thought i would update my list of annoyances for those who are intersted. I have some more free time now so will be getting cracking with fixing everything!
1. Front and back badges replaced - DONE!
2. Siren noise from turbo...need more investigation - Ramps purchased at the weekend, weather permitting she will be up on the ramps on saturday to begin searching for split pipes.
3. Drivers side window squeaks when going up and down - As i was recommended above to get silicone spray. I did this, but when i came to use it i realised i have no idea what it is that i am supposed to be spraying! It seems that the squeak comes from little rubber bits either side of the gap the glass slides up and down through in the door (have no idea how to explain that, im sure you know what i mean! lol). So i didnt just want to fire silicone spray all over the rubber. Do i need to take the door card off and silicone the mechanism?
4. Detailing - Currently researching on detailingworld what I need to do to restore the paintwork as best I can, including removing the scratches / scuffs. I will post the link to the thread here once I’ve created it in case anybody wants to follow my efforts. - I cancelled my order for the MOP as i just dont have time to do this right now. It still needs doing as the paint really needs to restoration. I will come back to this when i have lots of free time.
5. Clutch is excessively hard to press down - I did the fix for this which helped for a while. But since then my slave cylinder has died and been replaced. And now its feeling stiff again. Its hard to tell if its the same as it was before or after the fix and im just not used to it because i was driving other cars whilst it was fixed. Maybe ill try to fix again and see if it helps.
6. Head unit – to replace or not to replace. I have my relatively new Sony Bluetooth unit I could put in, but need to decide if I want to keep it standard or not. Have looked into the xcarlink kits but seems an unnecessary outlay when I already have a unit that does the job. - REPLACED! I managed to get my Sony in, and all working with the bose after much use of the sticky thread in the ICE section.
Now for the new stuff:
7. Passenger side seat cable is broken - Have found the thread with the fix for this on here but this annoys the wife more than me, so its not top of the list
8 - Squaky brake pedal - I imagine nothing some WD40 wont solve. Havent even bothered looking at this so far as it doesnt annoy me enough yet.
Its all good fun, will just be nice to have the time to start fixing these issues!