Selespeed Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 27-04-14 Thread Starter
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

159 selespeed

Selespeed Problems

Ok so I'm new on here but have already had a look around and haven't come across quite what I'm looking for yet, so I though I would post this thread to see if anyone could help! I apologise in advance if I'm asking questions that have already been answered.

So I have a 2003 156 Selespeed and I'm already having problems with the gearbox, it beeps in 1st, 2nd and reverse, the revs die or sometimes the engine stalls when I put it into neutral and it struggles to change into 3rd. Sometimes I have to press the paddle twice or hold it and the it changes. It is also bring up a fault code P1703 which I have seen people have had trouble to diagnose in past threads. We have checked and cleaned all of the conections that we can, the oil levels are correct and the pump engages when you open the drivers door. I have seen a few things about the clutch control solenoid circuit being open, but wanted to see if anyone had some more information about what the problem might be or if anyone just has some advice?

Many Thanks.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

problems , selespeed