What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 104 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

AO Member

County: West Cumbria
Garage
On it, should be here tomorrow and I've left the bottom cover off after lashing the old one with gaffa tape
joeymannero likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

GT Blackline

Picked up new turbo for the GT today all fitted and back .to normal. No more driving about in works tranny van.
bobulon likes this.
AO Member

County: Halland
Garage
From the westcoast of Sweden to a lap on the ring and then on to Sarajevo, 2485km and not a single hickup.. who said the that Alfas weren't reliable? 😠

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...629db7a224.jpg

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
went down to Autolusso in Bourenmouth today..Turbo off and over to Turbo dynamics in Christchurch for a look at the VNT and stop screw calibration, once again it was noted that the variances on the Garret factory spec is HUGE! some adjustments were made and i am happy to report it has been a great success , the turbo pulls harder and stronger for longer, throughout the rev range...the car feels like it has gained another 20 HP! spool is now happening at around 1600-1700 rpm so the car is now on boost a good 300 rpm earlier than before.

well worthwhile looking at this again, so thanks to all the lads at AL Bournemouth for getting the turbo off in double quick time ,lending me a giggle of a GTV to drive over to Christchurch with the Turbo and putting the whole car back together with fresh oil ,filter a nice clean K&N and also removing the anti shudder flap from inside the inlet mani....needless to say the car is EPIC!..

I also bought a set of powerflex bushes for my upper wishbones (which I promptly left behind)

also thanks to Matt at TD for good advice and getting the re-calibration of the turbo spot on!

Now very much looking forward to Friday when I go to Autolusso in Houghton Regis for my GTA clutch and SMF kit and a bit of mapping, happy days!

GT blackline,Bilstien B12's and Eibach Anti roll bar kit,Quaife Diff,Autolusso performance pads, de-cat downpipe,hybrid turbo,stage one clutch,autolusso re-map, swirl flap and egr delete, leon cupra front splitter,novitec light covers,simone racing gear knob.
AO Member

County: Anglia

Member car:

156 SW 2.0 JTS

Here's something different.
Today in my Alfa I did ....................... Nothing!
Nothing needs doing. Nothing wrong with it. It's a gem. 🙂
Long may it continue.
Now the Fiat............that's starting to fall apart 😢
AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notstratos View Post
Here's something different.
Today in my Alfa I did ....................... Nothing!
Nothing needs doing. Nothing wrong with it. It's a gem. 🙂
Long may it continue.
Now the Fiat............that's starting to fall apart 😢
Yer tempting fate there. I eagerly await your next post concerning a major catastrophe
RikTD likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Watching it bead beautifully
AO Member

County: West Cumbria
Garage
Had a very wet 15 mins under the car at 8am to fit the new lower turbo hose before I headed off for work lol All ready for Saturday now That's if anyone turns up
bobulon likes this.
AO Member

Garage
Last night, I attempted to diagnose the problem with the front fog lights. No power, no led light on the button, and no click from the relay. The bulbs are intact, leads connected. Found the relay in the glove box, pulled it out, put it on again. Still no fog lights.
This morning, I powered her up to go to work. There's a warning notice. "No connection" The Handbrake and ABS warning lights are on. No speedo. The car drove fine other wise.

Any thoughts anyone?

Update 4th July 2016.
After wondering what I could do next, the warning notices disappear. She's all running fine and strong again.
pendragonfalls likes this.

Last edited by RikTD; 04-07-16 at 10:31.

County: Cork
Garage
Voting now open for June http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/poll-...tion-vote.html (June 2016 AO Detailing Competition Vote)

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win

And July Detailing competition now open for entries http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...n-entries.html (July 2016 Detailing Competition Entries)

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if your car looks good take some pics & submit them

Check out the updated rules here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...ion-rules.html (Monthly Detailing Competition Rules)
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonfalls View Post
Not surprisingly, the lack of a CD drive makes it a lot lighter. 1.1Kg v 2.1Kg

Best upgrade from the stock head though, which is well outdated at this stage.
Works very well with the Bose amp.
Here's mine, http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...l#post13599633 (What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today?)
(Post Link) post #2587 of 2913 Old 01-07-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Collected my lovely new OZ superleggera's from the refurbishers. Dark Porsche silver with machined outer lips. Limited edition centre badges wrapped in Pirelli P zero's. Oh and lighter weight than my 18's. Love the cars new look. Car looks a bit high on her coilovers as i had just taken her off the Jacks..

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45442165-a44d-4c6c-877e-7cbf50777013_zpsm3heeofx.jpg (128.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg c2e6aa9e-815f-4dfa-94fe-653148f482dc_zps3lvxav1f.jpg (90.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 247cff57-30d5-41de-b776-e7d337b5f0a3_zpsp2hejlnl.jpg (121.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by ALFADOIT; 01-07-16 at 21:22.
sye
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Looking good
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

I put a new pair of HID bulbs in (old ballasts still OK) - one of the old ones had gone off colour (buy cheap buy twice seems to be the case here). Looking good so far (it's still daylight yet, so I'll see what the light output and aim is like when I take it out tonight for a look see.
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDM

Removed the door card on the GT to see if I can solve the window not moving issue, took apart the control unit to see if was alright. found no obvious problem so replaced the door card. Then set about fixing my boot release. Now have a working boot, no working window and a list as long as your arm for bulbs to replace.
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Bought a new exhaust
AussieAlex and baxter2308 like this.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikTD View Post
Last night, I attempted to diagnose the problem with the front fog lights. No power, no led light on the button, and no click from the relay. The bulbs are intact, leads connected. Found the relay in the glove box, pulled it out, put it on again. Still no fog lights.
This morning, I powered her up to go to work. There's a warning notice. "No connection" The Handbrake and ABS warning lights are on. No speedo. The car drove fine other wise.

Any thoughts anyone?
I had similar problems with the fogs. Everything was fine, and the lights could be activated if the car was connected to the diag at the dealers.
Turned out that the body computer was shagged. Got a used one, with ECU and ignition barrel. All's well now.

I had a few other random symptoms as well, including but not limited to, interior lights not fading on and off, ecu was reporting glow plug failure (its a JTS).. Strange electrical gremlins indeed, but it always drove perfectly.
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Gave it a much needed wash!

Another 2500 miles worth of filth rinsed off onto the drive!

Ran out of QD spray too, so finished with a coat of Cherry Glaze instead.. Forgot how nice this stuff is to use, smells lovely too!

Ordered a bottle of Bouncers Done & Dusted for next time though... Just need to get some more shampoo in now before I run out!

Oil change next weekend, and I be re-fitting my decat downpipe whilst it's on the stands too! Then to continue my slow accumulation of parts for the 4-corner brake job coming up..

Got rear discs, 4xbraided hoses, a couple of tins of brake cleaner spray, and a fresh bottle of Castrol React Dot4 fluid all in the garage ready to go... Need to pick up front discs, front and rear pads (probably go with Performance Friction up front, Mintex standard at the back)... Then some gloss black caliper paint to tart her up a bit!

Will be nice to be rid of the damned annoying squeal when baking I currently have! Ceratec on all the slidey things!!!

AO Silver Member

ed, don't do performance friction, cold grab is not good mate, EBC yellow stuff may well be a better choice...
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymannero View Post
ed, don't do performance friction, cold grab is not good mate, EBC yellow stuff may well be a better choice...
Really?!?

First bad thing I've heard about PF pads!
AO Silver Member

I have em, great when warm but if like me its a 30mph limit to the left and a 40mph to the right its a pain as it takes a bit of ''spirited driving '' to get them warm but you cant drive that all the time...!
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDM

Managed to fix my window with 2 staples. The two grey wire connectors were a bit tarnished, so cleaned them up still didn't work, so bridges the little gap between them with two staples. New connector block ordered hopefully proper fix next week.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
AO Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 16v

Just recently had a rear wheel bearing and powerflex rear ARB bushes fitted, car is SO much quieter now! Off to EB Spares in a few hours to pick up a replacement exterior door handle hinge.
AO Gold Member

Flexi exhaust pipe went on the GT yesterday. Sounds quite nice, but I suppose I'll have to source one.

OEM ones are around €200, but I saw this one from Germany on ebay. Anyone have any experience of the seller..??

Flexrohr Flammrohr Hosenrohr Alfa Romeo GT 2 0 JTS NEU | eBay
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Garage
Not today, last Wednesday as it happens but it was cam belt time so headed off to Norwich to Alfashop. Excellent service as per usual from the Alfashop guys, thanks chaps.

Followed on Friday by a pair of new front boots, decided to go for a pair of Uniroyal Rain Sport 3's. With the torential rain that we have been getting they have been pretty handy. The 215/45/17's appear to be a little fuller/fatter than others so might provide some additional rim protection.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today