Badger cull! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 25-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

Badger cull!

So there I was really enjoying my late evening drive home from town when this kamikaze Badger decides to take it's own life and part of my front bumper with it!!! Not sure what other damage has been done but after a good look under the car it doesn't look as bad as I first feared. Now I've started the whole insurance ball rolling but as the car didn't cost me too much money and I have a spare bumper of so I was just thinking about plan B. The spare is a different colour so my questions are; is it possible for me to prime the spare and how do I do that? I'd like to do as much of the work as possible myself 1 to save money and 2 I enjoy learning new things. Your good advice please would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
I wouldn't even bother telling the insurance company .. they jack up the costs for sneezing in their direction.

Rub the bumper down with wet&dry using soap and water (seriously!) so it's matt all over and prime with plastic primer. A good hi-build primer will fill in any imperfections. And a rub down between coats will get rid of runs, etc.

As for top coats, depends on colour but most paints are now water-based and need a clearcoat to provide the shine. Get the paint matched at a reputable paintshop who can put in it pots for a spraygun/compressor or aerosols.

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.
AO Member
County: East Sussex
Just working on a paper stating a badger cull is must be carried out . More evedence in my favour
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 26-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

Thanks Gazza82, think I'll give that a go...and yeah the insurance company are already annoying me :-)
AO Member
County: -
Poor old Badger, have a heart.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

badger , cull