2002 156 JTD indicator intermittent problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 14-06-14 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

2002 156 JTD indicator intermittent problem

So I have this 2002 (facelift interior) Alfa 156 1.9 JTD 8V and the indicators are flashing too fast yet hazards are working correctly.

All the bulbs seem to be good (I think hazards working correctly sort of proves it)
I have swapped indicator relay in the stalk (no effect).

Both left and right are flashing too fast. It seems like the first tick flashes for correct duration but all subsequent ones are way too fast.

I have the eLearn disk and have been trying to understand the electrical schematics, but I can't put my finger on what really goes wrong and where. There have been suggestions that some wonky NC connection could be the problem, but if I understand the schematics correctly, both hazards and indicators use the same NC, so I guess that is ruled out.

I am open for suggestions. I would like to gather them all up, because if they involve removing the stalk unit, I would like to try them all at once (as removing the stalk is a bit of a pain and long task).

I am also open for some better (human readable) schematics (if anyone has a proper service manual for example).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 2002 , indicator , intermittent , jtd , problem