Many thanks to Heath Road Garage, Sandbach. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 17-12-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Many thanks to Heath Road Garage, Sandbach.

I know I have said it before, but I really think we need to reccomend the good guys.

Alfie (the owner and ex Alfa main dealer mechanic) charged me just 117.50 including VAT to fit a couple of front shocks. They also looked over my other car - an MX5 to ensure nothing was wrong before I take it for an alignment, and did not even charge me for the time spent.

Verdict of new shocks - car is now a lot safer to drive. However, I think the front is now too sharp for the rear, so looking at new rears I think to complement the fronts, but will try to hold on until the next service in May.

I have heard that regardless how good the alignment is, I am likely to need another alignment after the new shocks have settled down - how long / many miles should I leave this until? Also, will I need another alignment after the rear shocks are done, or will this not affect the rear alignment? If so, I may just bite the bullet and get the rears done sooner..... (bank balance permitting!)

Almost there with the good handling I remembered when I got her at 35k's. I guess that at 72K's things like shocks are inevitable!

Alfie - if you are reading this, thanks a lot for all of your patience.
Sponsored Links
Re: Many thanks to Heath Road Garage, Sandbach.

nice one..

AO Member

Member car:

gtv 3.0V6 24

I'd echo the sentiments - they are a good bunch at HRG - Alfie and the guys do good work at very reasonable prices and I trust them with my GTV for any work.
AO Platinum Member
County: Cheshire

This is an older thread but I must also echo the comments about Alfie and all at HRG. I had my 156 serviced there before Christmas and it is way cheaper than any dealer and the car is running great.

Cheers Alfie and HRG.
AO Member

Could not agree more with the comments above. Alfie and his team at HRG are excellent and I will continue to use them in the future.
AO Member
County: Lancashire

Alfie was my saviour! Had my 156 2L sportswagon at main dealers to check out an oil leak - I knew it was leaking oil cos the stuff was ruining my path. Took it in to the dealer for 8.30 and they rang me mid morning to tell me I had an oil leak!!!! and there were other things wrong with the car. The work cost me lots of money for them to fix - but the oil leak was still there.
In despair I joined AO and asked for local indies which could be trusted with my precious car!!! dpat recommended HRG.
I live 50 miles north of Sandbach but willing to give him a try so booked my car in.
The oil leak has now been cured along with other (major) bits and pieces. The car is purring and I am very happy.
Alfie gave detailed explanations of all work carried out and the cost for all the work was very reasonable.
Thanks to Alfie and his team.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

garage , heath , road , sandbach