Bonnet Microswitch - Alfa GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Bristol

Member car:

Alfa GT

Bonnet Microswitch - Alfa GT

Hi All

Have had the extra two flashes after the main flash (upon locking) for a while now.

Knowing that the boot/doors correctly register when they are open I have turned my attention to the bonnet.

The mechanisms are greased, but I have just cleaned them down a little and regreased. However I notice that when I lock the car with bonnet open and either pressing/not pressing the microswitch it still flashes twice after the main flash. However with the bonnet open, it doesn't register on the dash display that the bonnet is open.

So do I have a faulty microswitch (it moves freely by hand and clicks), also if I lock the car then constantly keep clicking the microswitch on/off/on/off e.t.c, then the indicators flash on and off after about 5-10 seconds.

Oh and the main arm that should make contact with the microswitch does move (putting a screwdriver horizontal to act like the bonnet plunger) , but even with a reasonable amount of force (with a little fear of having my fingers snapped off), I couldnt quite make it touch the microswitch, but possibly the fear factor!

What seems to be my problem? and if the car does think the bonnet is open, why doesnt the onboard computer register that? Odd?

Current Italian Cars:-
2004 Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 JTS
Previous Italian Cars :-
2003 Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa
2006 Alfa Brera 2.2 SV JTS
1999 Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD
2005 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 JTS Veloce
2004 Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTD
2001 Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 Lusso
2002 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 JTS
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

Have you checked the code when you unlock the car to identify which sensor the car thinks is at fault?

When you unlock the car again look carefully at the dashboard door lock button light and it will flash a certain number of times to tell you which sensor in the alarm system didn't work when you locked it.

I've had same problem on a 156 and my current GT, from what I can deduce, these are standard codes across most of the Alfa vehicle range, here is the list from the GT handbook:

1 flash = one or more doors
2 flashes = tailgate
3 = bonnet
4 = ultrasound interior sensors
5 = abnormal car lifting/tilting
6 = tampering with starting cables
7 = tampering with battery cables or emergency key cables
8 = connection line to sensors and siren
9 = at least three of the above!

Once you have identified the faulty sensor from the code, go ahead and investigate the problem area.

(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 03-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Bristol

Member car:

Alfa GT

Thanks hologram, sorry for the delay in coming back.

Turns out its the tailgate but bit of a strange one as the car correctly identifies when the boot is open via the onboard computer and the light also comes on when expected.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , bonnet , microswitch