AUX input in 156 (Blaupunkt) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 17-05-14 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

AUX input in 156 (Blaupunkt)

In my AR 156 FL and I want to connect the AUX input. I have a mini iso:

I've combined data-in and data-out pins, but still have CD. I can't display CHARGER (also by on+src).

What can be wrong?

Last edited by badylija; 17-05-14 at 19:21.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Nordrhein-Westfalen

Member car:

2002 156sw 2.0ts

Do you mean Changer? I've used this plug with older Blau radio/cassette units with no issues.

I'd consider swapping out the radio completely. I recently put it a Pioneer MVH-160 ? or something of the sort. €50 delivered. No more CD's in the car. Good sound and reception and connectivity to almost anything - smartphones, bluetooth, etc., which I will likely never use... I have all my music on a tiny usb stick which I leave permantly sticking out of the faceplate, and there is a faceplate mounted mini jack if I want to plug in something else. CD's in the car are only slightly less dumb than LP's in the car. This is certainly so now that flash memory is so cheap. Now, the Pioneer isn't the most user-friendly, but way better than a Blaupunckt.
AO Member
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0TS

Wow, LP's in the car! Now that would be cool.

Do you get song titles etc on these USB MP3 players? Might investigate one of those, seems a good price, and USB sticks are cheap these days.
AO Member
County: Nordrhein-Westfalen

Member car:

'01 156sw 1.8 ts

I heard that there were LP car players in the '70's, but I never saw one. With my Pioneer I scroll through the album titles and press play, then it does display the song titles. Since there's only one line on the display, you don't want to load like a hundred albums onto a single stick, or at least a single folder. I haven't worked with it very much so far, so I don't know all the capabilities, but it beats the heck out of using CD's. I got a 16Gig stick from Ebay for €9 shipped, and I can't seem to fill it up. It sticks out only about a centimeter, so I leave it there permanently. Since there's no CD drive and all the anti-shock gizmos to make it roadworthy, you save a lot of money, and there's less stuff to break down.

I've been saying for years that a car radio should be only a tuner/amp with a faceplate line in jack for your MP3 or other device, and no built in CD player. For a long time the manufacturers resisted this, and so I resisted buying their crap and stuck with an ancient cassette unit with line in. Now they are finally coming around. Although, I could still do without all of this bluetooth crap. If I really need to make a call while driving, the speakerphone on the phone works well enough, and the idea of bluetoothing the music on my smartphone to the radio is worse than stupid from an engineering standpoint. Also, all of this built in stuff on modern cars - steering wheel controls, etc., is bunk. What do you do when it fails out of warranty? My arm is long enough to reach the controls on the faceplate, thank you.
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
Originally Posted by badylija View Post

What can be wrong?

The head units changed making those adaptor leads useless on later cars.

You need a CD changer imitator to get aux in.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , aux , blaupunkt , input