a recommendation : squeaky suspension fix - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 09-11-06 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear
a recommendation : squeaky suspension fix

may have been mentioned before, may not have, i havent time to search.

my front passenger side suspension has been squeaking for months, and as the winter has got closer its got progressively worse to the point that a dead fly on the road would cause it to squeak!

anyway, various tips and pointers on here... WD40, 3 in 1 multi purpose, spray grease, inject grease?!... NONE worked for more than maybe 2 days before the squeak was back.

i eventually managed to find a new product from 3in1... their new *improved* silicone lubricant spray... for only £6 i thought what the hell, it cant hurt... that same night, with the car stone cold i proceeded to attack every single bush, bearing, joint, fitting and bolt on the suspension with the spray... on all 4 corners of the car. used best part of the 500ml can. left it over night, not to hopeful... next morning, 3 celcius out, i thought, ah here we go, another annoying drive to work with the bloody resident mouse... NOT A NOISE. that was 3 weeks ago... the car has never had such quiet suspension!

i concentrated the spray on the upper wishbones of the front as i had lowers replaced not long back, well, a year ago, besides, lowers give a knocking. uppers squeak.

so there you go, if your having nightmares silencing your mice give 3in1's new silicone spray lubricant a try... its not a perminant fix but hey, lets face it, nobody wants to be replacing suspension arms just before christmas!!

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
Re: a recommendation : squeaky suspension fix

Thanks for the tip, I will get some of that. I will get round to fixing it properly but like you say I don't want to be working on a car in the cold weather.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fix , recommendation , squeaky , suspension