156 SW rear wiper - size and fit? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 SW rear wiper - size and fit?

The rear wiper on my 156 SW is fairly shot.

It had a new rubber insert last year, but really need a new wiper assembly now.

The replacement cost seems to be about 20-24 delivered for a proper Alfa boxed arm which includes the arm and the wiper.

Now, I've been having a look at alternatives.

The Fiat Stilo rear wiper appears to be the same kind of size, but is available as a Fiat branded part for only 9 delivered.

I am no fan of paying more money than necessary, so has anyone found a definite alternative rear wiper that could be used?

If it helps, a Citroen C3 Picasso rear wiper fits Ford Focus Cmax perfectly and is significantly better looking and cheaper than the ford part.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
I had one fitted by Alfa Workshop some time ago, and the one Jamie originally fitted was too long and struck the spoiler. Not sure of the one that I ended up with, the Alfa/Fiat part number is 46480731. I understand the arm for the Fiat Multipla (?) does fit, as long as the length is correct.

I did order one from Ace Parts off the 'bay and I returned it because there was only two sections to the blade carrier. The 156 needs three sections otherwise the end doesn't maintain contact with the screen due to its curvature.

Brilliant Blue 156 GTA SportWagon | Q2 | KW V1 Coil-overs | Eibach ARB | Wiecher Strut Bar | Wizard Cat-Back

2009 Fiat Panda 100 HP Stealth Edition
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

They're about 12 on ebay.
156 SW rear wiper - size and fit?

The problem with eBay ones is they are either too long, or they have one less joint in the blade so the top of the blade doesn't touch the screen across the too of its sweep.

Fiat or other branded OE parts are better quality, and if you can find across reference, much cheaper.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , fit , rear , size , wiper