The garage looked into my performance on my car and found actuator is jammed and not moving. They have tried to free it up, but only made a little difference, but the MCF light / warning no sounds.
Feels like turbo is not kicking in. Mileage is 163k.
Engine also shudders when turned off.
I had suspected the Vacuum pipes, and they have been checked. The garage have reported that the pipes are ok, and Vacuum solenoid is operating.
They suspect the VNT mech is jammed.
I have asked for the turbo to be stripped and cleaned, but they are not too keen, preferring to recondition the turbo. They are confident they can do this themselves?
A few questions:
1. What is the Turbo model of the Garrett fitted to the 20v 156 JTD's?
2. What is the original ALFA part no?
3. I have seen threads / video's of the Mr Muscle and Innotec cleaning method? Would this free up the actuator or VNT? Is it worth trying?
4. Could it be a faulty actuator unit?
5. Can the 20v turbo be reconditioned? - I have read different views on this?
6. Can the intake manifold be cleaned I situ?
Anyone near Nottingham with experience?
Unfortunately I do not have cable to read the error codes?