Connect Nav+ Weirdness - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 09-01-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Connect Nav+ Weirdness

Hey guys,

Some funny behaviour on my Connect Nav+ happened the other day.

You know on start-up you get the Alfa logo on the screen and then you get some health and safety jibberish about using your common sense when using the sat nav.

Well the other day mine was stuck in a loop between these two 'screens'.
The Alfa logo would stay there for a few seconds, then the warning text for a few seconds then the Alfa logo again and so on.
None of the buttons worked, so couldn't switch to any of the other screens like Radio, Sat Nav etc. Tried to turn the engine on and off, but it was still stuck in the loop of the Alfa logo and the warning text. I then drove the car for about 20 minutes - parked, and when I came back a few hours later everything was back to normal.

Anyone seen similar behaviour? For now I guess I'll put it down to the infamous electrical gremlins and the wet weather...
Is it anything to worry about?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

A Fiat

Re: Connect Nav+ Weirdness

Mine did exactly the same thing last summer, I tried everything, took the unit out, disconnected everything, checked the wiring, plugged it all back in, the same, disconnected the battery overnight, same thing, pulled some fuses out, reinserted them, same thing, shouted at it and threatened it with a screwdriver, no difference.

I booked the car in at Mangoletsi to get it looked at, and the day before it was due to go in it started to work ok and has been fine since

If it happens again, give it a few days and it might sort itself out.......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

connect , nav , weirdness