New Gt from Auto lusso - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 18-10-06 Thread Starter
New Gt from Auto lusso

Hi I am new here and thinking about buying a brand new Alfa GT Diesel 1.9 JTD M-jet fully loaded from the leather interior to the winter pack and parking sensors etc, from an internet site I found called "auto Lusso." They are doing it for 19995 otr!

Just wandering what the GT's are like?
If anyone knows if this dealer is genuine or used them before?
What the depreciation is like on Alfa's?? (heard mixed reports on them!)
Thanks, any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Edinburgh
Re: New Gt from Auto lusso

Several people on here have the 1.9 GT and seem to love it, so I doubt you'd be disappointed with it. The GT seems to be holding its value better than previous Alfas, possibly due to the limited initial supply of them.

Auto Lusso is the new trading name for a company that used to trade as Smart Alfa. Over on the General Discussion forum, there is an enormous topic entitled "Smart Alfa - Liars and Misselling", which I suggest you read.

In summary, some people on here have bought cars from Smart Alfa and had no problem whatsoever. Some others paid deposits, haven't received their cars, and are having difficulty getting their deposits returned.

I've had no direct experience with them, so I have no axe to grind either way.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide whether the saving you can make with Auto Lusso is worth the risk.

It might be worth having a good long chat with your franchised dealer - the one near me has some good deals on GTs at the moment.
AO Platinum Member
County: -

Member car:

Indeed they are... I found mine very willing to haggle !! £1600 worth of optional extras for free later and they had a sale !!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Rosso GT

Regarding Smart Alfa, or whatever they're trading under these days, worth doing some homework on this and other alfa forums. There are mixed feelings but in general, opinions have been polorized into the "terrible experience" to "no problems" camps. Lesser men (or ladies) have gone insane reading all the threads with the extremeties of experiences!!

Visit to your local dealer(s). If you know your stuff you could strike a good deal. Go at the end of the month when they're more desparate for their sales figures. Have a figure/spec in mind and walk away if not completely satisfied.
Alternatively, be patient on the 2nd hand market (as I was) and pick up a bella with full history without any of the (potential) dealer hassles.

You'll get all you need to know (and more) from this forum + an insight into the mindset of current/past/future alfa owners who contribute.

Oh yeah, the car is f*****g magnificent. You won't be disappointed

As jamieboy says - the decision is yours.....

Post more questions if you're still unsure - the guys are more than happy to welcome another happy alfaholoic to the fold!

The meek shall inherit the earth
but not the mineral rights
J. Paul Getty

Last edited by Jed; 18-10-06 at 21:35.
AO Member

Member car:

Paid about that for my 1.9 GT complete with Leather, 17" alloys and reversing sensors, got it direct from an Alfa Dealers.

The deal was brokered by DealDrivers ( they did the haggling came back with a price and then put the dealer in touch with me directly and dropped out of the loop at that point. No money or contract between me and broker, all with the dealer. I'm the first owner on the log book.

Was really good and easy, I've also got a new Santa Fe for the wife using the same method and both cars have been really easy. Guy I dealt with at the Brokers was Anson, very helpful.

I assume that it comes priced as a fleet deal to be able to get the discount through and the broker gets a fee or whatever from the broker.

For the same Money or even a couple of hundred more a UK car through the pukka dealer network is probably better than from an importer.
Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Originally Posted by Thrud
For the same Money or even a couple of hundred more a UK car through the pukka dealer network is probably better than from an importer.
Completely agree, particularly worth it when you try to sell the car.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

auto , lusso