GT Sold - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Renfrewshire
GT Sold

Well chaps no longer will I be sniffing around his lounge, the GT has gone to a good home.

The GT was awesome over he five and half years, 104,000 miles of ownership, would I buy another most definitely.

I do continue my love affair with Alfa Romeo with Giullietta, two in fact, always been a greedy barsteward, Mrs S uses one during the week.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: East Dunbartonshire
Be curious to hear your thoughts of the Giulietta against the GT. I made the same change just under 2 years ago and would be curious to hear if your thoughts concur with mine.
I went from GT JTDm to a Giulietta JTDm 170
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 14-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Renfrewshire
My GT was a 2 litre JTS Lusso, Red Leather and Bose Stereo. A fantastic car to look at and to sit in, the Giullietta seats in my Veloce just do not compare, althouh tey are nice to look at half black leather with red stitching.

The GT is more of a sport car, low driving position and better gear knob. The GT did and does not compare with any other vehicle on the road it is very different, where the Giullietta could be a hot hatch from VW/Hyundai/GM, maybe a bit harsh but in my opinion the styling of the Giullietta does not stand out like the GT, 156, 159, Brera.

The drive is great as the 170 jtdm-2 has plenty of torque and is mad in dynamic mode, but it is not as fun on country roads as the GT was, to me the driving position and the way the car handles is not unique.

I bought the car as a stop gap to see if Alfa will finally get its house in order, despite what i say i think he car is good value, but only if you buy second hand.

It certainly is different to drive than previous Alfa Models that i have driven.

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT