Buying a 147 with some issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 08-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dublin

Member car:

Seat Ibiza

Buying a 147 with some issues

Hi there,

I am currently looking into buying a 2006 1.6 5dr 147. It has 115,000km on the clock, apparently only had the timing belt done and is asking 2,500. The car out of NCT, the seller is a dealer from his back garden but in looking into it is reported as being fine to deal with no chopping etc. Its in fantastic physical condition, bodywork and interior are really nice, has a few issues I noticed if you could give info on wheter to purchase, cost of repairs etc.

Rear window crank needs placing
Radio needs code, seems to not fit perfectly?
Boot sounds like its trying to open but wouldn't, when pushed down and pressed open finally did
Gear selector is very loose, went into every gear no problem but very sloppy feeling
Airbag light is on
A fair amount of smoke coming out of exhaust kinda blue, car has been lying around for a long time like over a month and only comes out when reved hard

Had a guy with me who buys and sells a fair few cars, he said drives great fells fine but is unsure about smoke, having a second opinion on it today with a mechanic to check again. Guy selling is grand with us taking the car to the mechanic to have it checked.

Any of these deal breakers and how much to repair each and how much to offer ya reckon? thanks.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , buying , issues