Questions regarding Fuel Pump - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Something German

Questions regarding Fuel Pump

With reference to threads on this forum i seem to have some sort off lack of power(MAF replaced 1.5 yrs ago without any changes).Last year i replaced the variator and all the belts and pulley's.The water pump too.There is still no difference.

I am having the fuel pump and thermostat checked out.The car consumes way too much petrol.A while back i had almost a full tank and the yellow light came on, but no "attention range".

Nothing was found wrong by the dealer through the examiner.I also went through something strange,parked the car on my drive way.Started the engine put the car on 1st gear and nothing happened,as in no movement.Had to rev the engine then the car moved slowly.Parked it.Then an hour later everything was ok.It was the second time the car behaved in that way.

it was suggested that it was the clutch on its way out,i spoke to an alfa dealer who, indicated that if it was the clutch i would not be intermittent.It hasnt happened since.

My brother's golf 4 had a similar problem 4 days ago.He also had to rev it to move it.The fuel pump had died.He replaced it and all is good

Sorry for the long thread.It takes me sometime to get to higher speeds.Its a 2.0l selespeed, surely some cars shouldnt come near me.Am taking 1.3,1.5 and 1.6.I have tested the car it performs poorly against the 1.5 and 1.6 engines.

What are the possible causes of my car problems?
I use to use only shell v power, but dont anymore and still no change
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Brasov
Re: Questions regarding Fuel Pump

I've experienced lack of power&acceleration,and gone through the usual:checked AFM,checked lambda,went on and cleaned throttle body...some improvement but still not perfect.I'm now thinking abut the fuel pump as was teken off,the mechanics showed me some sparkling bits in the mesh,they said that's caused by friction within the pump,thus stopping the correct flow of petrol...I really don't know what to think anymore.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fuel , pump , questions