Well, it's taken best past of 6 days, skin on my right thumb is practically worn away but quite happy with the results.
Few photos on dropbox
Decided to go the whole hog, inside and out. Took photos of the positions of the weights so I know where they had to go back, rub down, filled a few minor scrapes with Chemical Metal, couple of coats each of primer, paint and laquer, new centres.
I went for Autotek Paint in rattle cans, bit of a balls up as I original bought their Silver Wheel paint but I didn't like the colour, so then went for their Alloy Wheel Paint, which specifically says not to use laquer....but used it anyway. Hope I don't find in a couple of weeks it all slides off, first one's been done for nearly a week and is fine.
Having just spent £400 on tyres I couldn't afford another couple of hundred on a professional job. Still ,for about 30 quids worth of paint I'm happy with the results.
Working tomorrow but off the weekend, give the old girl a good clean. Just need to find a satisfactory way to install the full size spare.
All the best