Been playing with plastidip again... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Been playing with plastidip again...

Wanted a change from the black (see avatar) thats been on for a few years now. Brake dust on the wheels, that seemed to stain the rubber, meant it never looked clean.

Car has done 107k and is a 2006. The lacquer on the wheels and some bodywork has peeled and the front is stone-chipped to death. If I peeled the plastidip off, the car would look rather aged and tired. The plastidip disguises this very well and is great at protecting whats underneath.

I had 8 cans of black left over and did a deal with an ebay chap. Basically swapped my black for his 'gun metal grey' plus 50 for his trouble. 8 cans from plastidip will cost you about 100.
I sprayed over the black. It went on so easily and required very little paint to cover the black. I did the whole front, rear, wheels and wing mirrors, with just 5 cans! I originally used probably 12/14 cans of black, but spraying over plastidip seems to need minimal volume of paint to change colour. I didn't expect that.

I expected gun metal grey to be darker, but battle ship grey would be quite an accurate colour description. Its slowly growing on me and i wanted it to stand out a bit less. The option to remove it all, just isn't really an option anymore without uncovering some fairly tired looking bodywork.

(I also have a fly-eyes kit on the front and rear lights)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.1.jpg (85.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 2.2.jpg (96.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 3.3.jpg (91.4 KB, 32 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
Not to my personal taste, looks a bit like an unfinished paint job in typical primer colour.

Nice to see something different being tried though.

[color=gray]Sent from Free App[/color]

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

plastidip , playing