alfa gt slow acceleration off boost - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
alfa gt slow acceleration off boost

Ok I'm new to Alfas having only owned the car for 2 weeks but when the car is cold from start up, when I set off it takes an age to get to the boost almost like it's ready to stall and I've also noticed that the boost comes in later when in gear driving (when I first drove the car boost was coming in at around 2000rpm now sometimes 2500-3000rpms) Now I've tried a throttle reset and I'm going to try a ecu reset tomorrow when I'm off work but after reading a few threads on here I'm wondering if it's the egr valve? Anyway if anyone could throw any light on it I'd be much appreciated, hopefully its nothing too serious............

Many Thanks Jimmy
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cardiff
Probably either the egr stuck slightly open or a split in one of the small turbo vnt pipes.
Egr is easy to remove and clean and the pipes are easy and cheap to replace, you need 3mm silicone tubing which is about £5 for a meter on ebay

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

accelaration , acceleration , alfa , alfa gt 17 , boost , boost or turbo , egrvalve , slow