156 door hinge pin - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 10-04-14 Thread Starter
County: -
156 door hinge pin

Can any help with this. The drivers door hinge pin has sheared is this simple to replace as thought it might be just a male/female pin as there is a bolt head at one end
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
There is just a long 10mm head bolt that goes through the hinge assembly to hold the door in place - the pivot is actually a larger slightly cone-shaped (male) dowel on the body-mounted section of the hinge. I've never seen one of these break, but its possible, I guess. Relatively easy to take the door off to assess the situation - undo both 10 mm bolts on top and bottom hinge - or on the one that isn't broken, I guess - undo the two (ridiculously long) bolts that hold the catch-strap to the body, and unplug the electrics (either a twist fitting or a push-down clip, depending on the year). Then simply lift the door away complete - be careful its fairly heavy... If it is the body-mounted section of the hinge that has broken that is a bolt on piece (with very tight Allen screws) but should be readily available from any breakers - though as I say I've never seen one break and don't think I've ever kept any in stock.

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , door , hinge , pin