judders,revs drop - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 29-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa `156 2.0 TS judders,revs drop

Help!today i re-set the ECU(50 mins battery off,15 min idle then 10 min blast),cleaned the throttle body and car has developed a juddering while driving.

This is not all the time ,but has never happened before.Usually about the 2k revs mark.I also noticed when the car judders it doesn't have any revs(the needle drops to 0 then back to revs)also noticed osmetimes the revs bounce between 0.5 1.5

I did earlier spray some carb cleaner through the MAF.and also cleaned the throttle body with it still on,unhooked the maf pipe and opened the butterfly.

any advice on what the juddering can be caused? [xx(]
Sponsored Links
Re: judders,revs drop

The ECU will take about a 100 miles to relearn.

BTW...I thought it wasn't recommended to clean the MAF as any cleaner etc still on the diode bitty may cause it to burn. I dunno if that's right, just heard that.

Member car:

156 1.8ts

Re: judders,revs drop

Sorry to hear your having problems...

My 1.8ts had exactly the same problems. I had an oiled induction kit fitted and the oil had destroyed the MAF. Tried cleaning it and was no better, infact it got worse.

The way forward, a nice new MAF from my local rip off merchants (sorry, my local Alfa Dealer). Now it's all better and running like a dream minus the induction kit..!

Good Luck!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

drop , helpcar , judders , revs