Rebuild JTS Engine ... small issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-02-14 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

Rebuild JTS Engine ... small issues

Hi everybody,

happy being with you and sharing our passion.

I am currently repairing my GT 2.0 JTS. I am having a bit of a hassle here and there, but getting along.

I am taking the head off, since I suspect I have an issue with the cylinder head or gasket. Trying to get it nicely clean too, so it runs smoother. It only has 55.000 on the clock but needs a bit of TLC.

I am trying to get the auxiliary belt pulley of the cranckshaft. There are 4 ribe screws which are bit of problem. What kind of thread is it? Right hand thread? I want to put an impact wrench on it but want to be sure I have the direction right before I unleash 450 Nm on the screws ... would be greatfull for feedback.

Currently I have the belt off, the valve cover off and a couple of stuff off, it all is going really slow. Especially I only have the weekends ...

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
The 4 screws holding the aux belt crank pulley shouldn't be very tight. They are normal thread so anti clockwise to remove. Maybe someone has used locktite on them previously? If they really are stuck 450Nm will just break the heads off, which is one way of doing it I guess.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , issues , jts , rebuild , small