Almost back on the road. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member
County: Lincolnshire
Almost back on the road.

So, for the last four weeks I have been rebuilding my GT!

I was due a clutch change, although working fine bite was at the top. I already had the clutch and fly wheel sitting in my garage that I bought from Alfa Shop when I bought the car - I new I would need it so thought while I have the cash I will store it.

So in the end I decided to remove the sub frame, clean it all up, grease up most of the bolts etc etc and just take a little extra time and do it with a lot of pride - if ta get me.

I also decided to change the wishbones, upper and lower. Did not do the ARBushes and they looked mint, in fact I think the previous owner already changed them. - He prob did the upper and lower wishbones too lol......but I wanted to play!

All back together, just need mot and Tax now....darn it. Cant wait to drive it, however...probably not....but after a long hard think I may sell it. I will only cover 3k a year in the car as its not used daily anymore. At the same time it does really owe me happy just to use it for those events when I need to......Not going for a 3.2 as much as I would love to.

Also anyone replacing upper wishbones, take out the metal and grease them up, the difference is outstanding....... go and finish off my beers.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTDm

Once u get it all sorted mate u will start using it in conjunction with your daily car. Just bring it out on nice days. The gt is to nice to not use everyday. Dont get rid cos all the hard work u put into it would just be a shame for u not to enjoy your hard work.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

back , road