done. Check out the Alignment centre Southampton if you need your car properly aligned. Its all Nick does so he has a world of experience.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8250fd40-28df-4314-b810-7b5225d13bb8_zps4fxdzf9r.jpg (76.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg c69ca7e7-23a3-483f-96a9-2b257226d425_zpshmgqpql9.jpg (72.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 3dbb41fd-76f8-4124-9069-6df45e8eada5_zpspi58nxkt.JPG (368.9 KB, 23 views)
pendragonfalls likes this.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today