More fails. P1320 error and rear wheel clunking - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 07-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: A Coruña
More fails. P1320 error and rear wheel clunking

Really, I'm gonna put this car on fire and buy a bycicle

The injector light turned on, car went into crappy slow mode.
I connected the laptop and the P1320 error was there.
Cam sync sensor error. Cleaned the connector on the engine, it worked for a while, then came again and kept forever.
I read on the forum that there is a trick to replace the sensor without removing the timing belt, which involves to tie some pulley somehow but I don't have any idea on how to do that.

Then, while I was worrying for this, I left the car parked, came a few hours later and noticed that the rear right wheel was clunking.
I had came from a motorway before I parked, and there was nohong wrong with the wheel, I would have noticed the noise!
I thought that it was caused by that crappy irregular road, but when I went on a clear and flat road it was still there.
Even at very low speeds, you can hear some kind of friction and a light wobble. At high speeds, over 50mph, the wheel suspension starts to shake like an old washing machine, which shakes the whole car.
I really don't understand how this happened, I checked the rim and the tyre and they are ok, also I tried to pull and push on the wheel and there was no free play.
And there was no grinding noise coming from it before this happened.
I made a pair of videos:
20140407 142204 - YouTube
20140407 141227 - YouTube

Any thoughts?
I'm aware that the noise is louder because the shock absorvers aren't in the best conditions, before this happenned, any small pothole caused some clonking, but that's something that I won't fix for now.

Last edited by DavidAlfa156; 07-04-14 at 23:44.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clunking , error , fails , p1320 , rear , wheel