Help needed please... I dont know what to do.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Well Happy Help needed please... I dont know what to do....

Hello everyone

I am getting desperate now….. I am still having heat / cold issues…

I shall start from the beginning.. The main temp controller (near the driver) stopped working. As you turned the dial, the temp on the digital display didn’t alter.
If I turn the passenger side, the display on the drivers side would later, but very randomly….

I could then set the temp and press the MONO button and both side worked, but then randomly the temp would alter very high or very low.

I have tried another unit (that has the 2 temp control, fan speed, hazard lights etc on) and this does exactly the same thing.

I then bought a 3rd one, however, this is in F rather than C and just blows at full heat all the time.

I then tested all of my actuator motors that regulate the temp and blowers, these are all operating fine. I even took them all apart and re-greased them in case they were not working right. I have tested these and they all operate on work fine.

BUT – I am still having issues as the temp is to working and it is becoming an issue with the cold weather and defrosting my screen etc…..

Can anyone help, or advise me where I can go to plug my car into some diagnostics perhaps?

I live in Norfolk, and have spoken to Alfa Shop, who sadly cannot help…

Do I buy a 4th control unit? Or does anyone have any information that can help me… ?

Thanks for reading…..
Sponsored Links
AO Member
If you still have your original controller,check the solder connections on the diode(it looks like two small bits of black plastic,that the toothed part of the wheel sits and turns in) on the board.I resoldered a friend's one back on,as half of it had fallen off completely! It's fiddly as hell,but possible.
His now works perfectly,except that it too,now reads in ℉!!!
As the old one got hot or cold and anywhere in between,if you can sort out the random misbehaviour,yours had identical symptoms to my mates,it might,just might sort your problem .
I might have a picture of the part that needs soldering,somewhere.
Hope you can get it sorted.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT