2001 156 2ltr T.S starting problems/cutting out - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 27-03-14 Thread Starter
County: Queensland
2001 156 2ltr T.S starting problems/cutting out

So, I just got my first car... a 2001 156 2ltr T.S. My family owned the car a year before I got it, being an Alfa, we wanted to sort out any bugs the car might've had after its 200 000km's....

Anyway, when I start that car, it fails to properly start on the first attempt and cuts out, from what I can tell it doesn't quite make it to the 800/1000 rpm it needs to idle. If I try to start it again after it cuts out, it generally works.

I've found that on the first attempt, if I give it a bit of throttle, just slightly, it'll sound like there's a hole in the exhaust, although there isn't, then all is well.

I was just wondering if anyone knows why this may be happening? I just had air sensor or lambda (I believe its called) replace, and got a new fuel pump. I have a suspicion that the air sensor was not correctly installed, or the wirings faulty, or its not getting enough air past it. Although car runs perfectly fine otherwise so. The cooler the air, the more likely it is to cut out the first time as well.

Thank you if you can help.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 2001 , 2ltr , problems or cutting , starting