What have you done to your Alfa 147/156/GT today? - Page 100 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1173Likes

AO Member

County: Hants

Member car:

GT...Golf GT

A mate of mine has managed to sew the split in my drivers seat bolster back together.
I'm now applying colour restorer, but it'll need a few more layers yet by the looks of it.
The car is not on its side btw, the photo insists on coming out in landscape format on here!
bobulon likes this.

Last edited by Alfa Seltzer; 18-09-16 at 23:34.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Renfrewshire
Garage
Well, after spending most of Sunday washing and polishing my 156 i managed to change the glow plugs today. All 4 came out fairly easy and now the flashing coil symbol is no more
(Post Link) post #2478 of 2909 Old 24-05-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunty View Post
Saw your GT at Autolusso today Damien. I haven't stopped drooling yet...

Made the drive home in mine an odd mix of excitement at what I could do and depression at the lack of funds
Hi Mate did you have the blue GT..?

Thanks for the compliment. Hey all good aspirations become reality.

Damien.
hunty likes this.

County: -

Member car:

Gt 3.2 v6 05

Took mine for a service and spark plug change before getting into a 45 minute discussion which led to me pretty sure my life needs a wizard setup... anyone done one?
AussieAlex likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Quote:
Saw your GT at Autolusso today Damien. I haven't stopped drooling yet...

Made the drive home in mine an odd mix of excitement at what I could do and depression at the lack of funds http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Hi Mate did you have the blue GT..? http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/image...es/thumbup.gif

Thanks for the compliment. Hey all good aspirations become reality.

Damien.
Yep. That was me. Wish I could have stayed a little longer and had been able to chat.

But having seen your GT in photos and having now seen it in the metal , I can honestly say that it's absolutely stunning.
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Just picked up a brand new Bosch MAF sensor, for.... 23 delivered....

Was listed for a 1.3 JTDm Mito, but part numbers on the box and the sensor itself exactly match what I have already got installed so I figured I'd risk it!

Might as well get an Autolusso silicone MAF>Turbo hose and complete my full set AL Silicone induction hoses and install it all together!
AussieAlex likes this.
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Just picked up a brand new Bosch MAF sensor, for.... 23 delivered....

Was listed for a 1.3 JTDm Mito, but part numbers on the box and the sensor itself exactly match what I have already got installed so I figured I'd risk it!

Might as well get an Autolusso silicone MAF>Turbo hose and complete my full set AL Silicone induction hoses and install it all together!
Result!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic2115 View Post
Result!
If it fits...

The Alfa part number is different, the Bosch number matches... So I reckon the sensor element is exactly the same... Fingers crossed the housing is as well... Looks the same visually, same bolt holes and attachments... Hopefully it's not a few mm slimmer!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
If it fits...

The Alfa part number is different, the Bosch number matches... So I reckon the sensor element is exactly the same... Fingers crossed the housing is as well... Looks the same visually, same bolt holes and attachments... Hopefully it's not a few mm slimmer!
Usually you can remove the sensor from it's housing. Most are held in with 5 point anti tamper torx screws.
These may come in handy...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverhill-...s=torx+5+point
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mymatemarmite View Post
Usually you can remove the sensor from it's housing. Most are held in with 5 point anti tamper screws.
These may come in handy...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverhill-...s=torx+5+point
Not my one - it's the version where the element is formed right into the housing... like this - https://cdn.autoteilexxl.de/thumb/?m...1150850&lng=en
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Not my one - it's the version where the element is formed right into the housing... like this - https://cdn.autoteilexxl.de/thumb/?m...1150850&lng=en
Ah ok.
Hopefully the one you have ordered will fit then.
(Post Link) post #2487 of 2909 Old 27-05-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
Yep. That was me. Wish I could have stayed a little longer and had been able to chat.

But having seen your GT in photos and having now seen it in the metal , I can honestly say that it's absolutely stunning.
Thanks mate. Hopefully have a chat next time eh.

Damien.
AO Gold Member

County: Berkshire
yesterday a blipping sun visor made a 'SNAP!' noise and now point to half past six only... some say it might the sign of the age...

Spent couple of hours searching web and looks like it's a situation of replacement, not repair. Still, will try to open it and play with it, since there is nothing to lose (while searching for a replacement)
AO Member

Sold it picking up new car on Friday
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Washed and waxed it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160528_203506_1464465269072.jpg (81.5 KB, 13 views)
ALFADOIT and bobulon like this.
AO Member

County: Durham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnovice View Post
yesterday a blipping sun visor made a 'SNAP!' noise and now point to half past six only... some say it might the sign of the age...

Spent couple of hours searching web and looks like it's a situation of replacement, not repair. Still, will try to open it and play with it, since there is nothing to lose (while searching for a replacement)
Mine broke a short while ago. After trying to take it apart and realising the vinyl was sealed, I ended up buying another 2nd hand.

Overtaking a slow-coach yesterday, I suddenly had billows of smoke pouring out of the back. Short trip to get home, no lights on dash or loss of power. I suspect something has gone around the oil filter area, dripping onto the exhaust. Not sure I should drive it or get it recovered to a garage?
Bit embarrassing with a trail of oil down the road leading to my driveway
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnish3 View Post
Mine broke a short while ago. After trying to take it apart and realising the vinyl was sealed, I ended up buying another 2nd hand.

Overtaking a slow-coach yesterday, I suddenly had billows of smoke pouring out of the back. Short trip to get home, no lights on dash or loss of power. I suspect something has gone around the oil filter area, dripping onto the exhaust. Not sure I should drive it or get it recovered to a garage?
Bit embarrassing with a trail of oil down the road leading to my driveway
Where's the oil coming from?

Not uncommon for the oil-cooler unions to fail and dump the oil out... Not heard of this causing billows of smoke though, and if it had dumped the oil out you'd get an oil pressure warning on the dash...

Billowing smoke with some oily mess could be a turbo-hose blowing off, but you'd almost certainly feel that as a big reduction in power and a whistly noise..

I wouldn't start the engine until I'd checked oil level and found out where it's leaking out from... Any sign of level loss in the sump or leaky oil cooler and I'd get it recovered to the garage.

AO Member

I just swapped the cars round, putting mine in the garage as quick as I could. Constant trickle of oil has made a mess wherever I drive. Daren't drive it now.
All I can see is the oily mess below the filter but there's plenty of hoses down there with the exhaust front pipe below. The sump also dripping in oil. Dash still says full oil level, don't trust that.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
started to check on-line and seems that prices are something from 12 to 35 quid. Does it sound right?
(Post Link) post #2495 of 2909 Old 29-05-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Proper love driving my GT Looking forward to my track day next week. That is all..

ps. Fitted new 2016 Alfa badges. Not sure, think i prefer the original classic badge.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91439faf-ce25-44fb-8123-713a56596321_zps5ueeeepr.jpg (163.1 KB, 20 views)

Member car:

Gt 3.2 v6 05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Proper love driving my GT http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/image...es/driving.gif Looking forward to my track day next week. That is all..http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/image...es/thumbup.gif

ps. Fitted new 2016 Alfa badges. Not sure, think i prefer the original classic badge.

Damien.
How easy is it yo change the badges, when i bought mine the guy had put stick on black and silver badges on which dont get me wrong really suit mine as ive got gabbianno blue and blue leather but he went cheap on them and id like to put it right. Wheels are easy as i can just buy new center pieces. Its the frint and back.... the steering wheel also
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnovice View Post
started to check on-line and seems that prices are something from 12 to 35 quid. Does it sound right?
There's a few on fleabay. I paid 20 inc del. for one listed as for 147 and was an easy swap.
Alternatively Matchapart.com

Oops, just noticed you have 156. Can anyone advise if it's the same part?
ARnovice likes this.
(Post Link) post #2498 of 2909 Old 30-05-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

In the final stages of fitting my new rear internal brace bar. Managed to get myself some brackets that attached to the now redundant seat mounting bracket mountings. Obviously removing the brackets and replacing with my bar receiver brackets. Then modified the plastic trim to accept the bracket and bar access. All looking pretty neat so far. And the shiny alu bar is a lovely feature in and out the car. As well as having a purpose. My last coupe had an oem brace bar and many of the fitting ideas i got from that.

Damien.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d74e6c65-ffbd-4a36-b665-275cde944267_zpszm0v8ig6.jpg (122.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 691df832-dc45-461a-a2e4-233e40b5c4ca_zps7zfnhzlw.jpg (117.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 74247c5a-cbc5-4575-88ed-1e828c3b592e_zpsynfu2ylu.jpg (95.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 091ed9af-8d22-4330-bbd4-f95c70de6ccf_zpsxlvgqakc.jpg (108.7 KB, 18 views)
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

Quote:
I just swapped the cars round, putting mine in the garage as quick as I could. Constant trickle of oil has made a mess wherever I drive. Daren't drive it now.
All I can see is the oily mess below the filter but there's plenty of hoses down there with the exhaust front pipe below. The sump also dripping in oil. Dash still says full oil level, don't trust that.
Have you checked the oil filter has not come loose. Had this on my V6 a couple of years ago, was loosing oil and a bit of a mess underneath. Was expecting a big bill but when I got underneath found the filter was loose. Lucikly I found it before it got any worse....
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
There's a few on fleabay. I paid 20 inc del. for one listed as for 147 and was an easy swap.
Alternatively Matchapart.com

Oops, just noticed you have 156. Can anyone advise if it's the same part?
looks different from what I see, but I got the drift. Thanks.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , alfa , or gt , thread , today