Alarming Problems!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 30-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Alarming Problems!!!

Thanks 'Marlon' for letting me know about the whereabouts of the '155 technical centre' in its absence i'll post on here because i guess an early 156 might experience similar problems!!

The car is a 1997 155 2 litre ts sports, i went to get in it on saturday, only to find the remote central locking won't work, so i opened the door from the key slot on the drivers side. This immediately set off the alarm, which i'm guessing is the volumetric sensor kicking in. I read the maunal and found out how to switch the alarm off by using the emergency key in the glove box, but it didn't work! SO what is the problem?, the battery in the key isn't flat because the little led lights up, so i'm thinking its the sensor inside the car thats the problem, can these be easily fixed? or is there a way of cutting the alarm out temporarly under the bonnet?. The engine still starts which must mean the imboliser switches on and off ok. I need to fix it asap as i'm moving house on friday!
Sponsored Links
Re: Alarming Problems!!!

anyone help out ?

AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.5

The alarm is in the passenger side front wheel arch(for rhd, dunno about lhd)

If you remove the wheelarch liner, the alarm is at the top. Disconnect the plugs and it will be deactivated. However, one version has battery back up, one doesnt. If it does, remove it (2x10mm or13mm) and unscrew the unit, then disconnect the battery pack to silence it.

This will be a temporary fix.

I'm assuming you have tried fresh batteries in your remote.
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 31-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

I fixed it! all day i sat at my desk staring at the spare key, and it suddenly dawned on me that although the little LED lights up, it might not be sending the right signal to the car, so when i got in after football i swapped the batteries from the spare to the one i usually use and bobs your uncle everything worked straight away!

I never used the spare before saturday, seems a little pointless that they'ed supply a spare key that doesn't work! AAARRGGGGHH!!

oh well at least the beauty is fixed now!

Thanks for your help!
AO Gold Member

Typical Alfa !!!! keeps your spirit and wits up to date !!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alarming , problems