What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 106 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

(Post Link) post #2626 of 2909 Old 13-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Deflowered my clover today. The front wing clover triangles looked wrong with her new wheels so they had to go. Much simpler cleaner look. She has taken on her own identity now. I fully appreciate and respect it will not be to everyone's liking.
Also ordered a few chassis and brake mods. Looking forward to getting back on track soon too.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eece0d33-4adb-4710-bae1-fcfb2367806d_zpsnlqudori.jpg (84.7 KB, 38 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Stockholm
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Deflowered my clover today. The front wing clover triangles looked wrong with her new wheels so they had to go. Much simpler cleaner look. She has taken on her own identity now. I fully appreciate and respect it will not be to everyone's liking.
Also ordered a few chassis and brake mods. Looking forward to getting back on track soon too.

Damien.
Who cares if some people don't like it? You're already running a custom beast! So why start caring now?

Looking lovely as always btw! :P

As for me I will be ordering a full timing and balance belt kit plus water pump next week. Hopefully fit it the following weekend ready for a lovely drive 5-6hrs up the coast to Skuleskogen to go camping for a few days and hopefully see some brown bears and enjoy some beers with a dear friend of mine who is over from Aus.
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Little hole in the center silencer, no bigger than a finger nail. Enough though, to sound terrible.

Wrapped one of those 'Holts Gun Gum Flexiwrap Silencer Repair' jobbies from Helfrauds around it.

Ten minute job, noise levels at acceptable range, sorted
bobulon likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Quote:

Damien.
That paint shine is obscene so stop it right now, you're making my Q2 look bad.

Although I'm slowly catching you up with the mods, apart from the water-methanol injection, and Eibachs, and a hybrid turbo, and an SMF, and Brembos and don't forget the bloody whiskers!!

In perspective, catching that GT is beginning to feel futile.

Enjoy!

ALFADOIT likes this.
(Post Link) post #2630 of 2909 Old 14-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter2308 View Post
That paint shine is obscene so stop it right now, you're making my Q2 look bad.

Although I'm slowly catching you up with the mods, apart from the water-methanol injection, and Eibachs, and a hybrid turbo, and an SMF, and Brembos and don't forget the bloody whiskers!!

In perspective, catching that GT is beginning to feel futile.

Enjoy!

Lol..Thanks buddy, I will take that as a compliment..

Fitted a little voltage meter in the boot area today. Been meaning to do this for a while now.. Comes on when i open the boot too.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bf6fa801-6687-496c-9f67-5e5cd8969ca8_zps98wzo6hd.JPG (393.0 KB, 24 views)
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDM

Quote:
Lol..Thanks buddy, I will take that as a compliment..

Fitted a little voltage meter in the boot area today. Been meaning to do this for a while now.. Comes on when i open the boot too.

Damien.
That's a quality little mod

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDM

Removed both door seals and reseated them. Solved the ridiculous road noise issue I had.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Oil and oil filter this morning...

Tried a Mann branded filter for the first time too.. Have stuck to Genuine brand from Shop4Parts up till today... Little shorter than the genuine brand, but feels just as heavy!

Also finally braved refitting my decat downpipe... Found sooty witness marks around the seal gasket inside the v-band clamp too, so good thing I had a spare gasket to seal that leak up! I mangled the old gasket on my first fitting and hammered it back flat to refit, so knew I'd have to sort it eventually...
ALFADOIT, baxter2308 and bobulon like this.
MLC
AO Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

147 JTD

Turned my 147 into a van - all you need is an 8mm allen, 15mm spanner and 10 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160716_170017084.jpg (107.5 KB, 18 views)
bobulon likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
just a clean today, But have some poly bushes for the upper wishbones that will be going on in the next few days..

I do now have an smf and gta clutch and also had the turbo vnt re-calibrated, the result of the two mods is amazing , much revvier freer feel to the car, also took the anti shudder flap out and feel i am finally ''there'' with the car..

oddly though..

thinking of selling as I have a ''petrol itch'' I need to scratch...the car is truly awesome but have driven a few petrol's recently and miss the longer rev range and the sound...would consider a swap for a Busso engine'd car me thinks...as long as its as mechanically sound as mine.
bobulon likes this.

GT blackline,Bilstien B12's and Eibach Anti roll bar kit,Quaife Diff,Autolusso performance pads, de-cat downpipe,hybrid turbo,stage one clutch,autolusso re-map, swirl flap and egr delete, leon cupra front splitter,novitec light covers,simone racing gear knob.
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymannero View Post
just a clean today, But have some poly bushes for the upper wishbones that will be going on in the next few days..
Grease them well!

Mine are squeaking like crazy! Zero play, but make an awful racket going over bumps!
joeymannero likes this.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Grease them well!

Mine are squeaking like crazy! Zero play, but make an awful racket going over bumps!

snap...

fecking maintenance on these cars is silly sometimes....
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Went to look at houses today.. We all know what that means! Hmm what to do..
AO Member

County: Dorset
Removed lower wishbones from my 156 today. Actually was quite easy, sure getting them back in wont be!

Any tips on removing bushes and fitting new ones? Yellow strongflex on their way!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstcaralfa View Post
Went to look at houses today.. We all know what that means! Hmm what to do..

either your OH is ''in the family way'' or you are in for a year of interior design DIY nightmare, or both.

on the bright side if you capitulate on the house thing she may turn a blind eye to some car expenditure..
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymannero View Post
either your OH is ''in the family way'' or you are in for a year of interior design DIY nightmare, or both.

on the bright side if you capitulate on the house thing she may turn a blind eye to some car expenditure..

Hahaha she's not too fussed what I spend on the car tbh, I'll give her that.

More like moolah needed for a hefty deposit..
ALFADOIT likes this.
(Post Link) post #2642 of 2909 Old 17-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Given my baby a bit of a classic Alfa/ferrari makeover with heritage Italian Ansa exhaust tailpipes..

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a70e2376-8a8d-4656-b819-ff468fb6325a_zpsymwxrbvx.JPG (309.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 2c7d0f0e-0281-4007-942c-75681fd3bbbd_zpsbmje81ou.JPG (384.2 KB, 11 views)
AO Member

County: Gauteng
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGTV View Post
Easy fix!!!
Disconnect the cable and turn the switch 1/4 turn. Should then pull out. Work the plunger in and out. If it still doesn't operate properly you can take the switch apart (just watch out for the spring inside!!) With mine I just cleaned the plunger of the gunk/glue that had gone solid. Rebuilt it and it worked a treat!!!
Thanks for the advice, actually (along with replacing the pollen filters) one of the easier jobs I've done on the GT. Switch was fine, just a gap between the pedal mechanism and switch which I fixed with some double sided tape and a piece of plastic....

All working now.

LittleGTV likes this.
(Post Link) post #2644 of 2909 Old 18-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Did a bit of rolling baby..

My passenger side rear new pirelli 235 is catching ever so slightly on full compression, so decided to roll the arch a bit. All done, so fingers crossed i have enough room now.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bde1beeb-5eed-4914-8a96-fde6c0becf67_zpsdk9xc1um.jpg (79.5 KB, 30 views)
AO Member

County: Halland
Garage
Quote:
Did a bit of rolling baby..

My passenger side rear new pirelli 235 is catching ever so slightly on full compression, so decided to roll the arch a bit. All done, so fingers crossed i have enough room now.

Damien.
Had the same problem, only the passenger rear was catching slightly, running pirelli 255 with 5 mil spacers though rolled them a bit and all is fine now, even with the boot full with 240 beercans from germany to sweden without any problems..

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk
ALFADOIT and AussieAlex like this.
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Given my baby a bit of a classic Alfa/ferrari makeover with heritage Italian Ansa exhaust tailpipes..

Damien.
Like those. Had ANSA exhaust on my old GTV6 and loved them. Are these just tips? How far back do they go?
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Melbourne, Australia-
Garage

Member car:

2003 147 GTA

Quote:

Damien.
dam, where did you get em? Can't find those with the red interior online. Will that colour last or burn off?
AO Member

County: Stockholm
Garage
Fitted a desperately needed new headunit today to replace the ancient Pioneer one that some previous owner had installed at some point. Fitted a JVC KD-R871BT and couldn't be happier. Finally have bluetooth for music and phone calls (mic included with HU) along with a USB port for charging/music play and an AUX port if for some reason I can't use BT. Nice upgrade from the ancient Pioneer which only did radio and CD!

And thanks to having an aftermarket HU already installed it was as simple as removing the Pioneer unit, changing the ISO adapter for the JVC one and then whacking the JVC unit in!

Current
2000 Alfa 156 Sportwagon 2.0 TS CF3

Previous
2002 Alfa GTV 2.0 TS CF3
1983 Porsche 944
AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
Big drive today on a5 to a49. Usually i do all my driving on dual carriageway and forgot that my car can actually get a move on through the twisty bits and shows a good turn of speed for over taking. Prior to today i was thinking of getting an lpg jaguar xj rather than put another mot on the 156 but the jag would have sucked today compared to the Alfa. Really enjoyed thrashing the 5hit out of it. The car seemed to love it too and is running better than ever!
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

Not quite today but drove the GT to Normandy on Thursday via Dover-Calais. Spent yesterday visited Pegasus Bridge and some of the D-Day beaches, plus the British cemetery at Ranville which was pretty moving. We are off to Brittany today where we are spending the next couple of weeks. I love driving the GT in France!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today