GT 3.2 Custom ECU Tune - Tunehouse Sydney NSW - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 19-05-14 Thread Starter
County: New South Wales

Member car:

2007 GT 3.2 V6

GT 3.2 Custom ECU Tune - Tunehouse Sydney NSW

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post some info on a recent trip to the tuners for a custom remap to be done to my much modified GT (Q2, 18" rims,CF2 headers, Wizard s/s downpipes, AGE carbon plenum, F360 TB, BMC CDA, ECU remap, Ragga quad exhaust, Z9 C/overs, Powerflex, Eibach ARB's, Front & rear carbon strut bars, Alum undertray, x-drilled vented slotted rotors, Carbon pads)

Very happy with the output increases (as you would be!)

A Bloody great result

First graph is the original dyno run (148.8Kw on the roller dyno at Alfamotive) with a generic Powerchip flash tune (not so happy with that outcome and performance had gone backwards from where we started - not specifioc enough for the upgrades completed), second image is the overlay of the initial run on the hub dyno at Tunehouse with the Powerchip tune removed (blue line) and the second run up (red line) with the ECU remapped (168KW AND 273Nm of torque).

Lot of hard work went into the tune as the Bosch ECU's can't be remapped via the OBD port and have to be removed to be tuned and then reinstalled, the car dyno's and the ECU removed again for any changes along with requiring specific cables and programs (like $3000 worth)

Increased from 209Nm to 273Nm of Torque (64Kw) and 123Kw to 168kw (45Kw), huge difference in throttle response, acceleration and the torque curve is fantastic- The drive home was bloody awesome with a shed load of time spent in third and fourth gear, the ability to overtake someone is now epic (the growl out of her is completely silly!) and the twisty bits just get hammered with the linear torque across the rev range (ASR gets jiggy with it now)

Would I spend the money again? YES!!! Would I recommend Jim & Tony at Tunehouse? YES!! If you want a custom tune and if you're in NSW and need a professional outfit to help you out these are the boys to talk too.

Bring on the next sunny day!!!

Last edited by MyGTtoy; 20-05-14 at 00:12.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

custom , ecu , nsw , sydney , tune , tunehouse