Had my 147 Selespeed for just over 3 years now. Had the Selespeed actuator replaced under warranty when fairly new.
Just had 3 year service, with plugs and belt replacement.
Was hoping this may have blown away the cobwebs and fixed a problem I am having with gear change on Selespeed. But alas no.
Started to feel wrong some months ago but getting worse recently.
Here are the symptoms in order of which happens most often.
1) Lazy upward gear changes, at times you can see the revs drop twice, almost as if the clutch was released in two steps.
2) Selespeed System failure error.
3) Low engine oil pressure error. usually following number 2.
4) Unable to enage first from Neutral. attempts to upshift about 4 times, shunting the car each time. Until giving up and dropping to neutral. A turn off and back on again at the ignition a couple of times, seems to fix this temporarily. But this is happening more frequently now.
5) Failure to turn-over at all.
6) Sometimes when a gear changes feels like 'slam in the back' as the gear goes in. Not nice at all. Scared for my gearbox when this happens.
7) Sometimes no problems at all and it seems that once the car has been running for a while, if she was showing any of the lazy gear change syptoms these would go/decrease once nicely warmed up.
When I took her in for the service the chap said the computer had shown a faulty enigne speed sensor.
Does this sound consistent with the above?
I've also just read on here that a battery not in tip-top condition can cause problem on Selespeed models. Could it be I just need a new battery?
She is booked in for next wednesday so any ideas you can suggest to get the chap to look at.
I'm **** scared of being ditched in the sticks somewhere.
Appreciate any help.