What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 107 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Did a bit of rolling baby..

My passenger side rear new pirelli 235 is catching ever so slightly on full compression, so decided to roll the arch a bit. All done, so fingers crossed i have enough room now.

Damien.
That's an interesting contraption!! I've heard of 'rolling arches' but didn't quite understand how it was done.
ALFADOIT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2652 of 2913 Old 23-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Productive little day with the Italian batmobile. Revisited the arch catching issue. As on my way back from Heathrow on my test full compression speed dip, as you exit T5 onto the sharp bend to the M25, i got a slight catch in the arch drivers side rear. So today i had a good look again to see signs and marks of catching on the lip or inner arch. Was a small sticky out'y metal lip at the end of my arch near where it meets the bumper. So with my dremel and other areas masking taped off, i cut the strange flangy lip off. Then fully primed and painted the area. Happy days i am now 99% sure that has sorted it. ;-) Have to add my little limited edition GT tuning analogue boost gauge has been a great thing to have for monitoring off boost driving and where the meth kicks in. Always had something "GT tuning" fitted to my cars over the years. More work to be done hopefully next week, where i have come up with a way of attaching the newly adapted TTRS brake cooling ducts to my GT's lower arms. Hoping my pads from Carbotech will arrive, so i can book her in with Ned, for new front discs, pad fitment and rear ultra racing chassis brace fitting.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a3267530-65a8-4a50-b837-abc1f5447e96_zpsugarkift.jpg (79.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 670eaa5a-2a66-4f6f-9acf-a82971c188bb_zpsogpotkky.jpg (90.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 5cb4b2e6-6286-416d-8a08-cd6db42fe5a1_zpsl3iqae4y.JPG (384.5 KB, 18 views)
AussieAlex, TunHep and bobulon like this.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"

Last edited by ALFADOIT; 23-07-16 at 19:38.
(Post Link) post #2653 of 2913 Old 26-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Oh Sh'it no one has posted since my last deliverance of update!!

Another little piece of this GT mad modtastic jigsaw puzzle project came together today. More news soon.

Damien.
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDM

Forgot to add my little service in http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...2aea44a3cb.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 16v

Just picked up a short shift kit from eb spares. Hopefully will get it installed next week
edraven71, warniegt and bobulon like this.
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Fitted new oem 6 speed leather gear knob along with new leather gear and handbrake gaiters. Why the originals are PVC is beyond me on a 25k car..

Anyway despite really lifting the interior no end the gear gaiter is 1 inch smaller than the original. Has anyone else noticed this with aftermarket ones? I will email the seller as it has to sit lower on the stick exposing more of the lift-up reverse mechanism.

Also saddle soaped the seats and steering wheel to take the shine off them to help match the new gear knob.

Just wondering now weather to buy a new steering wheel in better condition then mine or weather to have mine recovered..
bobulon likes this.

3.2GT V6 - Gabbiano Blue - Jetfins - M-Tec Shortshifter - Wizard Cat Back - Rest standard
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warniegt View Post
Fitted new oem 6 speed leather gear knob along with new leather gear and handbrake gaiters. Why the originals are PVC is beyond me on a 25k car..

Anyway despite really lifting the interior no end the gear gaiter is 1 inch smaller than the original. Has anyone else noticed this with aftermarket ones? I will email the seller as it has to sit lower on the stick exposing more of the lift-up reverse mechanism.

Also saddle soaped the seats and steering wheel to take the shine off them to help match the new gear knob.

Just wondering now weather to buy a new steering wheel in better condition then mine or weather to have mine recovered..
Where did you buy the new gear knob and have you any photos of it. Mine is proper tatty and in need of replacing but can't really find any decent oem looking ones.
Cheers

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
bobulon likes this.
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Melbourne, Australia-
Garage

Member car:

2003 147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_f View Post
Where did you buy the new gear knob and have you any photos of it.
Cheers
+1
AO Silver Member

County: East Sussex
Today the old girl went in for an MOT, passed with no advisories.

Another 12 months peace of mind.

All the best

Pub
ALFADOIT and AussieAlex like this.
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Garage
Had to fit a new battery on Tuesday as the one on the car played up on Sunday morning and then finally gave up on Monday morning when I neede to get to work.

I took the old battery to my local auto electrical guys and after testing said that the charge rate looked okay so the alternator was charging it but its capacity was down to 43%. The chap said that it would probably start a petrol engined car but not a diesel, he was very right.

They had a Varta battery in stock at 82 which seemed a reasonable price for a quite big quality battery. Fitted the new battery on Tuesday morning and all was good.
edraven71 likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by pubs1nger View Post
Today the old girl went in for an MOT, passed with no advisories.

Another 12 months peace of mind.

All the best

Pub
Somehow I managed to log in with the temp account I created when we had the password problems, have to watch that one.

Pub
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Must be a good day for Alfa MOTs, I too have a pass with no advisories, looks like they missed the crack in the windscreen.

On another note, 2 of the the Torx fittings holding the bumper to the front wings have decided to fail. Looks like a nut and bolt arrangement is required I think.

AO Member

County: Durham
Just got mine back from FAST Autocare after a cambelt change. I also got some repairs to the bodywork; a scratch on the nearside rear wheel arch, and stones had worn away the back of the front nearside wheelarch - this ended up being a respray of the whole side.
Also had the brake calipers painted as they were looking ugly, black and rusty. I'm pleased with the result as red was going to be too 'stand out' for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1027a.jpg (139.6 KB, 14 views)
edraven71 and warniegt like this.
AO Member

County: -
I've never posted a lot, if ever.
But what have I done to my Alfa today?

I let my learner driver gf drive it, even with its ready to give up clutch. She was a champ (both of them).

What I did to the Alfa the other day was strip and coat the blistering alloy mirror brackets a good ol' rub down, undercoat, rub down, undercoat... etc. Ending up with satin black and looking rather fetching.

Advice on clutch fettlers in the north east of England would be fantastic :-)

I will pester the techy folk too!

Loving the feckin' thing tho'
ALFADOIT likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Daimler View Post
I've never posted a lot, if ever.
But what have I done to my Alfa today?

I let my learner driver gf drive it, even with its ready to give up clutch. She was a champ (both of them).

What I did to the Alfa the other day was strip and coat the blistering alloy mirror brackets a good ol' rub down, undercoat, rub down, undercoat... etc. Ending up with satin black and looking rather fetching.

Advice on clutch fettlers in the north east of England would be fantastic :-)

I will pester the techy folk too!

Loving the feckin' thing tho'
Where abouts in the North East are you?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
Where abouts in the North East are you?
In the heaving metropolis of Wideopen, NE13.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
We're in Cumbria, just off the A66 about 7 miles east of Penrith. Lovely drive to us from your neck of the woods, you can follow the A686 from Haydon Bridge all the way to our doorstep, Hartside pass is a great drive if you get up early enough.

What engine is your GT?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
We're in Cumbria, just off the A66 about 7 miles east of Penrith. Lovely drive to us from your neck of the woods, you can follow the A686 from Haydon Bridge all the way to our doorstep, Hartside pass is a great drive if you get up early enough.

What engine is your GT?
It is indeed a lovely route, however, the poor thing struggles with a boot full of Tesco necessities, let alone a trip over Hartside.

Ohh, I think I may have done something destructive, it's a 156 JTD 1.9... Not entirely sure where the GT came from, maybe alcohol and a previous look on ebay!!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Made an attempt to re-position my FMIC to solve an issue with one of the turbo pipe joins blowing, which was successful. But as with most problems you solve one and create another, the turbo pipe issue has been solved but now the bumper doesn't fit back on and I can't see how I can move the IC back any further to make more room. The problem is that one of the bend pipes is pressing right up against the front bumber grille so now I have a bumper held on at the sides by a few cable ties, not ideal. But as with most modifications, trial an error is to be expected.

Mr ALFADOIT how does yours fit so perfectly?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1070.JPG (282.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1073.JPG (230.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1074.JPG (258.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1075.JPG (191.9 KB, 13 views)
ALFADOIT likes this.

147 Sport Q2: Autolusso Remap + Swirl Flap & EGR Delete, Mocal Oil Cooler Kit, JTD Performance FMIC Kit + High Flow Elbow, Wizard Downpipe, PF Pads + 5.1 Fluid, Autolusso Braided Brake Lines, MTech Short-Shifter, Autolusso Silicone Turbo-to-MAF Hose, Refurbed Q2's + Some to add later.
(Post Link) post #2670 of 2913 Old 31-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter2308 View Post
Made an attempt to re-position my FMIC to solve an issue with one of the turbo pipe joins blowing, which was successful. But as with most problems you solve one and create another, the turbo pipe issue has been solved but now the bumper doesn't fit back on and I can't see how I can move the IC back any further to make more room. The problem is that one of the bend pipes is pressing right up against the front bumber grille so now I have a bumper held on at the sides by a few cable ties, not ideal. But as with most modifications, trial an error is to be expected.

Mr ALFADOIT how does yours fit so perfectly?
Hi Mate

Yes mine fit fine. I think i have more room on the GT. The front bumper brace bar had to be cut somewhat though. Did you have a word with Joel on the fitment?

Damien.
baxter2308 likes this.
(Post Link) post #2671 of 2913 Old 31-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Time for a change chaps, need to sit in something different.

Damien.
baxter2308 likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Quote:

Damien.
That's cryptic.
ALFADOIT likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Quote:

Damien.
New seats?
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Photos are not well lit bud..

Sounds to me like you need a tighter angle off the fmic outlet.

If you can send me pics of what you have I may have a solution in the garage as I didn't fit mine after the testing I undertook.

Just cover postage and its yours.

I suspect you need a small 45 degree coupler off the fmic out to a 45 mandrel pipe which will "twist" round to take a route past where the the old cooler sat in a straight line and then a small straight coupler to a 45 round to the engine intake.

Its a faff and mandrel and coupler position is key in this...but it does work like this ,I have done it 3 times now!

Let me know what you need.

Cheers

Joe
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Damien is fitting eames chairs to his GT....!!
edraven71 likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today